test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State checking, or, why should I get a leaver penalty for your broken mission?

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Because I am apparently ignorant, can someone please explain to me why a function cannot be added to ALL QUEUES (since MANY queues enjoy certain similar bugs) whereby a check would be performed periodically (say, once per minute) to determine if:

Mobs have recently spawned, or
There are actually mobs on the map, or
Any player has dealt or received damage from any source, or
Players have actually moved from their locations, or
Players have not completed a mission step and thereby triggered a function to analyze the map's condition, or
The chatbox is full of imprecations or repeated use of the words "broken", "bugged", or similar concepts;

where if such checks reveal something amiss in the queue's conditions, corrections to the queue's progress can be applied or AT THE VERY LEAST the leaver penalty can at least be waived??

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    This is the second time I've heard someone get a leaver penalty when they were one of the last 2 to leave. Normally that shouldn't happen. Last two get a free pass.

Starting to sound like we got bugs in the STF system that need to be addressed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    This is the second time I've heard someone get a leaver penalty when they were one of the last 2 to leave. Normally that shouldn't happen. Last two get a free pass.

My wife got one yesterday when she was literally the last person to leave, after waiting half an hour for another similarly stubborn person to leave.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    This is sounding like a bug, so I'm moving this to the Bug Subforum.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Are you certain the players all left and didn't simply log out? Logging out removes you from the map and the team list, but you are still technically still in the instance. I had a bugged Sompek where someone logged out after a couple of minutes of no mobs, but then logged back in about 5 minutes later and ended up sitting there with the rest of us. None of us wanted the leaver penalty.

I'm guessing some folks may log out to fake leaving and are essentially tricking others into leaving so the late leavers get hit with the penalty. Then the person who logged out can come back, be put back into the instance and then leave without penalty, if it's still running. It's a gamble.

If you get booted or log, but are able to log back in while the instance is still running, you will get put back into that instance. It was a measure Cryptic put in a few years ago due to server instability. It used to be if you left a queue no matter the reason, you got the leaver penalty. Now it just puts you back in.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Something has got to be done about the leaver penalty, when a mission glitches and the team is just standing around waiting for the second wave to spawn and it never does. There should never be a penalty for cryptic's error... I don't have a lot of time to play this game. I can't afford to wait 30 minutes.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    What should be done about this issue if it is bugged, players should have the option to leave. Pushing the beam up/wrap out button can display a box to all in the TFO that has these options: Allow player to leave, disban TFO, and Deny. All in TFO have to agree to allow player to leave and/or to disban. If it is agreed by all then no penalty is given. This would fix this issue.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Played an RTFO last night. Swarm on Normal. The Hur'q all went MIA between Phase One and Phase Two. Phase Two never began. Searched the map for that one last Hur'q Swarmer and no joy. So I left. Leaver Penalty be damned. It is only on one char. If pwe/cryptic cannot fix their game so things work as advertised, I suppose that's two hours I can use somewhere else. Away from STO.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Played an RTFO last night. Swarm on Normal. The Hur'q all went MIA between Phase One and Phase Two. Phase Two never began. Searched the map for that one last Hur'q Swarmer and no joy. So I left. Leaver Penalty be damned. It is only on one char. If pwe/cryptic cannot fix their game so things work as advertised, I suppose that's two hours I can use somewhere else. Away from STO.

Leaver penalty is only 30mins. Afk penalty is 2 hours. I know cause I get afk penalties all the time on my fed ship when I get a high dps team, on that char I cant get enough damage to not get it. And yesterday I left a kitomer advanced ground queue because, first everyone wasn't in yet and a noob ran in and started timer, and second because it took 2 minutes to get around the corner from starting area, because the whole team didn't know how to remodulate their weapons and were doing 0 damage. I had to kill everything with my epic tr 116. So I left. I just read a story with my little ones and put them to bed while I waited. So whatever. But it can be annoying so they should do what I suggested in my earlier post.

Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)