test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just want to replay Sunrise - why is this so hard?

gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
I am trying to replay the Sunrise mission, but the Episode list says to contact the 'Mission Simulator'. I have no idea what/where that is. The entire Future Proof story arc is greyed out, but I have 2 of the 3 items already so I've definitely played Sunrise on this character before.

I've tried to "catch up" any missing missions in the list, but I'm stuck. The last arc available is New Romulus, which I finished, but next in the list (Solanae) is still greyed out.

I tried the console in my ready room on the bridge, but that doesn't seem to work like it used to for mission replays.

I just want to get the 3rd item so I can upgrade it this weekend during the Upgrade bonus. Help!

Nwj3VXc.jpg
screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Go through all yor previous Arcs and look if there is something you can skip / play. With that streamlining thing there are some "different" Missions which you either skip or play (TFO, Moved missions etc.)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    And you were able to play Sunrise earlier, because it was a Featured Episode when it was released - which meant you could play it out of sequence without any of the previous things. But now that it's no longer Featured, and they revamped/reset the episode list, you need to unlock it the 'proper' way.
    (yeah, I've got a number of alts with similar issues. :| )

edit: oh, and "Mission Simulator" - that's just a hand-wavey excuse for why you can re-play missions. You're 'simulating' them again in the holodeck. (doesn't explain why you get loot from it, but hey! :D )
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The usual culprit for missions being locked is often the small yesterdays war arc and the revamp introduced a few more thanks to the shoehorning of TFO breadcrumb's into the arcs.

First time you logged in after the mission revamp borked things you should have been bombarded by npc's pestering you to do stuff. So go through the list and see if there are any that stand out as needing done (or skipped) under the in progress tab.
  • alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I've been having issues with this as well. Lots of the previous missions are coming up as unplayed, not sure what its all about, but I do think the problem is the mission journal as stated earlier.
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    I ran into a similar issue last night on my Jem'Hadar where I couldn't skip A Step Between Stars, still poking at it though. My Discovery toon was able to skip through everything beyond the starting wrapper mission of each arc and had no issue on any part. I got thinking after I logged off for the night, that I had started the Dyson Sphere introduction missions and had done only the first one, so it might be blocking because of that incomplete chain (though, again, my Discovery toon had a Skip button on all of them).
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, the program locks any Story Arc from you in the sidebar menu, if there is even one mission not in "Replay" or "Skipped" mode in the Story Arc previous to it.

So, you must go through each and every tab in the sidebar to find the one that is blocking everything. And it is not the same missions every time, and not the same for every faction. Hunt them down, Do them or Skip them.

Most people are getting messed up by the addition of the TFO's into the Mission Journal menus. They added one to every mission arc...so start at the first one and go down the list.

And that is nothing....some of the old mission stories got moved over to the "Available" listing (where all the dailies used to be). And those get unlocked by different levels and even still they don't have them all showing up, yet, for everyone. Still broken. And depends by Faction, too.

For example: My KDF have access to the Breen Cold War. While my Temporal Recruit / Fed does not, and I have to search for Temporal Probes in those Breen missions. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    There's one of those breen missions (one with the map pieces and daft cave fight) where the probe is miles off at the TRIBBLE end of nowhere beyond normal scan range so be prepared to either google where it is or spend a good 30 minutes running around the edge of the map.
    There's one of those breen missions (one with the map pieces and daft cave fight) where the probe is miles off at the TRIBBLE end of nowhere beyond normal scan range so be prepared to either google where it is or spend a good 30 minutes running around the edge of the map.

Oh god, please....that temporal probe in the asteroid in Operation Gamma was no picnic.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Welp, gotta call it. No joy. :(

I double and triple checked all the available missions in the Episodes list. I ran all the TFOs under Jorel Quinn, even though I've played them all before. (Except for "Secret", which is the newest one related to the Discovery tie-in.) All to no avail; Solanae and beyond are still greyed out.
    Yikes! Something is totally stuck on your program.

I think the Devs are gonna have to look at it for you.

@chrian#9670 posted a list of missions I have to do to unlock stories for me...but that was for the KDF side. I thought she posted a FED version of it somewhere.

Yeah I submitted a support ticket yesterday. I hope they can help me out, because I'm at a loss.
    Today is the Veteran's Day observed....I am not sure if the Cryptic Devs are off today for a holiday.
    I know the Government folks are...so no mail and banks are closed.

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    I have been summoned. @gfreeman98 , You need to do the following to be able to replay Sunrise.
    New romulus arc: Complete New romulus Aid

Solanae Dyson Sphere ARC: Skip TFO , A Step between stars, Fluidic Destruction, Surface Tension

Delta Quadrant: Skip ALl that glitters, Complete The kobali front Handoff mission ( just beam down talk to one npc and your done, no need to do the parts 1 through 3., Skip all the rest of the episode arc

Iconian War: Skip all missions in this arc

Yesterday's War: Skip all missions in this arc

Sunrise will then unlock.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Solanae Dyson Sphere ARC: Skip TFO , A Step between stars, Fluidic Destruction, Surface Tension

On my KDF-allied Jem'hadar, there's no TFO mission, and none of those missions listed have a Skip button. I've likely already skipped A Step Between Stars when it was active via an Endeavor, and the Introduction to the Dyson Sphere Circles Within Circles mission seems completed with no buttons at all, but the rest don't have a Skip button on Supply Woes. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Edit: Doing Supply Woes made the Skip button come up on the next one, looks like that was holding it up. I think I was focusing too much on A Step Between Stars not having a skip button when I first Skipped up to it, having forgotten I'd already skipped it.
    Post edited by tom61sto on
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    One thing to check is the "Welcome to New Romulus" video that triggers when you beam down the first time. I had a few characters, who I'd swear had done that already, who had to sit through it again before I could Skip later bits.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    alcaatraz wrote: »
    I've been having issues with this as well. Lots of the previous missions are coming up as unplayed, not sure what its all about, but I do think the problem is the mission journal as stated earlier.

On my new character I can't even access side missions I want to do...I've been wanting to do the 2800 and I can't seem to do it because Quinn wont give me the mission...unless there is some hidden prerequisite.
    edited November 2018
    tom61sto wrote: »

On my KDF-allied Jem'hadar, there's no TFO mission, and none of those missions listed have a Skip button. I've likely already skipped A Step Between Stars when it was active via an Endeavor, and the Introduction to the Dyson Sphere Circles Within Circles mission seems completed with no buttons at all, but the rest don't have a Skip button on Supply Woes. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Edit: Doing Supply Woes made the Skip button come up on the next one, looks like that was holding it up. I think I was focusing too much on A Step Between Stars not having a skip button when I first Skipped up to it, having forgotten I'd already skipped it.

I got the list for missions that are "mandatory" to unlock the stuff on the KDF side and posted it here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1244612/klingon-episodes-and-available-in-mission-journal

Looks like you found it without the list, though. :)

I have been summoned. @gfreeman98 , You need to do the following to be able to replay Sunrise.
    New romulus arc: Complete New romulus Aid...

That worked, thanks!

I had already sat through the unskippable and goes on forever D'Tan monologue, but I guess it didn't count. That was the roadblock.

This discussion has been closed.