test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We should be able to choose the Beam and Warp effects for all of our chars

rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
Yesterday I learned that the Disco Warp Effect is linked only to your AoD Char. Before I thought it was linked to Disco ships. Its quite anoying that my main char i build for over a year now cannot use the new warp effect

it would be much nicer if we have the option to choose the effect like we can decide if we want the specific shield effects of some shields (and special impulse drives)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edit: with beam i meant the transporter effect
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Would be cool but would also kinda make the 3 different fed sub-factions pointless since that's the only thing separating them.
    At lest the TOSlings got 4 extra missions but the original feds and disco got nothing.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    It would be really nice, especially for lock box ships and such...always wanted a Cardassian transporter effect and since we wont be getting a faction most likely the next best thing would be the effects on the Cardassian ships.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Would be cool but would also kinda make the 3 different fed sub-factions pointless since that's the only thing separating them.
    The point of the "sub-factions" is to have a different origin story.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    I'd love to have the temporal warp from the Future Proof story. It looks like a beefed-up Transwarp, or Slipspace from Halo.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Would be nice to choose the Warp effect, but for the foreseeable future we'll have to stick to Discovery-style Warp being the only one in the game.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Not sure about choosing warp effects, but I do think they should be tied to the ship used rather than faction. And I know it is possible for Cryptic to override the effects/animations, as the Kelvin ships already do this and to some extent the Crossfield when transwarping.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    In the case of the Kelvin ships... its not QUITE as overriding. There's still a trail and warp flash, but its just reskinned. And frankly I would have liked the Crossfield and Walker to have the Discovery warp effects too.
    I'd love to have the temporal warp from the Future Proof story. It looks like a beefed-up Transwarp, or Slipspace from Halo.

I'd rather have that Temporal Rift effect replace the old Transwarp effect because it is MUCH better looking than forming a ghostly tunnel.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.