test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back missing MACO and Omega cosmetic armour sets PLEASE.

isa0003isa0003 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello,
No doubt this will be missed by the devs, but I figured I'd ask never the less.
I'm an STO Vet, a life time subscriber and huge fan. However, for a long, long, long while players have not had access to some of the MACO and Omega cosmetic armours from the Task Force Omega reputations. These are among some of my favourite armors in the game. Is there any possibility we could see a return of these cosmetic sets? Its not a huge ask, but one that comes from a loyal fan (don't know if that means anything) I was expecting them to make a return with the T6 Reps. Evidently I was disappointed. More customisation options with them would be good as well, such as a increased colour pallet. A return of the Kobali uniforms would be good too.
Regards,

isa0003
aka
Fleet Admiral Nathaniel T. Hawke.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Guess there is no way to get them working again before we have elite borg Ground versions of Infected / Cure / Khitomer again. Granting the Outfits for running advanced is no fix. So just wait another 5 years.

PSY
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The Kobali Outfit can be unlocked via the Phoenix Pack event when it pops up. You just need a rare token to unlock it per character. :smile:
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    T6 Omega rep update would be a good home for the missing variants. Also the other variants they developed for each set but never released (we've got them in the Foundry because Zero is awesome.) That said, while it makes a lot of sense I would just try to keep the expectations in check. I'm pretty sure that Cryptic folks are aware of these missing sets (topic occasionally brought up on Ten forward) but they could be holding onto these for future plans (ex. that long awaited latinum store update assuming that hasn't been set aside indefinitely, eventual episode rewards, Borg STF revamp, something involving the Borg Co-op, ect.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I would really like to see this too. I want the Operational variant of the MACO armor but currently it cannot be obtained. It would be nice if it was made available somehow.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I would really like to see this too. I want the Operational variant of the MACO armor but currently it cannot be obtained. It would be nice if it was made available somehow.

Hue! B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I wanted the larger shoulder pads for my omega armor for a while now, the small ones just look crappy to me.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    What they need to bring back is my female orion's cleavage... while wearing the boob window armor, her cleavage is missing... heck her entire body and insides is missing thru that window.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
    They do need to find some way to bring back the accolade cosmetics.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    What they need to bring back is my female orion's cleavage... while wearing the boob window armor, her cleavage is missing... heck her entire body and insides is missing thru that window.

Have you modified that outfit at any time since Season 7? I think my own Orion had that for a while before I tweaked the outfit. Before, the boob window was just a texture that was synced to the character's skin color. For a while now its been full on modeled so that it actually is the character's TRIBBLE.

While I haven't actually worn that armor for a while now, as I've been running around in the Mirror Bortasqu top, if this isn't a recent bug that might help fix the issue.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Simply changing the accolade requirement from "Elite" to "Advanced" would suffice.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,019 Community Moderator
    On paper yes. HOWEVER... you have to consider that its not as simple as flipping a switch code wise.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    The Kobali Outfit can be unlocked via the Phoenix Pack event when it pops up. You just need a rare token to unlock it per character. :smile:

Oh cool, I had no idea! Thanks very much :) I'll have to wait till the next event comes along then.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Simply changing the accolade requirement from "Elite" to "Advanced" would suffice.

Why? the the ones that archieved it on elite realy worked on it - advanced is not realy a challenge, with all the OP stuff around since they introduced the new kits.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Why? the the ones that archieved it on elite realy worked on it - advanced is not realy a challenge, with all the OP stuff around since they introduced the new kits.

Agreed, I would be fine with the unlock still requiring an actual effort. I just want it actually back in the game.

They can gate it behind whatever Elite Queue they want, as long as it's possible to attain it. I don't expect it for free.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User

Agreed.
    Cryptic needs to get their act together and actually finally make/release the new Elite Versions of the original STF's.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I kinda agree i wish they would put these things back in, even add more things into the different stfs that would give you some unique to appeal to doing the stf. When they got rid of those an left just the standard reward payout it took away something that added additional value to doing the other stfs to compensate for the longer duration kinda.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Advanced is harder than the original Elite.

In fact it being harder than the original Elite was a big part of the DR whine-a-thon.
  • Options

Agreed.
    Cryptic needs to get their act together and actually finally make/release the new Elite Versions of the original STF's.
    It's been 4 years, it's not coming.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    With the rep being increased to t6 it would have been the perfect time to add this...
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options

In fact it being harder than the original Elite was a big part of the DR whine-a-thon.

With todays power creep and shield penetrating weapons? I think not.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Sure, do tell what the game was like pre-2014 to someone who actually played it back then. :smirk:

When DR introduced Advanced queues, they were like the original Elite but with increased enemy stats and fail conditions. The latter has, obviously, been removed since. Nonetheless, they were made harder with DR.
  • Options

Sure, do tell what the game was like pre-2014 to someone who actually played it back then. :smirk:

When DR introduced Advanced queues, they were like the original Elite but with increased enemy stats and fail conditions. The latter has, obviously, been removed since. Nonetheless, they were made harder with DR.

Honestly I never noticed any difference whatsoever. They were stupidly easy already before Delta Rising, and were still stupidly easy afterwards.
    The introduction and buff of the TR-116B had already ruined them a couple of years before DR rolled around.
  • Options
    I just want the cosmetic options back. I LIKE MY SPACE BARBY!
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Could do with a T6 Assimilated vanity shield on the Omega T6 rep, while they're at it. I agree on the costume unlocks too. I have all but one of the required accolades. Frustrating not being able to do it and get those unlocks :'(
  • Options
    isa0003 wrote: »
    I just want the cosmetic options back. I LIKE MY SPACE BARBY!

Same here, they can gate it behind whatever queue they want.. just give me the option to go get it.
This discussion has been closed.