test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have they fixed the turret angle bug yet?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
I was gonna spend some money and upgrade some turrets, but have they fixed the turrets yet? Last I knew they were only firing aft.
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Nope. Budget option is still to skip aft weapons altogether.

(Also, just to clarify, the 360' weapons actually shoot front, but not directly ahead, against some enemies. Turning yourself and facing the enemy under slight angle will make them shoot again in most cases).
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User

(Also, just to clarify, the 360' weapons actually shoot front, but not directly ahead, against some enemies. Turning yourself and facing the enemy under slight angle will make them shoot again in most cases).

Thanks! Cant believe they have let that bug go on for so long. Literally 50% of the combat options are now dead due to it. GG Cryptic, GG.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    lexusk19 wrote: »

Thanks! Cant believe they have let that bug go on for so long. Literally 50% of the combat options are now dead due to it. GG Cryptic, GG.

Do note that not all ships are affected by the bug. I've not noticed it on my Ty'Gokor for instance. Even the first few ships the devs tested didn't have the issue either, so it seems likely to be based on how the graphic hardpoints are setup.

There are so many things broken since AoD, (sorting of Exchange in Per Unit and Admiralty ships too, Discovery warp drive spool up on 25C ships on 25 Characters, random graphic issues and complaining of up-to-date drivers being out-of-date, lag, etc.) that I'm really hoping Thursday is a sizable patch hitting most of the issues.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    They have a fix up on Tribble now: http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1245041/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-11-7-18

"Resolved an issue where 360° weapons were unable to hit large targets on the opposite side of where they were equipped."

You might want to try it out with the ship you're having trouble with to see if it works for your ship, just in case.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The fix for this is included in the patch notes for Holodeck in about 12 hours.

Once maintenance is done, hopefully this will be resolved.

Source.
    Resolved an issue where 360° weapons were unable to hit large targets on the opposite side of where they were equipped.

:smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.