test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About the Arena of Sompek

Hi fellow captains.

I can't find the Arena of Sompek queue in the STO.

Has anyone played it yet?

I just wanted to test my new Gamma gear and the Arena is not in the queue since Friday night.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I got postponed due to it being glitchy.

Apparently, you had to go the STO Reddit forum to see that postponement thread yesterday.
  • xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I got postponed due to it being glitchy.

Apparently, you had to go the STO Reddit forum to see that postponement thread yesterday.

:(

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    i was wondering what happened. I was booted from the servers a few times tonight and didn't see it after, so i didn't know.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    I am annoyed at the terrible communication procedures. There's nothing in the game, on the website, or in the forums to widely indicate that something was/is wrong or what they are or will do about it to fix it. Whomever is in control of this department dropped the ball.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    I am annoyed at the terrible communication procedures. There's nothing in the game, on the website, or in the forums to widely indicate that something was/is wrong or what they are or will do about it to fix it. Whomever is in control of this department dropped the ball.

It was communicated on facebook and in at least two topics here on the forum. ...

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • I find it amazing how the "Real" game issues are never addressed and the lack of professionalism here is more than apparent. Remember how they removed omni-directional beam weapons earlier this year with (pen) from being able to proc when made without even telling us? It is things like this and the continued lack of monitoring team instances for exploiters that want a reward for doing nothing to earn it that drives me over the edge.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    That there was no mention of it in game is beyond belief. Though I admit I didn’t think to go to their Facebook page. Probably because I don’t use Facebook. Guess I’ll do that next time.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Okay, so is that what happened, but another thing...it is set up to Level 60, can Lvl 65 folks enter?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The official announce thread is the place to go for these things:
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13439265/#Comment_13439265
  • zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I am confused as to what has or is happening.
    I managed to get my first weekend voucher before Sompek began bugging out (with no enemies) more, and more, and on facebook it was stated that the Borg Alert would be the replacement to continue receiving weekend vouchers then Borg Alert began messing up without cool downs, and people entering when the que had already begun with no offer of vouchers, and no mention anywhere about it at all.
    On top of this it all has happened two days after the executive producer in the 10 Forward live feed boasted about the Roadmap ahead of STO, and their commitment to refresh, and rebuild older content, while they seem unable to maintain anything without several major issues.
    I don't know what's going on internally but it seems the lack of any information could mean it's even worse than it seems from public perspective.
    I do not know. This is ONLY speculations based on a very general exterior view point. Lack of information seems to indicate it could be worse.

• xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    (flame/troll post redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @zateron#9297 Hey!

Communications about STO has been hit or miss, lately. I am not even sure where they post anything in a timely manner, any more. Stuff is on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and here? They got videos up on Twitch and Facebook....I am not even sure where the archives are for the videos.

This time it was a comment made on a post here. No official cancellation post, per se. But I found out about it in an e-mail from a friend!!! Cryptic cancelled the entire Sompek Event. They decided they couldn't even fix it! Wow...reality. Kinda sad. That does not bode well, does it?

We can always hope for an early WW!! They seem to have already picked out the ship???? Hopefully....nothing new added this year so it can go smooth. ????
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    There were already several threads dealing with this issue. also we're not going to turn this into a flame fest against Cryptic either. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.