test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lobi Crystal

viceadmiralwhiteviceadmiralwhite Member Posts: 37 Arc User
How do I acquire lobi Crystals; I'm trying to Aguirre the kelvin Dreadnought Vengeance.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    By opening lock-boxes with Keys (minimum 4 each box - no max cap (i think), had 50 once myself from one <- chance for that happening is VERY low - average you'll get 4-7 per box. If you do the math and try to open the min. amount needed, go with 4). I would recommend however, to simply invest EC to buy said keys from the exchange and then open boxes, however unless you spend enough to also get a ship to sell, it's better to just buy the ship itself from the exchange. If you need the ships, get the ec - much less hassle and generally cheaper then buying the keys for those to get the required lobi. You should only ever really open boxes to gain lobi for consoles you want/need, not the ships, they're a bonus if you spend enough if you're after dil-vouchers and other items within the boxes themselfes. (500 million and up will start making you profits unless you're incredibly unlucky).

a bit more sorted:
    - Ships = get the EC. Much cheaper
    - Consoles = get the lobi with bought keys (from the exchange). but expect to lose a lot of money.
    - Consoles Advanced = open MORE then you need, big bulk to eventually get things to sell again, good chance to make your money back and get the console you need for free (generally about 400-500 million ec is when that can be done - at that point you can reach 1000-1100 lobi and more, so even if you don't get a ship out of a box you'll have enough lobi to sell a ship for around 350 million ec again which will, with all the other stuff in the boxes equal out to a minimal loss if you're unlucky.) <- This is worth it for the DIL vouchers alone (fleet/rep vouchers for alts or if needed on main to maintain more dil -> zen later for farming purposes).

in short: Opening lock boxes reward you lobi.

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Two ways to get the Vengeance

1: Buy keys and open lock boxes. Get 4-50 lobi per lock box. Average is 4 to 5 lobi in the long term. So to get 900 lobi, you need to open somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 lock boxes which would obviously cost 200 keys.

2: The preferred method of getting the Vengeance is to buy it on the exchange. Usually around 225 to 250 million EC. You can sell keys for around 4 million EC each. So assuming 250 million price, you would need to sell 63 keys on the exchange in order to bring in enough EC to buy the Vengeance.

So it's your choice. 63 keys or 200 keys.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • viceadmiralwhiteviceadmiralwhite Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    where would it be listed in the exchange? or how do I find it in the exchange? is it the exchange at Earth spacedock?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    where would it be listed in the exchange? or how do I find it in the exchange? is it the exchange at Earth spacedock?

Go to the Exchange and Search for 'Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought' without the quote marks.

There will be 2 boxes listed, the Kelvin Dreadnought Equipment and the box that has the actual ship. They're clearly labeled and the ship box is obviously more expensive. The equipment box is for Klingons and Romulans only so don't worry about that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The Vengeance is pretty cheap right now. 230M? Getting lobi to get it is stupid.
    Buy Master Keys and sell them on the Exchange for 4M each. So 58 keys.

Lockboxes average 5 lobi per box, I think?
    So for 900 lobi you need to open 180 boxes. So 180 keys.
    Now, of course, you get other stuff in those 180 boxes that might lessen, or if very very lucky, even totally pay for the Vengenace. But probably not. If the ship is your only goal, don't bother with getting lobi from lockboxes.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Just a note since you seem to be new(ish): You can't use the Vengeance until level 40 and only on a Federation character (Federation Allied Romulans can't open the ship pack, only the 'equipment' pack). All Exchange terminals connect to the same Exchange of that platform, so you don't need to go anywhere specific to look for a given thing on the Exchange, beyond being able to open the interface for it anyway.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

Search under the Rewards tab. If you just search under All, what gets found can sometimes not be the best results and it might not show you the best priced one. Plus "Sort by Price Per Unit" isn't working atm, so just leave it on the default. Anyway, since you can't stack ships, Price per Unit isn't needed like when searching for other things for the best price.

• husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,588 Arc User
    At an average of 5 lobi per box. You need to open 180 boxes to pick up 900 lobi yourself.

180 x 4.2 mil ec (average key cost) 756 million ec. (it might be less if you get lucky and average a higher lobi rate... but even if you throw a few 50s 25s and 10s in your still not going to break into a double digit average even at 9 average your going to need to open 100 boxes)
    If you are wise opening boxes and don't mind working the exchange properly selling off your "winning" you may recoup around half the key costs. So 378 million.

Check out the exchange price. Chances are you can get it for a steal that way. Its also not as clear cut as some say. Using the keys yourself you MAY get lucky you likely won't. Most likely it will cost you slighly more opening... or you'll end up with the ship for "free". Its a gamble.

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Do note that even 5 Lobi per box is optimistic. Story time: I had some Lobi saved up from opening Lockboxes now and then saved up, so when the Kelvin Timeline lockbox was announced and we got a look at the lovely Vengeance type Dreadnought, I estimated based on 5 Lobi/box got about that many keys via EC a few days prior to that boxes launch. Day one of the box (PC) I started opening boxes hoping for some drops worth close to the key value or more (this is more likely to happen day one, as the new stuff takes time to get saturated on the market.) I had never before seen so many 4s in a row. After more than 10 with not even a 5 coming out, I literally asked Zone chat if the box even dropped more than 4, though I got a 5 finally after asking. I switched to my KDF char hoping for better luck, and better secondary sales of the lower end prizes, after a few more keys my average was sitting at a sad 4.3 Lobi/box. I decided that selling off my remaining keys, which thankfully had gone up, and selling other stuff to try to grind up the EC to direct buy instead was a better bet.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Do note that even 5 Lobi per box is optimistic.
    No, it's the statistical average. Obviously, some people will get more and others less.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The last time I opened boxes for Lobi (about a month or so ago) I averaged about 6 per box. I was only trying to get another Herald Staff so obviously, I didn't have to open very many.

Still, people can post all the averages they like but opening boxes to try and 'win' a ship or to try and mass 900 Lobi is a very bad idea. Yes, there is always a chance that opening boxes will get you there quicker then selling keys, but the odds are incredibly against you. The Vengeance is not an expensive ship (250M is cheap, trust me.)

If you have a bunch of Materials, make Superior Crafting Kits and Sell them. If you have things like Salvaged Technology.. sell those. Contraband? Sell it. If you're sitting on a nice stack of refined Dilithium, trade some of it for Zen, use that Zen to buy keys, sell the keys. Make up the rest by just buying keys to sell on the exchange.

You'll quickly see that it's really not hard to make that 250M you need. The more patient you are, the less cash you will have to spend, but if you want it NOW then just buy the keys and sell them. If you really want to test your luck, feel free to start opening boxes but know ahead of time that the odds are that when it's all done you'll regret it. Either way, good luck getting your ship, the Vengeance is a great ship.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited October 2018
    warpangel wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Do note that even 5 Lobi per box is optimistic.
    No, it's the statistical average. Obviously, some people will get more and others less.
    5 is actually the high end and it's a nice juicy and untrustworthy round number to be the true mean statistical average. 4 being the minimum and 5 being the upper limit of possible on smaller box opening adventures of say 100 boxes. As you open more boxes and get to the minimum for statistical analysis (1000+ boxes at once) the average trims down to around and slightly below the 4.5 per box mark.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    If I need Lobi, I’ll open Infinity boxes. There’s always something that any of my characters can use.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @salazarraze said:
    > warpangel wrote: »
    >
    > tom61sto wrote: »
    >
    > Do note that even 5 Lobi per box is optimistic.
    >
    >
    >
    > No, it's the statistical average. Obviously, some people will get more and others less.
    >
    >
    >
    > 5 is actually the high end and it's a nice juicy and untrustworthy round number to be the true mean statistical average. 4 being the minimum and 5 being the upper limit of possible on smaller box opening adventures of say 100 boxes. As you open more boxes and get to the minimum for statistical analysis (1000+ boxes at once) the average trims down to around and slightly below the 4.5 per box mark.

5 is not the maximum, I've gotten 50 from one box.

Correct. What I mean is that 5 is the "high estimate" for the average.
This discussion has been closed.