test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Re-Slot your traits after claiming T6 Reputation.

seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
Just a reminder to any that don't yet realize it...

When you claim a T6 Reputation, it 'upgrades' all of your reputation traits to a Rank 2 variant. The game does this by removing the old trait from your available list and replacing it with an upgraded T2 version.

When this happens, the trait is unslotted as it no longer exists, but the replacement trait does not equip automatically.

This means that if you go through in one shot and claim T6 on all 12 reputations then every trait that is not Personal Ground, Personal Space, or a Starship Trait will be unslotted leaving you with no traits selected.

Don't forget after claiming your T6 Reputations to re-slot all your traits.

If you don't remember what traits you use, make note of them before claiming T6. The trait is only replaced after you run the 5 mark project to Claim T6. You have until that time to make note of your current traits.
Insert witty signature line here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    God yep, thanks Sea!

Stupid me had the borg rep of my main finished a day early suddenly missing out that resurrection clicky when I needed it for a team-mate in PvE.

Okay… 15x12 traits to re-slot on my character group today. I can do that! :(
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Claiming T6 also has a nasty habit of making your skill tree go "invalid", if you don't know or don't have screenies of your skill tree then you might want to wait until after maintenance before claiming T6.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Okay… 15x12 traits to re-slot on my character group today. I can do that! :(

Yeah, I just did it on 8 characters.. it sucked, but at least it's not 15. :lol:

bejaymac wrote: »
    Claiming T6 also has a nasty habit of making your skill tree go "invalid", if you don't know or don't have screenies of your skill tree then you might want to wait until after maintenance before claiming T6.

I have heard this as well, luckily that didn't happen on any of my characters.

A fix for this is going in today, so might be best for people to wait until after maintenance to claim their T6 reps just to be safe.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    A fix for this is going in today, so might be best for people to wait until after maintenance to claim their T6 reps just to be safe.
    And here I was hoping that was going to be good for 12 free respecs per toon. Cryptic always fixes the good bugs fast.
    Hm, I’m confused. :/

Does “invalid” for the skill-tree as a result of the T6 rep trait bug (which is patched today) mean that skills are just gone from tree or that they don’t apply properly?

animated.gif

Does “invalid” for the skill-tree as a result of the T6 rep trait bug (which is patched today) mean that skills are just gone from tree or that they don’t apply properly?

I have always wondered that myself.

The skills still show slotted in your skill tree, you just have a flashing box that says 'Skills Invalid' until you click on the respec. I don't know if that means your current skills are not being applied or not.

If I understand the fix correctly though, if you see this, the retrain should be free.. so probably best to air on the side of caution and just re-distribute them. This is no doubt a pain for a lot of players that don't remember what they have set up but I have a sneaking suspicion that it would take you about 2 minutes. :lol:
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Don't know about this particular instance since I haven't done T6 yet, but historically the "skills invalid" error hasn't usually meant there was actually anything wrong with the skills, just that the system somehow thought there was something wrong and demanded a respec. Or, in other words, gave you a free respec for no particular reason.
    edited November 2018
    Thanks a bunch for the reply @seaofsorrows and @warpangle

Truth of the matter is that I managed to outsource the activity to slot and fill 4320 reputation projects on my account from my brain to the spinal cord the past month. Only option not to quit the game instead.

I’m fairly certain that on some toons singular reputs arrived at T6 yesterday and the day b4 for some reason (probably gear bought or elite mark trade in).

Now if I just see that “invalid skill notification” I take it all is fine and good and I just respect those; would just be a mega mess if I don’t and need to sort out which of my 12 toons have this issue. :(
    animated.gif
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I tested this on Tribble last night: Does not work on Tribble. At least, not on my characters.

So, don't worry......IF your characters respond the same as mine did on Tribble, you will still have access to the unlimited, free for all respecs. LOL!

+++++++++++++++++++++

I wrote about it over on the Tribble patch notes thread.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245041/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-11-7-18

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The invalid is probably triggered by the same thing that does it when a recruitment ends.
    edited November 2018
    Well, except it will be permanently in the invalid state...until Cryptic can figure out where the program is hanging up. So, this is to the player's benefit, until it is fixed.

Or they could just do what everyone has been asking for them to do for a long time: get rid of pay for respecs.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Not sure what triggers it, but none of my 8 characters received the invalid skills bug.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Yeah, I noticed that. Not only are the Traits getting unslotted, and the 'clickies' removed from your current tray, but also from EVERY loadout you have, everywhere, for every ship.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    And this is different than the random times the game unslots all your traits for no reason? ;)
    And this is different than the random times the game unslots all your traits for no reason? ;)

Yes. Rank 1 (the old version of the trait) remains in the Active slot, but is no longer working.

Rank 2 (the upgrade of same trait that comes with Tier 6 of Reputation) does not automatically take over and must be manually placed into the Active slots.

BTW....I just tested another change ... Invalid Skill Tree/Retrain issue is clear on Tribble. It was a toggle switch in the program, does not need a patch to change. So check your characters, again.

This discussion has been closed.