test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If you could make new toon at level 40, would you pvp in 40-49 Qs?

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
edited January 2023 in PvP Gameplay
My thoughts: almost everything that is wrong with pvp goes wrong after level 50. The game up to then plays mostly the same as it did when PVP was at its best. I like my OP gear and traits that I spent lots of effort getting and researching, but we're never getting a PVP patch, so hoping that PVP and the current new hotness will someday coexist is pointless.

So I think the best option for making PVP playable would be just being able to make a character at 40, jump in your Tier 5 of choice, load up a bunch of account bound mk10s, and play the 40-49 pvp Qs for ten levels before remaking the character (and having a new lvl50 PVE alt to put through the grind). You can already start a Jem at 60, so this might be something Cryptic would want to do.

Of course, pvp requires having a population to play with, hence the poll.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

If you could make new toon at level 40, would you pvp in 40-49 Qs? 10 votes

Yes
10%
garaks31 1 vote
No
50%
tunebreakerrob2485cha0tic1afeliseanruinthefun 5 votes
Maybe
40%
patrickngokyle223catvoporakfelderburg 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes
    every level range is good for pvp actually
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    No
    I'm sorry, but I just don't find this idea to be very sustainable. Say I make a toon at level 40, and PvP for a bit and even enjoy it... now I reach level 50 and then what? At level 50 I'll be rebranded into PvE toon, so what if i liked PvP? Am I forced to make a new character that can also PvP for an extremely limited time?
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    Am I forced to make a new character that can also PvP for an extremely limited time?

That's what I'd do, if the opportunity existed. Run a character for ten levels, strip their gear, delete, remake, reload the gear on the fresh 40.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I do not think this would work. Too static.
    Once you learn all the ins and outs and tactics and counters...what is left?
    And as it turns out in STO: what is left is just beating up on new players who don't know it yet.

I wish they could get the right balance with this PvE/PvP stuff in this game.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    Maybe
    This was the original idea behind Vanilla PvP. At first I had it as T4 battles, but we quickly realized that sub-50 PvP is bland and limiting, so we moved to restricted T5 ships. Instead of 40-49 PvP characters, I'd rather see a PvP system overhaul with a new lobby where you choose from a select list of ships and build it out with vanilla gear. Basically a VPvP queue type thing.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    That is the one thing about PvP that I have not been able to puzzle out....if everyone has access to all the same stuff....how can it stay interesting for very long? Even with the infusion of newer gear, once in a while, it will end up static.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.