test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where STO is headed

Comments

• gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    My only problem with this is that I've heard there will be more missions in the past.
    I don't want to play more simulations, I want to continue my character's story in the present, even if it's dealing with a rogue odd Klingon.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    I do not mind DSC in STO at all. After all, its not the aired show... >.<
    New stuff makes me giddy.
    What I find shameful is NO NEWKLINGONS?!?!! No <3 at all? Ffs? Wth?
    A show that started out with the whole FED-Klingon war... ...AND NO KLINGONS in the game? Ffs! WTH!?
    I do not comprehend the reasoning behind NO KLINGONS!
    Why on earth is the Klingons not a choice upon creating a new toon?
    That plain out suck hard. No Klingons. No outfits, no guns. What a shameful display, Cryptic. Cookies with sand in to You all.
    Booo!
    I made sure to ask Andre Emerson about that last leek for the livestream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgv4L5g7fVo
    Skip to 1:08:00, Andre basically said that it'd take a long time.

Thanks for the vid.
    Yeh. That sort of cemented my inner fears... Between the awful smoothening excuses, bottom line:
    No more Klingons... :disappointed:

/Floozy
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    gurluas wrote: »
    My only problem with this is that I've heard there will be more missions in the past.
    I don't want to play more simulations, I want to continue my character's story in the present, even if it's dealing with a rogue odd Klingon.

Not every mission is going to be a "Simulation."

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thearkadythearkady Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I'm fine with that. The staff @ Cryptic has a hard enough time with Klingons without having to go through the gymnastics CBS did changing them into b-reel movie monsters with arthritis and chronic constipation.

Except they already did that, because NPCs for the AoD content. As such, claiming it'd be too much work seems a somewhat questionable excuse.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'm thinking its going to be a reward later on. Kinda like how finishing the AoY arc gave account access to TOS style Andorians, Klingons, Tellarites, and Gorn.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I do not mind DSC in STO at all. After all, its not the aired show... >.<
    New stuff makes me giddy.
    What I find shameful is NO NEWKLINGONS?!?!! No <3 at all? Ffs? Wth?
    A show that started out with the whole FED-Klingon war... ...AND NO KLINGONS in the game? Ffs! WTH!?
    I do not comprehend the reasoning behind NO KLINGONS!
    Why on earth is the Klingons not a choice upon creating a new toon?
    That plain out suck hard. No Klingons. No outfits, no guns. What a shameful display, Cryptic. Cookies with sand in to You all.
    Booo!
    I made sure to ask Andre Emerson about that last leek for the livestream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgv4L5g7fVo
    Skip to 1:08:00, Andre basically said that it'd take a long time.
    Thanks for the vid.
    Yeh. That sort of cemented my inner fears... Between the awful smoothening excuses, bottom line:
    No more Klingons... :disappointed:
    He actually said it was something he wanted to do. But that building a new tutorial takes as long as several normal missions. Mainly because they need to add things to disable a bunch of things you could normally do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • > @sophlogimo said:
    > Apparently you can play on mac again:
    >

happy about this. i hate being left out :(
  • shinden1shinden1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    asches1 wrote: »
    I just read the post on the homepage where STO is headed in 2019. It's just really sad. "Legendary" Discovery? That show is out for a year maybe, not liked by the lot of Trekkies and STO is heading full into that.
    I bought a lifer subscription when it came out for mac. I let myself be trapped by the big mashine named "Cryptic" and loved the game till the mac version got canned. Since then I regreted that purchase a lot, but when I see how the game is developing (I don't know how much work goes into devving a game, but I can imagine a lot and especially that's why I would want to do it right conentwise) and where they are headed (not just contentwise) I must say, that if I hadn't stopped playing back then, when they dropped the mac version, I would stop playing now.

STO content was so good, interesting and diverse. And now it's just sad.

I'm curious what others think and if I'm really alone with this opinion.

I'll just reply to you directly.

Your not alone, though I think it's important to point out that it's not a big deal to walk away from the thing if you no longer enjoy it. I played for around 5 years, and for the most part got my moneys worth. Who knows, it may get better in the future, and maybe even Discovery will get better in the future.

In many ways the game itself was never going to be what I wanted it to be, and I, plus many others made our opinion known about it.

As you can see in your replies, there is a pretty predictable set of replies, from the same people who regularly look for dissidents in the forums, whether it be about the direction of the game, opinion of discovery, or dissatisfaction with some presentations...who show up as fast as they can to let you know why your opinion is invalid, how nothing can be done or (my favorite) practice a form of browbeating over Discovery as if you can be shamed into liking what you do not like or shamed as a small minority of implied 'insert bad thing here'. It's pretty silly, and over the years, this general gang up culture around here is why I rarely participate in this 'community'.

I've stopped playing, but I'll regularly check in and see if the team has something going on that I like. That's all you can do. The unhealthy thing to do is beat on everyone else because a few people don't share your opinion, that's either way. You and the first reply to your post were pretty healthy. I hope you continue to enjoy Star Trek in some way, even if it's no longer this game.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    shinden1 wrote: »
    who show up as fast as they can to let you know why your opinion is invalid, how nothing can be done or (my favorite) practice a form of browbeating over Discovery as if you can be shamed into liking what you do not like or shamed as a small minority of implied 'insert bad thing here'. It's pretty silly, and over the years, this general gang up culture around here is why I rarely participate in this 'community'.

Well step one in being able to participate in a community is respecting the opinions of others. That includes performing due diligence in argumentation, knowing what the extent of a rational opinion is, and presenting supporting evidence to allow others to appreciate where you're coming from. Even if folks disagree, they can at least understand the perspectives of others and potentially learn something from that. Your fellow community members aren't here specifically to provide you with personal validation. That is earned through mutually respectful discussion. To that, "no DSC in STO" does not qualify (the premise is exclusionary) and I don't see how stating that is a problem (unless you're simply trying to reframe discussion to snipe at people.)

Enjoy what you enjoy, play what you play, but if you're going to step into a forum be prepared for people to 1. disagree with you and 2. hold folks accountable for shoddy and meanspirited arguments (see. maintaining the basics of multilateral discussion.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited October 2018
    You forgot Generations and the Kelvin Timeline movies.

But you are correct.
    If you like ANYTHING Star Trek, you can be considered a fan. Trying to say that liking certain parts disqualifies you is not cool. That would be like saying "Yea, you're a Seattle Mariners fan... unless you like X player. Then you're not." Where does that even make sense?

Note I used a local Major League Baseball team as an example. But you can substitute any sports team you want and it would still work as an example.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Sompek breaks, then there's talk of Herculean efforts, then nothing.

Hey, buck up, Zateron! Sompek is getting a mulligan!! Nov 1st through Nov 5th. :)
    Uh, I can't say the Devs been hitting par, lately, but....

There it is: LOL!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11012313

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    First of all... they were trying to fix it WHILE THE EVENT WAS RUNNING in order to not impact the event. They failed. So they had to take it down to fix it.

So yea... I'd say Herculean would be appropriate.

Second... it usually takes a while to hash out bugs after a major content drop that changes a lot of things. For example who knows how many bugs we got just from implimenting T6 reps alone! And this is on top of the bugs that may not have been hashed out from Victory is Life.

Despite popular belief that the Devs are Godly Jacks of All Trades Masters of Code... they're only human, just like any of us. And also note that Cryptic is not as big as some other companies running MMOs, like say Blizzard or *shudder* EA. So the bug team isn't as big.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > > @rattler2 said:
    > > You forgot Generations and the Kelvin Timeline movies.
    > >
    > > But you are correct.
    > > If you like ANYTHING Star Trek, you can be considered a fan. Trying to say that liking certain parts disqualifies you is not cool. That would be like saying "Yea, you're a Seattle Mariners fan... unless you like X player. Then you're not." Where does that even make sense?
    > >
    > > Note I used a local Major League Baseball team as an example. But you can substitute any sports team you want and it would still work as an example.
    >
    > Not to mention the extended franchise, the comics, novels, games. Whether your a fan of the whole franchise like me (despite my complaints about various elements I am a fan of the whole franchise) or your a "only TOS is canon" fan your still a fan, now in the second case your wrong on the canon part but your still a fan.
    >
    > I dislike huge parts of DS9 & Ent, and think they had the 2 worst captains in the franchise, but I will never tell the people wishing for "the Emissary's return" that they aren't a fan. Same for the "Dukat was right" crowd.
    >
    > So @shinden1 it isn't about forcing anyone to like any part of the franchise.

Well my hatred of DSC is clearly established, I also abhor Voyager. It was inconsistent to the point of bloody mindedness. Only real good parts was Year of Hell and the Equinox 2 part. That really delved into what the show should of been all along. Not TNG light. I mean in all seriousness. Torres must be the most underrated chief engineer of all times to keep Voyager inside and out looking like she just left spacedock after continually getting the Holy hell beat out of her.

But I loved DS9. Why? Because it tackled moral ambiguity no other show had the guts to do. Plus Sisko actually had something called DEPTH. Something we didn't see out of Picard and crew most times. Hell most depth we saw out of Picard was First Contact.

I actually liked seasons 3 and 4 of ENT. Was really sad that we never saw the much fabled Romulan/Earth war. All that show really needed was to have the fluff episodes of season 1 and 2 trimmed off and combined and drop each season by 1 and the show would of been much better.

DSC. Yeah I just won't go there since everyone attacks me pillar to post over it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @azrael605 said:
    > Ugg, Year of Hell was junk, as for Equinox, I'd have spaced Ransom as soon as I found out about the experiments. Sisko had about the same depth as Lorca to be honest. Holding on to 6 century old grudges, commiting war crimes, lots of other problems. DS9 in general, as a lifelong reader of really good combat/military sci-fi DS9 just felt like an elementary school doing Apocalypse Now, then you have Alexander Siddig hating the augment storyline so much that he "phoned in" every scene involving it (he has talked about it), worst of all was Section 31 being inflicted on the franchise, which is part of why Voyager comes out ahead, S31 never taints it.

Rather watch section 31 with its moral ambiguity than Voyager and being so squeaky clean. And Janeway comes off a bit holier than thou at times. Least Sisko had the guts to do what had to be done for the sake of the Federation.

Nice to have ideals, but when billions die to say you upheld those ideals when if you got your hands dirty like Sisko did and prevented tbose deaths, I'd of done the same thing "In the Pale Moonlight." Janeway would of let those billions burn for her precious ideals.

I mean look at Ransom. Did he do bad things? Yes. But did he keep his people alive? YES. What would Janeway of done if Voyager was in that bad of shape. Let her people die and keep her ideals or do what needed to be done to save her people?

Problem is, we almost never saw Janeway in that kind of situation. And Voyager's premise was perfect situations to really put Janeway to the test. But we never really saw it.

Hell Janeway in Endgame violated the temporal prime directive and changed the course of history for her own ends bringing Voyager home close to 20 years early.

Really would of loved more principal vs survival scenarios. Especially with an actress of Kate Mulgrew's caliber.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I’ve always felt like Ron Moore’s Battlestar Galactica was what Voyager should have been but not as dark
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @azrael605 said:
    > Ugg, Year of Hell was junk, as for Equinox, I'd have spaced Ransom as soon as I found out about the experiments. Sisko had about the same depth as Lorca to be honest. Holding on to 6 century old grudges, commiting war crimes, lots of other problems. DS9 in general, as a lifelong reader of really good combat/military sci-fi DS9 just felt like an elementary school doing Apocalypse Now, then you have Alexander Siddig hating the augment storyline so much that he "phoned in" every scene involving it (he has talked about it), worst of all was Section 31 being inflicted on the franchise, which is part of why Voyager comes out ahead, S31 never taints it.

Rather watch section 31 with its moral ambiguity than Voyager and being so squeaky clean. And Janeway comes off a bit holier than thou at times. Least Sisko had the guts to do what had to be done for the sake of the Federation.

Nice to have ideals, but when billions die to say you upheld those ideals when if you got your hands dirty like Sisko did and prevented tbose deaths, I'd of done the same thing "In the Pale Moonlight." Janeway would of let those billions burn for her precious ideals.

I mean look at Ransom. Did he do bad things? Yes. But did he keep his people alive? YES. What would Janeway of done if Voyager was in that bad of shape. Let her people die and keep her ideals or do what needed to be done to save her people?

Problem is, we almost never saw Janeway in that kind of situation. And Voyager's premise was perfect situations to really put Janeway to the test. But we never really saw it.

Hell Janeway in Endgame violated the temporal prime directive and changed the course of history for her own ends bringing Voyager home close to 20 years early.

Really would of loved more principal vs survival scenarios. Especially with an actress of Kate Mulgrew's caliber.

Janeway I feel would have done everything she could to save her people, short of committing genocide of an alien lifeform. You also have to remember that compared to the intrepid class, the Nova class was a ship that was much smaller and thus wasn't meant to be like the Intrepid class where they could take more hits and could hold up better. I think if Ransom had the Intrepid class, his experience may have been different.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • eve1964eve1964 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    As a lifer, I can truthfully say that I enjoy the game. No, I wasn't thrilled with the semi-jjtrek direction taken with the Romulans, and, I can't say that I am thrilled with the addition of DISCO to the pot. Especially when the TOS content was very enjoyable..and, nothing. I love this game, but, the change that bothers me most is not adding this, or that, show, it has to do with trying to force me to play content I have no desire to play, I like the Red Alerts, especially the Tholian Red Alert. Why do I have to do these other queues? If I had wanted to do them, does Cryptic really think I wouldn't have been doing them?

Instead of examining the why of these unused queues, Cryptic just pulled out a hammer and said, "If we hit this hard enough it'll be great!" It's very much the same attitude that caused JJ Trek and DISCO to not really be Trek, but, to simply be B and D, respectively, grade creations, that were not Trek, but, if you forget the Trek thing and pretend they are just action adventure shows, they are alright. (Caveat: DISCO is not really alright, it's best episode was about on par with the worst episodes of Space:1999, but, with enough vodka, it really isn't so bad.)

I wish the devs would spend less time trying to give us new content that isn't refined, and spend more time fixing the game itself. If queues aren't being used, don't force us to play them, figure out why they aren't being used. If content is lacking, or broken (I'm looking at that Romulan Rescue queue and the bugs that have been in that since I started, among others) fix that, or address that by removing it from the game and replacing it.

I just want them to spend the time to make this game a fun experience. If I want to play a game where I have to be a professional, I'll go play Eve Online. If I want to play a game with no options but to play the way the devs want me to play, I'll go find an old single player dungeon crawler.

I love this game. Wouldn't have paid for a lifetime subscription, or, keep pumping dollars for new ships if I didn't. I'm not asking for much, just fix what's really broken, give us more content, maybe on a rotating basis, STO, TOS, TRIBBLE, Klingon, Romulan, rinse, repeat. Make it good, refined content. I don't know about others in the game, but, I'd be willing to wait two years for a really engaging story arc, rather than get arcs that are good, but, not really packing a punch.

Rant over,

Eve

Edit: Apparenly, just using the initials for Discovery is frowned on. Who knew?
    Post edited by eve1964 on
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    > @sophlogimo said:
    > Apparently you can play on mac again:
    >

happy about this. i hate being left out :(

I play on Linux fairly often. Works quite well with the current beta version of Steam Proton with DXVK. Also works via wine with DXVK very nicely. Proton is slick and easy to update ect.

To bad Apple are such boneheads. With no direct vulkan API on Mac the Valve isn't able to support Mac with DXVK. Would be so much easier if Apple would just directly support vulcan and Valve could just add steam play to mac as well.

The newer version of Wine should work via OpenGL on Mac... I'm not sure how great the performance is though.
  • asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Now some time passed, since I've posted the post (see what I did there?:D) and I read through all of the comments about the topic. A lot of very intersting thoughts and arguments!

I really liked them all.

And I have to say: there are sadly too few forums, where you can have a civilized discussion about a topic. Where nobody starts to rant about it and put people down for their different opinions!
    This is a huge "plus" for you guys!

Thanks for the shared opinions!

Greets!
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Posted this in the T6 Nova thread I created but it's relevant, and probably more on-topic, here really, so...

I still think it's a pity that, considering Cryptic opened up a little about future content (the 'Roadmap' ), they're still so secretive about things such as ships they are working on.

Honestly, I'm aware of potential issues that can come from this, BUT...... it seems to work for World of Warships. Wargaming seems to be the polar oposite of Cryptic in this regard. To be fair I have no idea what the difference is in terms of employee numbers but eitherway, I much prefer their 'open and honest' policy of talking about what they are working on.

I LOATHE Cryptic's policy, where we only find about about a new ship on the first working day of the week they plan to release it in most cases.

Again - I don't think I'd be so cheesed off about the lack of a T6 Nova if I'd known that it was, at the very least, on their minds (which I discovered in last week's livestream).
    Well, I don't know about World of Warships, but down here every time Cryptic puts out any advance info, it incites complaining. Every word gets analyzed in the most nitpicky way possible. If they say they're working on something, anything, it'll be the next patch day at the latest before people start whining that it isn't released yet. If something gets released exactly as they said it would, people complain they didn't listen to feedback and if it turns out different, they get accused of lying. And heaven forbid something they "promised" actually gets cancelled completely.

So I totally understand them not wanting to say too much.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @azrael605 said:

Janeway I feel would have done everything she could to save her people, short of committing genocide of an alien lifeform. You also have to remember that compared to the intrepid class, the Nova class was a ship that was much smaller and thus wasn't meant to be like the Intrepid class where they could take more hits and could hold up better. I think if Ransom had the Intrepid class, his experience may have been different.
    There was a bit of subtext that I think gets lost too easily. Namely that Ransom's ship was in bad shape because they'd decided to run the gauntlet through hostile territory. What would Janeway have done? fly around....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Ransom's is the ultimate racist argument. That the aliens he murdered were less important, less valuable than himself because they were different. That he was entitled to murder them and grind their bodies into fuel for his own convenience because they were not human and therefore inferior.

Janeway would have stayed stranded in the delta quadrant rather than murder. The series even started with her intentionally stranding the ship in the delta quadrant to stop the kazon from taking over the Caretaker's array.
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Part of disco in STO's issue is timing.

Because it arrived when it did VIL got cut short, with at least two mission opportunities missing from between tenebris and the final fling.

Its arrival also seems to slapped a nail in the coffin for a klink civil war with jmpok the coward being all buddy buddy with martok, possibly because he was allowed out of his broom closet on DS9.

There was also a possible plotlines of the jem hadar gaining more freedom, finding a solution to needing ketracel to survive but they stamped on that with the idiot getting himself killed rather than a nasty cut in his arm. Same way they killed off the interesting character and possible story using the jem hadar in the son'a lockbox promo episode.

Potentially good story threads are starved because they're not fed enough (pun intended)

EXACTLY!
    All good ideas and story possibilities.
    I may change opinion about discovery if J'ula would make some klingon mess at present time.

But yes...VIL was cut short. Too short. There was more to tell.

Everybody has a favourite show, some things enjoyed or not.
    Actually i don't like discovery show because:
    Too centered on single character Burnham the allmighty. Burnham is able to everything. Burnham is more powerful than wonder woman.
    Janeway, kira, jadzia, b'elanna were all better female characters.

I didn't like that fungi magical idea. I just found that very odd.
    And, i am tired of prequels. Let's go on after Nemesis.

If they wanted to make a different trek story, i would have chosen an alien captain (maybe andorian to explore more their culture).

Or if they wanted a prequel... let's make some "point of view" episodes, centered on romulans...klingons....not as antagonists, but as main characters.
This discussion has been closed.