Install Arc

Just got bumped off server

13»

Comments

• xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Yep... and I am in another RFTO!!

Hmmmm.... I wonder what's playing on Redtube....

U better damn well try GORN-HUB...

• centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Pretty sad, considering recent investments in content and talent, not to keep up on the physical plant of the server farm...and on an event weeekend!

Edit: ...and back on again...!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Hmmm, I guess this is a good time to play minecraft until tomorow. I think the server is due for maintenance, anyone else agree? :smile:

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Hmm, maybe just give us all account unlocks on the stompek pulswave gun and we be square and I won't complain.

I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Who didn't feed the hamster?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Ok so it let me back on, and as soon as i got to space decided to quite again. Cryptic, Jerry the hamster has served us well over the years, but every employee reaches a point when it is time to hand them their severance... And you know, they make some servers now that don't even need hamsters. You guys might want to think about the investment....
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    And its back up again...
  • its down again seems like its doing a yoyo up and down again thing... my entire fleet get booted at the same time lol. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244789/server-crashing/p1?new=1
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Probably no use raging against the servers, because they don't care what we say. ;)

Think of this as an opportunity to
    1) turn off the screens,
    2) go outside,
    3) talk to people face-to-face (Discord doesn't count),
    4) acknowledge there is a world other than STO,
    5) direct your anger at the hedge - that you've been putting off trimming since Spring 2014.

Ok, maybe 4 is pushing it, but .... it's probably time for a break to give Cryptic some time to deal with the issue.

Free blood wine for everyone in the morning. Just bring your own cups and a 2 strips of GPL to donate to the server farm. Receipts will be provided by the Grand Nagus, whenever he decides to return my hail.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Probably no use raging against the servers, because they don't care what we say. ;)

1) turn off the screens,
    2) go outside,
    5) direct your anger at the hedge - that you've been putting off trimming since Spring 2014.

Ok, maybe 4 is pushing it, but .... it's probably time for a break to give Cryptic some time to deal with the issue.

Free blood wine for everyone in the morning. Just bring your own cups and a 2 strips of GPL to donate to the server farm. Receipts will be provided by the Grand Nagus, whenever he decides to return my hail.

I hate to agree, but with the slew of bugs and lack of talking to the community or listening... Yeah, turn it off.. I got a Minecraft Realm if anyone wants to join. :3
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

1) turn off the screens,
    2) go outside,

should of put a reference in there about rage against the machine. xD

1. Turning off computer screens changes nothing. :tongue:
    2. What into the cold frosty 3'c temps?
    3. I'm fine staring into space. talking to people... like a nightmare.
    4. That i already knew, but it ties into point 3. in translation: get a life.
    5. btw you wouldn't leave a hedge to grow for four years, it gets bad after 1 year when you have to cut 6 foot of the side.

there is a better opportunity to find another game to play and RATM. (couldn't help myself :smiley: )

T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • dylanggctdylanggct Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Sigh, was hoping this would be resolved bye now, got kicked twice Yesterday. Just got kicked again, thankfully it happened after I got my Reps going, but I need to play, 3 characters need marks for the next round. I got kicked in the middle of TFO. I don't want to be the d*ck the drops and leaves the team hanging, also not feeling like getting ragy today so I"ll wait till they get their sh*t together. Overwatch Here I come.. Okay so maybe I feel like getting a little ragy today.
    "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one." ~Spock

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Kids these days. It's like you've never seen Server Not Responding messages before. :lol:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is this still going on today???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Doing the counterpoint endeavour earlier and a couple of attempts were met with the chat box being spammed up the wazoo with map transfer failed with a very long loading in time when it did eventually work.
  • Here we go again with the server timeouts sigh.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WyF8RHM1OCg
  • dlardragethdlardrageth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    As we have been "experiencing" this for the whole weekend already, one starts to wonder if this will be fixed before November. Recurring issue seems to be the account server, I have to wonder after 3 days of crashing if there is no backup for it? ;)
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Perhaps the extended maintenance today will cure this problem, at least for a while. Any computer that runs continuously gradually builds up minute errors that need to be cleared by a reset/defrag/update to run smoothly the rest of the time.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Perhaps the extended maintenance today will cure this problem, at least for a while. Any computer that runs continuously gradually builds up minute errors that need to be cleared by a reset/defrag/update to run smoothly the rest of the time.

I was getting these issues intermittently over the entire weekend. I played for about an hour and a half today after the maintenance without any issues, so hopefully that means that the disconnect issue was addressed in the maintenance.

Could also be that I just got lucky. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.