Options

Star Trek Discovery Mirror Uniforms

2»

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Well I have the 25th century midriffs on most of my Terran captains. But honestly I wouldn't be against the more practical ones. You don't have to be showing skin to be sexy or evil. I quite like the armour ones. Although I'd prefer them to be colour coded with ranks. (Gold is nice but I want some red, blue and yellow gold incorporated too.) either that or the imperium 40k tron uniforms in my sig.

Blasphemy!

I hope we get the Empress' guards golden arm pieces /sleeves too.

I am no heretic. I am just-- never mind. I'll report to the agony booth... :/

PS. I want a I.S.S prefix... for the love of our Emperor. I need one! That and some giant earth logos on the hull with a sword impaled upon it. Long live the Empire!

source.gif
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/7t6dvt/any_chance_of_getting_that_sweet_TRIBBLE_terran/

Knew the community manager mentioned it somewhere. Just hope they throw in the I.S.S too along with the new uniforms. It be cool if they added the knife emblems on the hull for a hull metal type for 2000cc but I'd settle for just the prefix.

https://tnn.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Discovery-Despite-Yourself-S01E10-ISS-Discovery.jpg

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    Found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/7t6dvt/any_chance_of_getting_that_sweet_TRIBBLE_terran/

Knew the community manager mentioned it somewhere. Just hope they throw in the I.S.S too along with the new uniforms. It be cool if they added the knife emblems on the hull for a hull metal type for 2000cc but I'd settle for just the prefix.

https://tnn.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Discovery-Despite-Yourself-S01E10-ISS-Discovery.jpg

sweet
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Excellent. Since Mirror ships stopped being the Lockbox 'consolation' ship, I've thought we should be able to purchase Imperial skins and the I.S.S. prefix, so I'm glad to see this for the ships - and the Mirror Discovery uniform too. My Terran character (Starfleet Human, with the various Mirror costume accruments and so forth, Agony phasers, etc.) will be most pleased.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    willi4121977willi4121977 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    When are these uniforms supposed to come in game?
  • Options
    redjacredjacredjacredjac Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I just started watching Star Trek Discovery this week, and man was it a fun binge.

*Spoiler*
    I love those mirror uniforms. Think we will get those?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    One thing is for certain. I don't believe we need yet another thread requesting Mirror Uniforms from Discovery.

Quoted for truth!

pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    borgcymruborgcymru Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Very 'Flash Gordon' and Mingish :)
  • Options
    borgcymruborgcymru Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    bwleon7 wrote: »
    Couldn't really find a chest piece I liked but this is my current version. Still going to play around and try other parts.

qRnbGwh.png

Very Judge Dredd
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    kiralyn wrote: »

Enterprise-era, TOS-era, and TNG-era Mirror is crop tops, midriffs, and latex-catsuit sex-maniac Intendants, but for one brief period in between, they're Power Ranger/Ming the Merciless/40K Imperials? Uh.... :|

From what i've seen from YT, either they are totally retconning everything since ENT.....they are setting the stage for some major Temporal TRIBBLE-up that will result in the Prime Universe we know from TOS onward, or this isn't the Prime Universe at all, but another timeline. Surak and Admiral Hopeless actually recruited the Empress to take Discovery and burn Q'onos for them, there is no way to reconcile that, or the actual war, with TOS which is supposedly ten years down the road. If...if...the Federation survives this war, it'll be nothing like the prosperous and benign Federation we saw in TOS.

Eh, isn't your character Bajoran? lol. Damn it... I don't understand the xenophobia at this time.. well I do..because humans are jackasses... but Discovery has zero aliens in command positions. Like zero alien crew at all. Now Archer was a xeno hater but even his ship at the time before he blew them all up in paranoia had alien crew members. Spock was first officer for crying out loud!

I always imagined the Terran Empire to be a bit more like Genghis Khan's Empire. Or the very least absorb & incorporate conquered worlds into their military and society. You know like: "service guarantees citizenship"? Rewarded for loyalty and on individual merit in-order to become an Imperial citizen of the Empire. Instead of you are filthy xeno scum, die!! Die!! Die!!! Everyone die!!! They would have a slight increase in supporters and a unified empire if they didn't **** off their own populace.

tumblr_mxbrsepkqP1r6m3eno1_500.jpg

Presumably, the combination of 23rd century super-tech being introduced into the Mirror universe a century early, and the constant attempts of the subject races to regain their independence, caused the Empire to decide the security risk presented by subject races outweighed their usefulness and they decided to not use them onboard warships. And you should really stop trying to apply logic to the Mirror Universe, which until TRIBBLE was Stupid Evil played for laughs. As much as I loathe TRIBBLE, I must admit they actually did a pretty good job with the Mirror Universe episodes, their portrayal of the Empire is the closest they've come to a plausible Empire since the Voyager episode you reference in your sig line.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    one should never really try to take too seriously star trek continuity at all ever. Even before ENT it had a history of rewriting the canon every second or third episode
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Presumably, the combination of 23rd century super-tech being introduced into the Mirror universe a century early, and the constant attempts of the subject races to regain their independence, caused the Empire to decide the security risk presented by subject races outweighed their usefulness and they decided to not use them onboard warships. And you should really stop trying to apply logic to the Mirror Universe, which until TRIBBLE was Stupid Evil played for laughs. As much as I loathe TRIBBLE, I must admit they actually did a pretty good job with the Mirror Universe episodes, their portrayal of the Empire is the closest they've come to a plausible Empire since the Voyager episode you reference in your sig line.

Meh, I like applying some logic. After all the Terran Empire is pretty much the Roman Empire in space. Nothing plausible about a Empire being so stupid that it won't use its subjects which at this point should have been absorbed into their society by now.
  • Options
    one should never really try to take too seriously star trek continuity at all ever. Even before ENT it had a history of rewriting the canon every second or third episode

Every show or fiction work always has some sort of inconsistencies/plot holes. Especially when you have more than one creator & writer working on it over the years. That doesn't mean I am going stop reading and overthinking about it. That is part of the fun.

• Options
    rl3058#1716 rl3058 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I really want the Disc mirror universe uniforms in game.
  • Options
    I really want the Disc mirror universe uniforms in game.

They should turn up around January that is when the MU episode arc with Captain Killy is due to appear. I hope they include all the badge medals on the uniforms.

sdcc18-mirrorgal-head.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Yeah ... everything's better when the Mirror Universe is involved! Death to the alien scum!

Eh, isn't your character Bajoran? lol. Damn it... I don't understand the xenophobia at this time.. well I do..because humans are jackasses... but Discovery has zero aliens in command positions. Like zero alien crew at all. Now Archer was a xeno hater but even his ship at the time before he blew them all up in paranoia had alien crew members. Spock was first officer for crying out loud!

I always imagined the Terran Empire to be a bit more like Genghis Khan's Empire. Or the very least absorb & incorporate conquered worlds into their military and society. You know like: "service guarantees citizenship"? Rewarded for loyalty and on individual merit in-order to become an Imperial citizen of the Empire. Instead of you are filthy xeno scum, die!! Die!! Die!!! Everyone die!!! They would have a slight increase in supporters and a unified empire if they didn't TRIBBLE off their own populace.

tumblr_mxbrsepkqP1r6m3eno1_500.jpg

Yeah my main is ... but I HC she's from the pre season 11 (When the Terrans had a yellow hull material) Terran Empire. When they had aliens in their ranks.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They will probably make them available in the Dilitium Store for the bargain basement cost of only 2,000,000 Dilitium per Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

Yeah my main is ... but I HC she's from the pre season 11 (When the Terrans had a yellow hull material) Terran Empire. When they had aliens in their ranks.

comment_XRM7xJQyucWHFLJYczZWQq3KX2KEvsxk.jpg

So back to "Suffer not the alien to live!" Empire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CQ7Vwz8Eo

• Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    They will probably make them available in the Dilitium Store for the bargain basement cost of only 2,000,000 Dilitium per Character.

1450240393738.gif

That is heresy!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    It's January 2019 and the TRIBBLE Mirro Uniforms are out. I went and compiled some pictures with some tailor screenshots and colors I used. I tried to get as close as I could to canon.

Here's my Imgur Gallery for it.

XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    sam1123uo#5983 sam1123uo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    You do know there is a costume request thread that you could have made this suggestion in just saying that's all. :wink:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    In Ent and TOS they did. Also in STO we have Mirror Leeta as a member of the Terran Empire.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Wish I could get the officer chest piece to work correctly