test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help Out on New Romulus missions removed?

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
Not sure if this is a bug but I damn well hope so. All the Help Out on New Romulus missions have been removed apart from Staging Area. The are nowhere to be found in the journal and talking to the person at the various points who used to grant gives no option to pick them up either.

You said you were halving the requirements for completing them, not that you intended to remove all but one from the game. And you did this just before a double dil weekend? Nice going guys. You've literally destroyed or removed all options to earn dil in the game that doesn't involve TFOs or mining claims and I'm really not too sure about the latter, shall I assume that was the plan all along? If so, why on earth not just be forthright about it.

I like the new Random TFO system but I prefer to do more with my time in the game than run TFOs back to back on dil weekend, but you pretty much removed all other options. Battlezones are bugged into being unplayable - no boffs on Dyson ground ect - and you've removed these missions too.
Guess I'll skip this weekend then.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @ilithyn , Under your mission journals available tab. Do you see the contacts Nael, Lieutenant Ethara, and Subcommander Avran?
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @chrian#9670
    Though it makes little sense for them to be there since Staging Area is under the New Romulus missions tab proper - it is there right after the non-repeatable New Romulus Aid mission - I did check just in case you decided to move all but one of these. Then I checked once more very slowly and very carefully in Available just to be absolutely 100% certain that I didn't miss anything. They weren't there.
    After I had done that, I went to each single location on New Romulus and talked to the NPC who used to grant the mission. Even Foreman Kylor no longer grants his mission, you have to pick it up from the mission journal.

For the record I have done everything on this toon, up to and including the last Gamma mission. But even if I hadn't that should not as I understand it prevent these missions from appearing in my mission journal, it should just leave me without the option of hailing them.

Further measures taken:
    First skipped, then completed the Romulan TFO mission (Complete TFO Romulan Mine Field) to see if that made anything appear, but no dice there.
    Then completely exited then reentered the game to see if that made something appear. No luck here either.

For the record, this is true of all the Aid New Romulus missions except Staging Area. That is, The Atlai, Vastam Peaks, Paethos Crater and Hwael Ruins no longer have their Aid missions available anywhere. I have no idea how the Epohh Fields are looking because I didn't do that part before these changes so I have no ground of comparison.
    All of this was on a normal Fed captain (human, tac). Jumped on my KDF (Orion, eng). Same problem, same actions take, same (lack) of result. The Aid missions on New Romulus except for Staging Area - which now can only be picked up via the journal mission and no longer through Foreman Kylor - are no longer available in the game.
    Post edited by ilithyn on
    @ilithyn , Have you already cleared/skipped all the episodes of the previous arcs since the Age of Discovery Drop?
    edited October 2018
    @chrian#9670 You're telling me I have to tediously go through the missions journal on each of my toons and skip/clear every single of your TFO wrapper missions?
    Ye gawds. There are definitely toons that are never seeing play again apart from doing administrative stuff then, because I'm doing enough book keeping in this game as it is.

Though yes, I did. On this one toon. She's my main, she was the first I jumped on after AoD dropped and it was the only way I could get Quinn to shut up and stop auto hailing me. Though on the next toon I just settled for turning auto hail off or I'd have lost my mind.
    I just checked to make sure everything is either skipped or completed and there's nothing. I completed the "The Galaxy at Large" mission since it meant taking five steps into Quinn's office and talking to him, all the TFO wrapper missions I skipped.
    So no, it's not that which is the cause either.
    I even exited then reentered the game just to make sure that my toon had properly updated since the game is funny like this some times.

If I can summon up the energy I'm going to try and complete everyone of those TFO wrappers just to see if there's a difference between skipping and completing. I mean, there shouldn't be, but spaghetti code isn't always logical.
    I'll let you know the result when/if I'm done.
    Post edited by ilithyn on
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Just adding a small note. Those who were already doing the missions can simply skip (and maybe also accept just in case TFO's and galaxy at large) - don't worry.

It's a hassle, yes (this is not a post to support this decision) but it doesn't really require doing quests "for skipping purposes" for those who already have done those. (TFO though may be a requirement for line's reward, but Klingon's War line, for example, become shorter for line reward's purposes.)
    Just adding a small note. Those who were already doing the missions can simply skip (and maybe also accept just in case TFO's and galaxy at large) - don't worry.

It's a hassle, yes (this is not a post to support this decision) but it doesn't really require doing quests "for skipping purposes" for those who already have done those. (TFO though may be a requirement for line's reward, but Klingon's War line, for example, become shorter for line reward's purposes.)

And that has what to do with anything?
    @chrian#9670

Just ran all the proper TFOs and completed. Every. Single. One. Of those TFO wrapper missions. No dice. Still no Aid New Romulus. Apart from Staging Area which is still where it always were under New Romulus missions. Not under the mission/episode tab. Not under Available. Nor when I went to New Romulus and talked to the proper NPCs.
    Nothing.

They're gone. You managed to lose them somewhere.
    ilithyn wrote: »

And that has what to do with anything?

It had to encourage you and others that the blocking missions, once done, are not had to be done again.

As said I do NOT support the decision to make us having to skip, to unlock again what unlocked, or to have new/changed contents (inserted in the middle) blocking old already achieved ones. Just tried to be polite and to not go TOO off topic hence said gently what I said.

Note: I tried to help. I am different so sometimes may understand/express wrongly, or get more off topic and less eloquent more than others, but I do try.
    Hello @ilithyn What is the name of the character you are experiencing this on?
    edited October 2018
    @chrian#9670
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say 'all of them'. I just spend some time doing the tedious administration thing and either skipping or completing everything between the first mission and the New Romulus stuff - New Rom TFO mission included - on several toons and they all have this issue. I haven't checked everyone but it appears to be an account wide issue that transcends race, career, factions and alignments.
    But I'll send you my @handle and character names in a PM in a moment. I don't like posting that kind of info publicly as it has in the past lead to a flood of gold sellers and other disreputable beings in my in-game mail. For obvious reasons I'd rather not repeat that.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    It isn't just on the OP's character. It appears to be a game-wide bug. I, myself, and others I have chatted with online, are also missing the same NR assignments as the OP.
    It isn't just on the OP's character. It appears to be a game-wide bug. I, myself, and others I have chatted with online, are also missing the same NR assignments as the OP.

@oldravenman3025
    Thank you! I was beginning to think it was me who was going nuts

Not that I am pleased that anyone has lost their access to the missions but because so far it's been difficult to have anyone believe me when I said they were gone gone even though I've completed or hailed and skipped all missions - including wrapper missions and hand over missions - between the beginning and New Romulus on multiple toons now.
    And judging by another thread Installation 18 is suffering from the same issue of being awol. Section 31 guy was supposed to offer it in the Available tab, but doesn't no matter how much you complete or skip stuff.
    edited October 2018
    Yes, I now know what you meant (and sorry for my irrelevant post before - due to a misunderstanding I related to the dev's suggestion regrading skipping thinking it applied to your post, I apologize for that)

I just add I have the same issue on my chars - but I didn't actually do the TFO so no idea if anything else becomes available by doing that
    Missing mission same as you noted, the non mandatory "gathering" (advancing percents' areas reputation previous daily) missions at atlai, ruins and phaos (the epoh missions was given by civil and this I didn't try) - will try again to look what exactly missing. Note you added the reputation related ones to the line, along with a TFO, hence you may have noticed a decrease in number of missions on that line.

<pending edit to make things more accurate regarding the details but already posting that my chars have same issue - all AFAIK>

*feeding an edit monster just in case

P.S. and less relevant, and not relevant to the OP only to the line itself (you may not read bellow if you like)
    like others said, some missions are to be take together (rep+ matching instance, rep mission comes after the matching instance), it's a shame (if) you MIGHT have to skip/do twice in order to do so. Though I am unsure yet how this goes and if it still cojugated with rep tier (I think yes)
    Yes, I now know what you meant (and sorry for my irrelevant post before - due to a misunderstanding I related to the dev's suggestion regrading skipping thinking it applied to your post, I apologize for that)

I just add I have the same issue on my chars - but I didn't actually do the TFO so no idea if anything else becomes available by doing that
    Missing mission same as you noted, the non mandatory "gathering" (advancing percents' areas reputation previous daily) missions at atlai, ruins and phaos (the epoh missions was given by civil and this I didn't try) - will try again to look what exactly missing. Note you added the reputation related ones to the line, along with a TFO, hence you may have noticed a decrease in number of missions on that line.

<pending edit to make things more accurate regarding the details but already posting that my chars have same issue - all AFAIK>

*feeding an edit monster just in case

P.S. and less relevant, and not relevant to the OP only to the line itself (you may not read bellow if you like)
    like others said, some missions are to be take together (rep+ matching instance, rep mission comes after the matching instance), it's a shame (if) you MIGHT have to skip/do twice in order to do so. Though I am unsure yet how this goes and if it still cojugated with rep tier (I think yes)

@rndflactuation sorry I was so short with you before, I just had the feeling that no one was taking this seriously and it was dismissed as an Error 40. When I've done everything asked and even gone beyond that, that tends to make me a wee bit snappish with people. I apologize.

Well with everything in the mission journal proper hailing and then skipping is enough for the next part to become available. And from the one toon I've done it on actually doing a TFO and completing the mission makes absolutely no difference, they're still missing.

Installation 18, which should appear under Franklin Drake in the Available tab, seems to suffer from this same issue and be awol currently for a lot of us. You may want to check if you have that one, because so far everyone who's missing the Aid New Rom missions are missing Installation 18 too.
    But yeah, I too noticed that there now seem to be two instances of each rep mission. I've yet to get to the rep part on my Disco toon and the Delta recruit I made in the spring, but I'm kinda dreading how that's going to turn out once I get there. I like some of those missions, but I do not necessarily want to run them twice back to back just to complete a rep :/
    No problem, I understand this OFC in many ways. And yes, luckily all my deltas and AoYs did installation 18 quest and took the probe there and also account-wide unlocked the line at least once for both delta and AoY.
    However they can't play installation 18 indeed, (can play the other 3 repeatable mission in this line though) though I haven't checked yet what happens if I play "sequentially" the repeatable wasteland quests, and not all relevant characters had the whole line done before AoD since I was in a hurry to finish this potentially problematic mission (probe) before AoD hits.

Will verify later again on my AoY char and some older chars I have - I think they can't replay it as well despite finishing the whole line long before AoD though. So it allegedly applies to all my chars indeed (I can't comment on AoD chars or chars from after expansion though)
    BTW, as for the reputation, *IF* you don't get automatically the matching quest before you enter the instance for the 1st time, and you need the reputation quest then, and you don't want to do it twice (after you already got the matching tier and wanting to go to the instance for it) THEN you can get the instance quest, skip it and take the next quest together with it. But I didn't like this being so and wasn't sure how it behaves once I've got the right tier for an instance provided I did the relevant quests before it.
    There used to be another known issue with tier 5 and those who had secrets of the ancients quest from before AoD and undone before AoD, but it was or will be fixed and solved for any char so it's fine for any char which will achieve tier 5 and will be fine for all. This is not the issue I related to here, just to clarify. It's more regarding the order of the mission and possible duplicity if not skipped, which may, or may not, cause a hassle in the future - I don't know.
    Yes, quests are missing for me too despite me skipping (all skippable) and accepting (all TFO) and doing galaxy at large too.
    Another off topic yet relating to what you said a bit:
    I had some of my lines locked despite being unlocked before AoD, and now it's not locked anymore (due to skip/accept only - which I noticed near 1st login time - there was no need to do other quest for that as already done the blockable before AoD) and instructions didn't mention not having to do those blocking (and sometimes non repeatable even) quests again, which scared out some people etc, so this is what I meant, but it was not relevant at all to your post, then.
    But I agree with you in general here - I didn't like it too. I did like it though that a low level delta could open her progress and wasn't blocked anymore despite me fearing it will, independently of level. It also helped some people who were stuck or who wanted to explore/get specific quest etc or avoid some other hassle on alts.
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Don't mean to step on any toes here, but IMPO, I'm SO GLAD those other missions were removed. I got to the point that i HATED doing the NR story arc. it was rather long after the first tme. now I could just go through and be done with it.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I too do not have the rom missions yalls are talking about, nor was I able to do installation 18 either. All my other chars do have installation 18 in their available tab though. But they had completed it prior to age of discovery.

Regarding having to repeat mission to get the old rep mission, all you need to do is before leaving the instance complete the mission by clicking on the box that appears, if you have auto hail on you will auto get the old rep mission and can complete it while you are still in the instance. If auto hail is off you can simply go into your mission journal and pick it up and complete it. I verified that this can be done on my char.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
    roman1229 wrote: »
    Don't mean to step on any toes here, but IMPO, I'm SO GLAD those other missions were removed. I got to the point that i HATED doing the NR story arc. it was rather long after the first tme. now I could just go through and be done with it.

The New Romulus missions shouldn't have become part of the episode arc to begin with. It was originally an adventure zone that you gained access to at Level 50. It should have remained that way.

roman1229 wrote: »

The New Romulus missions shouldn't have become part of the episode arc to begin with. It was originally an adventure zone that you gained access to at Level 50. It should have remained that way.

Oh I agree and I don't mind these missions being moved to the "optional" tab. Heck there are several missions out there still that I'd love to see moved from obligatory to optional, but that's neither here nor there.
    But I do object to them being gone as I rather liked doing them and I've yet to see anyone acknowledge that they're actually gone. I've seen the acknowledgement for Installation 18, but not for these. In fact the acknowledgement for Installation 18 made it sound like it was the only mission missing from the Available tab, making me wonder if these missions were sneak removed.
    @chrian#9670
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Chiming in on this one, no NR adventure zone tasks are available for FED, KDF, ROM (besides Staging Area, which is part of the arc.) My DSC character on the other hand does have them.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited October 2018
    Yes, turns out I have this too.
    I don't want to be locked out of those missions just because the game might not like the order or timing I did those or having done those before auto hail some or before reputations are at 5 or some other "magic" (not really magic ofc) or just because something broke totally for old or non AoD chars/some factions or something,

Game became too complicated by your simplification, IMHO.
    (BTW touching adventure zones and lines (inserting/removing) ONE WAY OR ANOTHER is known to be prone to break things. I thought you learned that already.)

Sorry for tone/rant, I am tired from having things messed up and trying to do a work which I didn't initially desired to
    Such as - help my chars rushing to complete things (some specific lines/probes) ahead before AoD hits or verify after AoD nothing is broken or discover things which ARE, (installation 18 - luckily I have the quest and probe on my AoY/delta, NR ~3 missions - that's for sure, and possibly alert site to site transportation - will check this later too,) making TFO which I don't want in trying to complete lines or fix things possibly (while I had more bugs than not to even join any queue I want with friends now as we were less than 5) with chars without any setup/bad setup not used for those or for queues or for space queues etc,

and wondering about unlucky delta/AoY chars which may have probes still needed for recruits POSSIBLY scattered (spectres? second wave bunch too beside cardasian for AoY probes? possibly some klingon's probes?) or sometimes possibly gone (wasteland's probe at installation 18? possibly some other parts of old klingon's?), with quests/probes requirements not always clear anymore. and a full wrapper is also needed (breen for example - though no problems in this line for a change, and maybe spectres/wasteland) and recruits must look for,
    just because you streamlined things.

The issue of missing missions in NR, described by the OP, is REAL and doesn't only affect the OP. face it.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Having similar issues with the NR zone missions. On my AOD toon I was able to do all of them once, just by completing the Staging Area from the Episode list and then walking around to find the mission givers for the others and pick them up manually. I did one area each day so as to maximise rewards, but now I've found that after doing them all once it appears these missions are no longer daily repeatable like they were in the past... that seems like a bug to me. I simply can't pick any of them up again to do on this toon, with the exception of collecting Epohh tags.

Also, my Jem'Hadar toon simply can't do any of them, the missions just don't exist to pick up in the first place.
    Haven't tested with any of my older Fed toons yet, but I will try taking on of them over and see if they can still pick them up or not.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited November 2018
    updating that after some mess I did (NOT recommended :P char had some temporary troubles due to this) I've eventually "somehow" got new missions in available tab for my level 47 fed new delta which had finished the NR line before (but not T5 and as said was not 65, though did got/done/skipped all TFOs)
    This didn't go for my other delta, 65 kdf new delta though. I hadn't test on other char.

P.S.
    BTW, no, Nimbus patch didn't fully solved nimbus repeatability issue for some chars, just noting. I do think some things were changed a bit for nimbus/NR with that patch, and I think cold war wrapper had possibly a regression for level 65 chars though even with pres filled. Those are non accurate impressions with a faulty memory.
    edited November 2018
    Chiming in on this one, no NR adventure zone tasks are available for FED, KDF, ROM (besides Staging Area, which is part of the arc.) My DSC character on the other hand does have them.

My Discovery character also had them. Played them once, never got them again since. Same deal on a 25th Century science character I had rolled before AoD came online. The missions appeared in the "Available" tab when she hit Level 47, ran them once, they never popped back up again since.

And now, the Beta Quadrant dailies (Hail Sh'mar, Defense Contract, Traelus Satellite Repair) are not repeatable after running them once on a Discovery character. My "new" 25c character can't even get them at all, from either the quest giver, prompt, or available tab. And my older characters cannot replay them.

This is getting annoying as all hell. But, hey. No biggie since they seem to be aiming to change the game from STO to TFO Online. Adventure zones and dailies must be perceived as being competition to the metrics goal they are shooting for in the PvE queues. Probably why they screwed up the leveling process by locking Spectres, 2800, and Breen arcs behind the Level 65 wall. I had to run a bunch of patrol missions to finish getting the aforementioned science character to Level 50 (so I could get the historian Doff assignment on New Romulus for accolades, which is locked until you hit Level 50, despite now being able to play the content before 50).

I haven't tried the Deferi dailies yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were unplayable anymore, or a one time play and no replay.

Streamlining is fine. But we're getting more than we bargained for here.