test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Controlling Alert

greymagic27#2335 greymagic27 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Wouldn't it be cool if you could control your own alert stauts, So you could go to yellow alert or red alert in missions and it would play the correct sound for them. It would make the game alot more fun I think.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Red alert should only really trigger off you being shot at or you shooting at something.

The length of time it drags on for once combat ends gets beyond a joke sometimes and even worse on console where autofiring of abilities only checks for alert status and then prolongs it even more.
  • greymagic27#2335 greymagic27 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    But think about it for a second. You could click yellow alert and all power would go to shields. Then red alert would make power go to your weapons and shields
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    With some of the mechanics that will or will not trigger under 'red alert' being able to freely control it could make things a little easier for end game builds.

If I could stay at red alert status all the time I would do so. Reason being that, depending upon my build, red alert status either maintains damage bonuses or bridge officer cool downs.

I really don't ever want to lose red alert. The only reason to do so is to use full impulse, but I don't use full impulse, so once again, no reason.

With competitive engines, evasive maneuvers and emergency power to engines I can go faster then full impulse quite easily, so I am careful to get to the next group before full impulse becomes available.

Now for newer captains that don't yet have access to high end traits and equipment there isn't much benefit to maintaining red alert. But I would argue that with power to engines one, and evasive they still dont need to wait for red alert status to drop. Those two abilities alone will get you from one place to another nice and quick, no need to wait around for the alert status.

Ok so that's what I have to input on this, its not an argument for or against change, just some relevant info for those interested.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    The question is what benefit would Yellow Alert or Green "Alert"(aka condition:green) provide other then a slightly easier way of getting out of combat status.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    The question is what benefit would Yellow Alert or Green "Alert"(aka condition:green) provide other then a slightly easier way of getting out of combat status.

Right. Seems like it would be an unnecessary gimmick like the alive/dead crew that they removed from the game. I would rather not have my power going to shields at all as I've got my power levels set the way I want them. Seems like what the OP is proposing would be similar to the temporal ship mechanic with an offensive/defensive/science function depending on what alert status you're in.
  • greymagic27#2335 greymagic27 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It would be unecessary yes, but it would also make the game more fun
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've advocated in the past for a new Personal Trait - called something like Bridge Synergy, that would reduce your time to come out of Red Alert to 7 seconds or so (from 10).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.