test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lobi Store: Tzenkethi Retrofit Armor(Complaint)

This morning, I had some extra lobi left over after running some lock boxes and decided to purchase the Tzenkethi Retrofit Armor due to the fact that it included a set of costume unlocks. After receiving it, I felt a little deceived due to the poor to non-existent description both on the Arc Website as well as in the Lobi store.

The issue is directly related to the fact that the majority of the cosmetic pieces are only accessible on your captain and they are not included in the uniform but a separate category called Tzenkethi.

This is neither mentioned on the Arc website that featres the Tzenkethi item summaries nor outline in the lobi store beyond description mentioning that this item unlocks at the tailor.

I have bought armor sets previously off the lobi store that included the Hunter armor which is fully compatible with both the uniform slot and your bridge officers. Unless it is clearly documented some where to the contrary, this is where the standard has been set at, so its unreasonable to expect exceptions.

I feel like Star Trek Online is operating on a buyer beware system. I am going to suggest they take this opportunity and critical feedback to update their descriptions as well as refund me my 200 Lobi. I have a hard time believing that I am the only one who has experienced this. I will await the refund at Solok Drag'r@solonar#0525. Thanks
sig111_zpsu4di8nom.jpg
Society of Shadows 18 year Member

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    If you want a refund, you should probably contact support directly, chances that this will be responded to on the forums are low. I won't promise you that it will work, but I certainly understand your frustration. What is possible or possible with a costume is not predictable to the buyer.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    solonar#0525 solonar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I understand that this isn't the best forum, but I wanted to post it anyways so other players would be aware.
    sig111_zpsu4di8nom.jpg
    Society of Shadows 18 year Member
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I have bought armor sets previously off the lobi store that included the Hunter armor which is fully compatible with both the uniform slot and your bridge officers. Unless it is clearly documented some where to the contrary, this is where the standard has been set at, so its unreasonable to expect exceptions.

What about undine and herald armor? You are setting a firm expectation based on a limited sample and interpreting "costume unlock" on an armor piece to mean "uniform." That's always an assumption and there are many dedicated armor sets present in the game (ex. most, but not all, rep sets). If category really matters to you, feel free to inquire with the community if neither the game or the wiki give a clear answer.

PS. tight uniform category is where you should be looking right now. Many elements of the Tzenkethi armor set are unlocked as uniform items. The exception is the chest piece and shoulder pads because of clipping issues which the art team couldn't reconcile for full part-based customization (we inquired about the armor set on Ten Forward weekly, IIRC that was the answer given.) That said, it is a nice set for kit-bashing with the arms, legs, belt, and base suit (boots are a little awkward to blend in with other sets.)

PPS. it's never wise to post your account handle on the forums and I would recommend editing that out of the OP. If you want support to contact you, contact them through official channels.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Cryptic's costume restrictions are always more or less arbitrary. There are no standards, there are very very few things that are universally wearable and boff-wearability in particular is practically a coin toss.

Never assume anything when it comes to clothes in this game.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    PPS. it's never wise to post your account handle on the forums and I would recommend editing that out of the OP. If you want support to contact you, contact them through official channels.

PWE has a unified account system, @duncanidaho11. In other words unless he deliberately creates a second PWE account for the forums, his @handle in the game is his @handle on the forum. That's true for him, it's true for me, it's true for nearly all of us.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    the herald armour costume unlock is a massive con, you basically dont get the costume unless you fork out more lobis on the seperate thrall costume and even with those two sets combined you can't get the heavy armour, its just the basic thrall outfit.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I sympathise with you finding out the armor which looks pretty sweet cannot be used in full on your bridge officers.

However getting a refund for it, your chances from personal experience are zero and here's why.

I had a similar issue with the Zambean outfit where I purchased it on a female Caitian, sure she can use the item fine, any of my male bridge officers regardless of species can wear it. However none of my female bridge officers can wear it. No where in the description for this item does it say it cannot be used on female boff's and to make matters worse the bridge officers I wanted to use them on were also female Caitians and to have these type of Boff's you have to purchase them from the C-Store so not you're everyday Boff's

I pointed the fact that the selling of this item is misleading and asked support to
    1. Remove the item from that character and refund my lobi.
    2. Remove the item from that character and repackage it so I could transfer it and use it on a different character.

Response TS.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    starswordc wrote: »
    PWE has a unified account system, @duncanidaho11. In other words unless he deliberately creates a second PWE account for the forums, his @handle in the game is his @handle on the forum. That's true for him, it's true for me, it's true for nearly all of us.

Ah, gotcha. My displayed name is different from my handle and I didn't know that by hovering over user names you can display their @ handle regardless. Always figured they kept that private.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Sounds like you may have a bug. Bugs need to be filed in the Bug Subforum. That also goes for anyone else experiencing costume issues not working on their Captains or BOFFs.

As for refunds, that sort of thing needs to be handled through Customer Service, not the forum. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.