test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Impossible endeavour

postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
Well not entirely but currently inaccessible due to the revamped mission structure thats locking out pretty much every mission arcs replay.

Current endeavour is the in future proof arc and while my various characters have done the arc before none of them are allowed to replay because the mission stimulator listed as the contact is greyed out and there's no clicky boxes to replay, hail etc.

Comments

• captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yeah I noticed this as well, I was able to do my Jem'hadar Character at its level of 23 for the Endeavour 'Future Proof' before the DSC update, now I can't due too that I haven't done any missions upto that storyline. I get that they want you to play the game for all the story arcs but if there's going to be an Endeavour that does a Story Arc, then make it available to all levels.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Can you just skip the relevant previous missions, then go back and play them at your leisure?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    In theory, yes.

Before the journal revamp, yes.

Now, the replay option isn't there the contact is shown as mission simulator not whatever npc it was for initial run through and there's no options at all.

Most of my characters are locked this way on both LTS and F2P accounts. Including the one I always run FE's on who only has downfall left to do which is the second of the disco missions they forced an unskippable cutscene onto players for no damn reason.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    You actually have to go back fairly far in the mission sequence and begin playing or skipping. There are also missions you have to redo to get the replay option (if done previously). There are also a some missions that cannot be replayed - usually the intro ones or the new ones that have you do a queue for the "first time."

It took me a while to "catch-up" to where I was in some cases, depending on where I left off.

If you don't play or skip everything relevant before, you won't have any options shown for the mission - or at least that's what I did after a few tries, then finally conceding defeat and just sat down and methodically clicked until the missions I wanted were available.

I'm sure there's a simpler way, but didn't feel like searching. It was tedious.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    I had a similar issue on one of my Feds. One "mission" I had to sit through, was the long winded unskippable introduction to New Romulus Aid cutscene (even though that toon had finished Rom Rep years a go - But it gave me a few mins to go make a coffee so ... )
    And the other was the last mission in the Iconian Arc. Completing those two missions opened up most of the Journal for me (except the very latest Gamma Quadrant missions, which she hasn't reached yet)
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I can't say what the particular problem is, but it's some mission that you haven't done prior to Future Proof in the current arrangement of the mission journal, and if the character is level 65, it isn't one of the handoff missions or the TFO introductions. I know this because all of my characters that were already level 65 and had done all of the missions prior to Future Proof can replay any mission in that arc just fine. None of these have done the TFO missions or the handoff missions, or anything in the Age of Discovery arc, and only a few have even done anything in the Gamma Quadrant arc, so it's definitely something else prior that's blocking you.

The fact that it says Mission Simulator as the contact tells me that you've done the mission before, as that's what it has always said in the journal before you accept a mission for replay that you've already finished.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    PVE missions were added to the missions journal in several places. 5 or 6 I think it was added in, and I bet if you didnt do them thats whats possibly stopping you.