test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D PROMOTION BOX

ukusaki333ukusaki333 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
when are you going to give us promotion boxes?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    What do you mean by "promotion boxes"?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Are you asking when the next R&D Promotion is going to be, perhaps? Or something along those lines?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    @ukusaki333 This is going to need some clarification.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is it a prize box with a master key in it to go along with every time I get a Specialization point.... I am cool with that. :::::giggles:::::
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ukusaki333ukusaki333 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Are you asking when the next R&D Promotion is going to be, perhaps? Or something along those lines?

yes r&d boxes
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Going by the patterns of previous years, there's usually one about the the time that Winter Wonderland starts, so my guess would be about December 6th.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ukusaki333ukusaki333 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    Going by the patterns of previous years, there's usually one about the the time that Winter Wonderland starts, so my guess would be about December 6th.

i thoght they're coming every month/month an' half
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    ukusaki333 wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »

i thoght they're coming every month/month an' half

Most years you can count on 4 of them, roughly every 3 months, about at the halfway point of each lock box. Some years have had an extra one, for 5 total, as there were in 2015 and 2017. The last one last year, starting on December 7th, was actually an infinity Duty Officer Pack promo, rather than the typical R&D box one, but basically the same thing.

Edit: I am referring to PC STO here, not console. I don't pay very much attention to what the schedule for these things is like on consoles.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I don't think they'll ever "give" them to us. They'll gladly start selling them to us again. Probably around mid December just like they do every single year.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't think they'll ever "give" them to us. They'll gladly start selling them to us again. Probably around mid December just like they do every single year.

Yeah, I remember promotions in the past where they gave one out, but that was when R&D Boxes were a new thing. They haven't given them out free in a very long time and I wouldn't expect them to again in the future.

Just like they used to give out Lobi at one time, but that's also been sadly abolished.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I really hope they don't put the Discovery ships in lockboxes but the Shepard Class & Cardenas class seem to be the two most requested I bet one will end up in a lock box of some kind....
This discussion has been closed.