test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the 'ANDROID' officer still available as a collectible 'asset' to LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS?

wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
I am still working my way through just what 'priviledges'/'assets', are available to LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS. So PLEASE, bear with me. Now I have read, and re-read, up on the various assets that are accorded to LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS. And one of the things that caught my eye, was that a 'ANDROID' officer, is supposed to be available for recruitment to your crew.

Is this still true.

Comments

• dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    yes
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    You can buy them at earth space dock. Under the stairs of Admiral Quinn's office. Where the bridge officer trainer is. You can only recruit one at any given time.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am still working my way through just what 'priviledges'/'assets', are available to LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS. So PLEASE, bear with me. Now I have read, and re-read, up on the various assets that are accorded to LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS. And one of the things that caught my eye, was that a 'ANDROID' officer, is supposed to be available for recruitment to your crew.

Is this still true.

Since the question has been answered, I'll ask you one..

What is with the CAPITAL LETTERS and the 'things in quotes' in EVERY post that 'you' WRITE?

Seriously, just regular writing is fine.. we're happy to help, no need for extra flare. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > > You can buy them at earth space dock. Under the stairs of Admiral Quinn's office. Where the bridge officer trainer is. You can only recruit one at any given time.
    >
    > The Boff trainer doesn't have them, but that is the right area. The Boff vendor is behind the desk while the trainer is by the door. The Vet androids are listed under "Special Officers".

I said where the bridge trainer is not that it was the bridge trainer. Elsa Mora the bajoran officer that is across the same area is the NPC that you purchase them from.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    The Android boff is groovy. That was a pleasant surprise whenever I got my lifetime sub.
    You can buy them at earth space dock. Under the stairs of Admiral Quinn's office. Where the bridge officer trainer is. You can only recruit one at any given time.

Also, it should be mentioned that you can have one at a time per character. Also, if a toon dismisses an android boff, you can get another from the recruiting officer.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I've long used my Lifetime Android as my ships chief medical officer.
  • wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    When I went back and read the lifetime subscription (better, seaofsorrows?), page, it says that the Android officer, is supposed to be 'free'. Why are so many people saying that they 'bought' the officer? If you have to buy the officer, just how much does s/he cost?

This is a real headscratcher.
    edited November 2018
    Not trying to sound like one of those preachy old forum users but is it really necessary to make two threads asking about a similar topic? Especially when it still in use and being answered.

The android isn't 'technically 'free". You still need lifetime subscription in order to purchase it from the bajoran officer under Admiral Quinn's office at Sol space dock.

Buying means you still need to get it from the NPC that sells them. But it doesn't cost you anything besides the lifetime. So it is 'free' to lifetime users. You can only buy one. If you discard the bridge officer you can buy a new one.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    OP, your threads have been merged. Please don't spam the forum with multiple threads on the same topic. Thanks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    When I went back and read the lifetime subscription (better, seaofsorrows?), page, it says that the Android officer, is supposed to be 'free'. Why are so many people saying that they 'bought' the officer? If you have to buy the officer, just how much does s/he cost?

This is a real headscratcher.

Probably because you claim the officer from the Bridge Officer store the same way as you would buy regular Boffs, it just doesn't have a price attached.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    (better, seaofsorrows?)

Wasn't trying to be snippy man, it was just a question.

But to answer yours.. yes, it's better. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    > @azrael605 said:
    I get that but this particular OP has shown in multiple threads that he needs excruciatingly specific instructions on how to find these things.

I only just found this out. Going to leave you to explain next time.