test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Battle at the Binary Stars

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    So long as all these summon support devices all share the same cool down... as long as you have one of the other devices, it's pointless to get another one unless your going for visuals. will do it once a week on an account and fuggedaboudit.
    It's not pointless if you use this on new alt toon (and if it will be useable without level restriction - straight from level 1, then it will be even better)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    So long as all these summon support devices all share the same cool down... as long as you have one of the other devices, it's pointless to get another one unless your going for visuals. will do it once a week on an account and fuggedaboudit.
    It's not pointless if you use this on new alt toon (and if it will be useable without level restriction - straight from level 1, then it will be even better)

new alt wouldnt have one of the previous summon devices. for toons that have been around, which would be the vast majority of the players here... unless they all retired due to TRIBBLE withdrawal no real need to grind out another summon device unless you like the idea of Klinks coming to assist.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I wonder if the reference to era-appropriate appearances is strictly in-universe flavor text, as is the case in 'Miner Instabilities' and 'Days of Doom'... and keep in mind both are actual temporal jaunts, as opposed to a simulation. For non-DSC characters, the same thing could be opined for 'Secrets', 'Downfall', and 'The Defense of Starbasae One', what with those missions and TFO being presented to them as simulations.

With respect to the beacon itself: if I understand correctly, it is something that actually exists, briefly, in the world when used (similar to a couple of rep active traits). Should that be the case, I wonder how difficult it would be to add a pair of miniature noncombat pet versions (one space, one ground)...
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Lastly, cool ship that is in the fore front of the 2nd screen shot.

I believe that is the Beacon of Kahless, not a ship. I do agree though, it does look nice.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    How can these ships be a threat? Our weaponry should be superior to theirs. Just send Shon to deal with this crazy Klingon lady.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm...call in Klingon ships??? Hell ya, why not??
    My Jem'Hadar has to do 100 of these things to unlock something for the account...she can do 14 of these.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Oi vey... people complaining about looking like an era appropriate ship...

Different universe ship not era. ;)

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

Except it's the same universe. The only thing that's really different is the visual aesthetics.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Well it's a historical simulation, so era apropiate ships is the way to go… i kinda like te fact that we Will keep the theme… feels more acurate...

gavesman, I'm with you on this one. We had no trouble with Star Trek characters dressing up in historical costumes for holodeck simulations in the TV series/movies. Certainly O'Brien and Bashir fighting The Battle of the Alamo in their current Starfleet issue uniforms would make the whole affair less satisfying from an entertainment and hands on learning experience.

Hello! We're essentially -reenacting a historical ship battle- (think Battle of <insert your favorite> Salamis, Actium, Red Cliffs, Trafalgar, Tsushima, Jutland, the Denmark Strait, Binary Stars, etc. ). Using era appropriate (i.e. 23C) historical 'ship costumes' is required! Heck, I'm going to make my crew wear the Discovery uniforms, just in case they get spaced! :p

If you want to use your existing ship's 26C costume then play Battle of Procyon V, where your ship costume is era appropriate.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Why can't we be on the winning side of the battle
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Blog's been updated with some new and changed info.
    Can we get "Bacons of Kahless" next April Fool's Day? ;)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »

We are part of DC's Losers Company, Discovery Edition.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    Does this also award 50,000 dilithium? Not a deal breaker, just curious. Looking forward to trying it.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Seems redundant for the Discovery Ships :wink:
    Blog's been updated with some new and changed info.
    Can we get "Bacons of Kahless" next April Fool's Day? ;)

Are those related to Targs?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Blog's been updated with some new and changed info.

Wait the date was removed ....So it's not coming on Thursday 8th November anymore?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I like ST: D but I dislike content that forces me to wear a 'costume' over whatever ship I have. IDK why Cryptic is so intent on keeping that particular TF to the aesthetics of the ST: D era.

STO ISN'T canon Star trek - it's a game; and part of the fun is making your ship/uniform look the way you the player captain wants (within limits) - but here we have a situation where that's taken away for honestly no real reason here.

With ALL the other ridiculous visual ship combos they have in game, IDK why they figure they need to make this 'visually canon accurate'.

And knowing Cryptic, I'm sure the costume part will either be buggy or cause problems once its on the server Live.
    Post edited by crypticarmsman on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    It's almost as if the devs want to troll people who don't like S‍T‍D.
  • shaunster5shaunster5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Ugh. Not a fan of multi-week events during November and December. Too much holiday travelling to always get the required 14 days in...
    And knowing Cryptic, I sure the costume part will either be buggy or cause problems once its on the server Live.

this is possibly the biggest issue in the front of my mind...hence using the Jem'Hadar...I don't actually care much about that character.

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

but hey, it's all fine right? We're all just toadies to Starfleet anyway.

Yup, get in line for your badges and tasteful interior décor. Carpets will be installed on Tuesday.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Forced Cosmetics, a disaster of Biblical proportions!!! It is hundred times better having your own ship, you know the one that ends up with forty icons of buffs on it, than getting forced into a ship that has somebody else's equipment, tray, etc. that you have to use.

https://youtu.be/q0POXW4V1_k
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User

Except it's the same universe. The only thing that's really different is the visual aesthetics.

Which is why it's a different universe I don't care what CBS is, this is a different universe and I will do this only to see the discovery ship blow up multiple times
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    because there wasn't one, it was a draw with neither side getting the victory.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    How can these ships be a threat? Our weaponry should be superior to theirs. Just send Shon to deal with this crazy Klingon lady.
    Wouldn't you think the first thing J'ula would do once she realizes she was flung to the future is to get modern weapons and technology. And if you do "secrets" and "downfall" on KDF you'd know there's plently of people willing to help J'ula due to having a bone to pick with J'mpok. then there's the spore gun to consider as well.

As for the sim, they're going for event accuracity (both in and out of universe) rather then technological accuracity
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Well, I guess that answers my question from two weeks ago.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13437188/#Comment_13437188
    frtoaster wrote: »
    "Battle at the Binary Stars" and "Pahvo Dissension": Are these more "collect 14 tokens over two weeks, 15 minutes per day" events? I'm not sure anyone asked for more those, and frankly, I'm getting tired of them. After two weeks of one of those events, I pretty much don't want to do anything else in the game.

While I'm sure these events look great for your metrics, here's the thing you need to understand. I'm sure that if you look at your logs, it must seem that I really like these events, because that's all I seem to do. But I actually don't like them at all. The reason I don't do anything else is because I'm too tired after playing the events. I don't feel like doing anything else while the event is running, and after the event ends, I feel I need a break. For a few weeks after an event, I only log in to do some chores on my characters and to chit-chat with friends. And before long, it's time for the next event. Yes, it's better now, since the rewards are account-unlocks (though I'm still working on old projects on most of my characters). However, these 14-day events still make me less motivated to play the rest of the game. So while I understand the intent of these events is to increase play-time, for me it has the opposite effect, unless the only play-time you care about is the time people spend in events.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
This discussion has been closed.