test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Fleet) Admiral (or whatever awesomely great title) but no command... Playability issues???

2»

Comments

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    > kiralyn wrote: »
    >
    > Would it be nice for them to give us a drop-down menu where we could pick which of the "ranks" we're actually addressed by? Sure. Because, again - they're cosmetic. They don't mean anything in the grand scheme of the game.
    >
    >
    >
    > We already have a drop-down menu where we can pick our title...it's just completely ignored and the game calls us "Admiral" anyway.

Which has been asked to be used more times than I can count. But still won't be done.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    The admiralty system is best left for a phone app along with the duty officers and other tedious clicky stuff. I would like to see being able to call your fleet in for back up much like the distress calls and to make it important to outfit your ships accordingly.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Would it be nice for them to give us a drop-down menu where we could pick which of the "ranks" we're actually addressed by? Sure. Because, again - they're cosmetic. They don't mean anything in the grand scheme of the game.
    We already have a drop-down menu where we can pick our title...

Ah, yeah, the rank names are in that huge list, aren't they. I'd meant one that actually effected the rank you were called (presumably, a separate small menu of just the actual ranks).
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Would it be nice for them to give us a drop-down menu where we could pick which of the "ranks" we're actually addressed by? Sure. Because, again - they're cosmetic. They don't mean anything in the grand scheme of the game.

Ah, yeah, the rank names are in that huge list, aren't they. I'd meant one that actually effected the rank you were called (presumably, a separate small menu of just the actual ranks).
    And what would be the point of that? They should just use the existing one.
    sophlogimo wrote: »

The point would be that the NPC's call you by whatever you choose.
    <sigh> :disappointed:

The point of having a separate menu for it, instead of using the one that's already there.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    And NPCs by their very definition aren't yours to control.

Neither are boffs most of the time.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2018

The point of having a separate menu for it, instead of using the one that's already there.

...so you can have NPCs call you a chosen rank level, without giving up the ability to pick any of the goofy titles for your character's nameplate?

edit: yes, this is going on the assumption that only real ranks would be an option for what NPCs call you in dialogue.

...so you can have NPCs call you a chosen rank level, without giving up the ability to pick any of the goofy titles for your character's nameplate?

edit: yes, this is going on the assumption that only real ranks would be an option for what NPCs call you in dialogue.
    But there is no reason to make such an assumption.

I have bazillion title choices unlocked and want to see them mean something more than a floating text above my head.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    Ok, this thread getting derailed. It was not started to discuss level/rank/titles and changing how that works as that is in the FCT. Please, get back on topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.