test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Battle at the Binary Stars

13567

Comments

  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Only good thing about these 14 day events are the wealth of Rep mark you can put towards a project.
    Also what is the sense of Federation working towards a KDF themed reward ? I would like to see the Post Iconian War universe explored rather than have Discovery stuff forced down peoples throats just because session 2 was coming out.
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I agree. I like the "game" timeline much more then dwelling on the past history.
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 7,271 Arc User
    I am always happy to see more content so I'll certainly give this a try.

    As for the cosmetic change, I am good with it.. I play a different looking ship for a couple min? not a big deal.. it's not like it's permanent. And to those that can't deal with it, cool.. just don't bother with it. Not like there is anything here that's 'must have,' just skip it.

    I'm looking forward to it.. I hope it has an Elite Version!
    wDYkQHL.jpg

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
  • thunderfoot006thunderfoot006 Member Posts: 4,063 Arc User
    No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.

    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.
    Image4.png
  • kettlakettla Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    "I'm Klingon, why am I fighting on the Fed's side?".

    Exactly.
    giphy.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 7,271 Arc User
    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    nailed-it.jpg
    wDYkQHL.jpg

    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
  • loucostaloucosta Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    14 day run right on Q's door step which is another 14 day......great...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 871 Arc User
    > @thunderfoot006 said:
    > No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.
    >
    > Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    What about the rest us that were lucky enough or paid to fly a Disco ship already? Why can't I fly using my walker class
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,091 Arc User
    loucosta wrote: »
    14 day run right on Q's door step which is another 14 day......great...

    Q? You mean the Winter Event? That's not a 14 day event.

    It's a 25 day event over about a 6 week stretch.

    :p

    Kidding aside, I get what you're saying though. This time of year we know that the Winter Event is just around the corner, and I don't think this is the first time they've had one of these 14 days out of 3 weeks type events before it. Perhaps not this close to it, but... meh, it is what it is.

    Since all I need to do is get the 14 tokens on one alt to unlock the shiny for my account, I can live with it. I don't care for the holo-disguise idea around it though, from a purely technical view. As others have said, it's when they do things like this that things break. Remember "The Renegade's Regret" and how becoming Neth Parr broke players trays for a while? THAT'S what has me worried the most, is something similar happening for this.

    Guess we'll see what happens soon enough.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • patrickngopatrickngo Member Posts: 9,813 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

    but hey, it's all fine right? We're all just toadies to Starfleet anyway.

    Yup, get in line for your badges and tasteful interior décor. Carpets will be installed on Tuesday.

    "Tasteful" in the sense that it looks like the interior of an overpriced hourly motel, maybe.
    whatever.

  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 3,198 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Why can't we be on the winning side of the battle
    because there wasn't one, it was a draw with neither side getting the victory.

    Actually no, the Klingons could have destroyed the Fed fleet completely. They even said they were leaving some alive to tell others what happened here, and to make them realize that resisting the Klingon Empire would only end in death.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 3,198 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.

    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    usually the missions where they change your ship have a plot point in that respect (IE you're actually going back in time, or performing a Spy Mission, etc.) Here is just another holograpjhic battle simulation; and since they are LEAVING your loadout and other abilities intact - really what's the point of holographically changing you ship here?

    If it's that "it needs to be accurate"; why not just give you a ship with a set loadout like they have for many a mission as well? Either go in whole hog and give us a pre-configured ship, or lets us fly what we like, looks and all, is all I'm saying. There's no logical 'story' reason to do what they're doing here.

    It's also hilarious and somewhat ridiculous that Klingon faction players HAVE to also fight on the Federation side in this encounter.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 666 Arc User
    A little disappointed that I won't be able to bring my Kelvin Constitution to the Battle of the Binary Stars, was really looking forward to that, but it does look like fun all the same.

    What are the classes of ships we'll be able to pose as? There were quite a few different classes to choose from in the episodes. I know the Malachowski, Shepard, Engle, Walker, Crossfield and Europa (last two not really appropriate for the battle in large numbers or any numbers for the Crossfield) are all in game already, but will the others be present as well, like the Hoover and Magee-classes?

    There shouldn't be any Crossfield ships at all. The were not in service yet.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 1,960 Arc User
    No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.

    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    usually the missions where they change your ship have a plot point in that respect (IE you're actually going back in time, or performing a Spy Mission, etc.) Here is just another holograpjhic battle simulation; and since they are LEAVING your loadout and other abilities intact - really what's the point of holographically changing you ship here?

    If it's that "it needs to be accurate"; why not just give you a ship with a set loadout like they have for many a mission as well? Either go in whole hog and give us a pre-configured ship, or lets us fly what we like, looks and all, is all I'm saying. There's no logical 'story' reason to do what they're doing here.

    It's also hilarious and somewhat ridiculous that Klingon faction players HAVE to also fight on the Federation side in this encounter.

    They'd have to make two versions otherwise. One for Fed and Fed-aligned characters to play as and one for Klingon and Klingon-aligned characters. It's easier for them just to have one thing that's cross-faction. What they were going for was having a simulation that you go as historically accurate as possible as far as looks. Weapons? You can use anything else as long as you look like a battle of the binary stars ship.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 5,810 Arc User
    Yeah, why not make two versions? One for Fed & allies and one for KDF & allies?
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 1,960 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yeah, why not make two versions? One for Fed & allies and one for KDF & allies?

    Probably because they don't have time to do it.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.

    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    usually the missions where they change your ship have a plot point in that respect (IE you're actually going back in time, or performing a Spy Mission, etc.) Here is just another holograpjhic battle simulation; and since they are LEAVING your loadout and other abilities intact - really what's the point of holographically changing you ship here?

    If it's that "it needs to be accurate"; why not just give you a ship with a set loadout like they have for many a mission as well? Either go in whole hog and give us a pre-configured ship, or lets us fly what we like, looks and all, is all I'm saying. There's no logical 'story' reason to do what they're doing here.

    It's also hilarious and somewhat ridiculous that Klingon faction players HAVE to also fight on the Federation side in this encounter.

    They'd have to make two versions otherwise. One for Fed and Fed-aligned characters to play as and one for Klingon and Klingon-aligned characters. It's easier for them just to have one thing that's cross-faction. What they were going for was having a simulation that you go as historically accurate as possible as far as looks. Weapons? You can use anything else as long as you look like a battle of the binary stars ship.


    Its not a faction game at all now it's either Fed or nothing as KDF have had no klingon only storylines for years and even Legacy of Romulus started of with faction only episodes then we have Jem Hadar and AOY toons who have a handful of missions before joining the fed storyline and AOD toons who had 3 missions before being flung into the future.

    It has got to the point now that unless you are fed the only content you get is a small amount of ships but forget about other faction only content. It had got to the point where I only log onto those other toons just to do my doff missions and earn dil. I really miss when they had story content for FED KDF and Romulans as this will never happen again
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,541 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yeah, why not make two versions? One for Fed & allies and one for KDF & allies?

    Probably because they don't have time to do it.

    It would also fragment the population between those two groups, resulting in longer wait times both ways but disproportionally for the KDF.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.

    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    I am using my Jem'Hadar because nothing can go wonky on a character with one ship and one shuttle...ALL of which is the default ship with default set up on everything.

    So...no missing gear, no missing traits, no reseating of specific DOFFs or BOFFs, barely has an inventory of anything....it is all default and nothing added to the mix.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,091 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yeah, why not make two versions? One for Fed & allies and one for KDF & allies?

    Probably because they don't have time to do it.

    It would also fragment the population between those two groups, resulting in longer wait times both ways but disproportionally for the KDF.

    Yup, think of it like the Fleet Alert queues. Wanna run one as a Fed? Queue up and wait maybe 5 minutes.

    Wanna run one KDF side, queue up and wait. And wait. And get bored and go run a mission. Or 2 or 3.

    I sat waiting for one long enough that when it finally popped, it actually scared me because I'd forgotten I'd even queued for it. Of course I clicked accept and then others decided they didn't really want to play something they queued for and declined. Haven't tried to do KDF Fleet Alert since.

    It would be nice if the KDF got its own content from time to time, but I don't see it happening. Include everyone, or no one gets anything seems to be the mantra these days.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,436 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Yeah, why not make two versions? One for Fed & allies and one for KDF & allies?

    Working with the KDF may be a necessary evil, call it a bit of friendly competition who can purge the most enemies
    aBR1E4O.png
    I.S.S. Harbinger
    "The Harbinger of doom, Long Live the Empire"



  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 6,721 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Blog's been updated with some new and changed info.
    Can we get "Bacons of Kahless" next April Fool's Day? ;)

    Are those related to Targs?

    I vote for a summon targs kit module.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tomilaktomilak Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Hopefully it works better than Sompak. I can actually get this one if it does.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,244 Arc User
    The new summon item would have to be pretty special to outshine the swarmers which will happily abuse kinetic damage being wonky til the stars die off.

    And don't mind the ship visual changing all that much as long as it doesn't trigger the unslotting of traits the way most of the other forced ship or character changes do.

    2018 should have been remembered as the year VIL arrived instead its the year event overload began. Just a little concerned about the implications of this being first featured TFO as that could mean less missions and soloable content in favour more reliance on group queues.
  • kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Just need to do an arc, we're all Alliance/Galatic Union now, can cross faction queue now, talk, etc.
    sE8rUC0.jpg
    T6 Cooperative Tactical Dreadnought ~ Mirror Universe Borg Queen Leeta
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Only good thing about these 14 day events are the wealth of Rep mark you can put towards a project.
    Also what is the sense of Federation working towards a KDF themed reward ? I would like to see the Post Iconian War universe explored rather than have Discovery stuff forced down peoples throats just because session 2 was coming out.
    9:08AM
    I agree. I like the "game" timeline much more then dwelling on the past history.


    As Examples,
    *The state of the Dominion following the death of the Founder in "Victory is Life"
    *Other factions making a power play due to the weakened Dominion
    *The fallout of the Tzenkethi's manipulation by the founder



  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7,158 Arc User
    No one minded using a D7 hologram disguise for that one mission. No one minded using a Vaadwaur hologram disguise for that one mission. Now, some people are all upset because pwe/cryptic is having us do exactly the same thing we've done before.

    Oh, wait a minute. I just figured it out. Because Discovery. And we have to publicly hate on Discovery because all the hipsters and gatekeeper fans tell us to.

    You say no one...and yet those are some of my most hated missions specifically because I don't get to look at my pretty ship in those missions. The only ones worse are the ones where you don't even get your ship stats and have to use the abominations they make for you. The reason you don't see too much ragging on missions with visual switch is because people rage much harder at the much worse switch your entire ship more. Does not mean that we don't hate the visual changes.
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 5,766 Arc User
    *The state of the Dominion following the death of the Founder in "Victory is Life"
    They became part of the Alliance, and began a long series of changes to remove/undo many of their worst practices.
    *Other factions making a power play due to the weakened Dominion
    There are no other major factions in the GQ besides the Dominion and the Hur'q.
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    *The state of the Dominion following the death of the Founder in "Victory is Life"
    They became part of the Alliance, and began a long series of changes to remove/undo many of their worst practices.
    *Other factions making a power play due to the weakened Dominion
    There are no other major factions in the GQ besides the Dominion and the Hur'q.

    It doesn't need to be a Gamma Quadrant Faction, as it's quite publicly said that the Dominion has been severely weakened... so anyone with access to the Wormhole can make a play for it. The Orion Syndicate, for instance. The Ferengi... The True Way... Splinter groups of the Klingons, The Tal Shiar... The Kazon, the Undine... The Borg, Mirror Universe Leeta... the Bluegills...also for factions in the Gamma Quadrant, it doesn't need to be a major faction, just needs someone with enough firepower to bully a now no longer defended Dominion World to start a feeding frenzy in there.
    The only thing stopping that feeding frenzy between various small factions was the massive amount of Jem'Hadar and the huge fleets the Dominion could bring to bear... which got eaten by the Hur'q. Who then would go back into hibernation after they fed, since that's their cycle of life.

    As for the Battle of the Binary Stars, I'm just waiting for the holographic disguises placed on the ships for this event to glitch and become the permanent appearance until you get a GM to fix it. Per character. Per ship used.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    I like the way my Bug ship flies and moves around....I don't want to end up in some wonky big TRIBBLE ship.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.