test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reaching Level 20 in an R&D Class for One Character should unlock a reduction mechanic.

tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
Reaching Level 20 in an R&D Class for One Character should unlock a reduction mechanic across all Characters

Currently eight classes, (Beams, Cannons, Engineering, Ground Weapons, Kits and Modules, Projectiles, Science and Shields) if a person is doing the max of 3 “Bonus Research XP” per day, it would take a player’s 49 days to reach level 15 and 115 days to reach level 20. Even with the 1000+ XP you get later on you are still looking at 42 days to reach level 15 and 99 days to reach level 20.

Because you can have up to 6 slots and assuming that player it trying to reach level 20 across the board in all eight skills, that would take 460 days of work. The Best case would be 353 days and that assumes the +1000 XP for all “bonus research xp” + the 5000 XP for the daily fleet project.
As you can see this is about the most broken mechanic in the game. Adding in the same type of reduction like what was done for the Rep Systems and Reaching Tire V, adding this feature would greatly help people trying to level up in R&D

Personally I would drop the requirement by 50% for those that reach level 15 and 75% for those that reached 20.

With a 50% reduction that would make reaching level 15 possible in 25 days and level 20 in 58 days assuming that you reached level 15 in one of the fields on the account.

With the 75% reduction that would make reaching level 15 possible in 13 days and level 20 in 29 days, again assuming that you reached level 20 in one of the fields on the account.

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    No new info or insight here, just saying by personal experience - IMO it's a good idea.

Many would level up only one or even no char to level 20, I try to get 20 all, for the sake of it, on 3 chars.
    I like your idea and I know it takes long to make a "20 all" char, let alone continue doing so for newer chars.

BTW, for me, the rest will settle for 15 each, if I can, at least until the requirements change. I don't regret leveling two chars for "all 20" and almost doing so for the third, but "all 20", IMO, is just too much work once you had already one (beside for the 15 for titles, traits and being able to do all crafts including special items on a single char, also 20 all for completion, potentially more criticals, and in the past, also a blue special crafting aegis doff reward for completing all,) or a few such (if you insist and like it like I did :)) and spent years in this game and having multiple new chars.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I have one toon at 20 on most, a few others at 20 on a few but, other than a better chance at crits, anything above 15 isn't really necessary. Other than when I need to craft something in particular, I just go down the line doing the research project in each category until I have them all at 5, 10, 15 and then I start over, slowly (ever so slowly) working to 20.

Other toons getting a "boost" after one toon get's to 20 would be nice, but isn't even remotely close to being needed and with the track record on such things, and the unexpected consequences, I'd rather they just left it alone.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Yes, for new characters it take quite a lot to accomplish L20 on all R&Ds. There should be auto-sponsorship like the rep system has.