test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus Open World Missions gone

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
Except for the Staging Area all of the other open world missions seem to be gone.

Is this a mistake or a bug? Will they becoming back?
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You mean the random events that popped up whenever they felt like it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Nope. There still there.

I'm talking about the mission where your Captains need to gather things or scan thing or fight rogue groups of Romulans or Tholians to move towards a percent of a mission accomplished. The Open Missions.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/New_Romulus#Open_missions
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User

Nope. There still there.

I'm talking about the mission where your Captains need to gather things or scan thing or fight rogue groups of Romulans or Tholians to move towards a percent of a mission accomplished. The Open Missions.

Good?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Nope. There still there.

Those ARE the alerts.
  • dochornetdochornet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The Collect missions are still there, but you have to specifically talk to the Scientist or Botanist or whomever the contact person is standing around the various camp teleporters. They just aren't shown the mission journal. I ran my AoD toon through New Romulus and did them all.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    To summarize:

The Romulan recommendation missions (instanced) are still there but will not automatically pop up. You will have to complete (or skip) all missions before it (up to and including Borg Advance) before you can talk to the RomRep representative in your base and only then can you start them (Warning, before you do this, the introductory 5-minute cutscene, unskippable, will always play). They will probably not all pop up, go to the mission journal or talk to the quest giver directly then. Also, Warehouse is no longer optional as it was three or so years ago.

The prerequisite missions need to be done first, so helping out in staging area before warehouse, tagging Nanev somewhere inbetween, collecting plants in the Paehhos crater before you can go to the cave and so on. They move towards 100%, but are not random and can be repeated if you like, though I think there is a cooldown on them (never personally bothered).

The Red Alerts are random missions, insect attack on staging base, Tholian attack in Hwael, moving Nanev towards mother etc. They also get towards 100% and will usually be indicated by a Red Alert warning in the "minor interaction" corner plus a popup. Last time I was on New Rom to get my Jemmies the rep they were still up and running but doomed to fail since (almost) nobody cares for them.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    welcome to RTFOs online. they are removing content to "improve"it but I doubt any of it will ever come back, especially with the news in the other thread no more new solo player content

2w7hdt1.jpg
    Spock.jpg

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah... I wanted to do some of the open mission on New Romulus about 2 weeks ago and they were not there.

I was specifically looking at the Atlai to scan nanovs and also at Hwael Ruins to scan ruins and place scanners on the landscape. The researchers that formerly provided those missions (30 minute cooldown) no longer provide after RTFO went live / Cryptic reorganized the mission journal.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    My level 65 delta can't get the described missing quests from NPC or wrapper. it finished the line inc. the TFO but not t5. (finished t4) Could get the daily epoh quest - tried once only though.

Other delta level ~43 which had finished the line inc. the TFO but not a single rep, can't get those AND couldn't get the daily epoh quest.

Those delta were ofc pre-AoD but since AoD played very non standard way. still, the problem presents for multiple players.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    There must be a bug. Those Open Area Missions are no longer available to any of my characters including my Romulan.

No matter what I do the mission below are not and do not become available.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_The_Atlai

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Paehhos_Crater

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Hwael_Ruins

The Staging Area is the only Open Area Mission still available.

Alerts pop up some times, as they always have. :/
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Is the Romulan Arc gone? Because you had to get the area overall Missions from the Mission Tab. The NPCs for the area overall Missions stopped giving out those Missions a few years ago.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    They still appear in the AVAILABLE Tab in the mission journal for me, just as they have since the journal was shuffled around.

The only exception I've found is the only character I've checked on that had already done them before the journal was moved around.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    edited October 2018
    tyler002 wrote: »
    They still appear in the AVAILABLE Tab in the mission journal for me, just as they have since the journal was shuffled around.

The only exception I've found is the only character I've checked on that had already done them before the journal was moved around.

Not for my two deltas who had finished the NR line after AoD but without having t5 rep yet (one has t4 and other bellow 50 has no rep. yes I knew I would likely have to do some quests again, meant to explore with my deltas, but I didn't mean to ruin chars making some quests unreachable)

I am not very pleased with that streamline it made things messed up.

P.S.
    Just like installation 18, it IS a bug. and it affects multiple players.
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Yeah, had the same issue.
    The game has been one huge bork fest since the mission journal streamlining and AoD launch.
  • thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User

Sure if you haven´t done the missions. After you do them, they are gone. The same like the Wasteland Missions.
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Except for the Staging Area all of the other open world missions seem to be gone.

They are not gone, I thought so too, but when you reach lvl 50 when your rep is unlocked they become available in your available mission tab. It makes sense because before age of discovery you didn't get the new rom storyline until you were lvl 50. So just wait until lvl 50 and you will be able to do them.

Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
    edited October 2018
    kirstiein wrote: »

They are not gone, I thought so too, but when you reach lvl 50 when your rep is unlocked they become available in your available mission tab. It makes sense because before age of discovery you didn't get the new rom storyline until you were lvl 50. So just wait until lvl 50 and you will be able to do them.
    Is that viable that my level 65 char which had finished T4 and TFO and the whole NR line, can't access atlay/phaeos/hawel DAILY collecting quests for reputations just because it's not yet T5? (It has enough rep for getting up to t5, just time gated, but I ask in general) It wasn't like that before and I don't see the need for such a change.
    Beside, we weren't informed T5 is needed for those DAILIES. What else is new?

P.S.
    I am unsure this is the issue and that it will solve once it's T5. We also were not informed how SPECIFICALLY to play this/"how to not ruin the chars" and if it breaks the chars (unknown yet) so easily, I think it would be really bad. Time/T5 will tell, though.

As for my bellow level 50 char who had finished the line, TFO at no rep (due to level), fair point, would wait with that char.

I fear there is a bug though. (If it's not a bug, it's a new annoyance for my level 65 char for example. No it's not by NPC/available for that char.)
    IIRC those dailies were once unlocked by an intro quest that directed the player to do each one in turn, and after doing all of them in that quest, they would unlock for free replay. But they could've changed that at some point, I haven't done them in years.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    kirstiein wrote: »

This doesn't explain though why none of my characters besides my DSC has them in their available tab. My main's also been working through the TFO assignments for completion's sake, nothing in my available tab and nothing at the NR contacts. ;)

(There's a bug thread on this issue, Cryptic appears to be looking into it. Could be a problem similar to what happened with Installation 18. IE. updating the mission journal didn't give everyone the episode permissions they were supposed to have..)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited October 2018
    I did the intro quests on the characters noted! (cutscene does NOT appear again - this quest was done and cleared) Along with the WHOLE official NR line quests which comes then.

Clarification:
    I am sorry if I confused anybody with my reaction to the OTHER thread regarding installation 18 - I only ASKED them to look for that (this NR issue of missing quests) too. This sadly doesn't mean they are looking at this NR issue, OFC. I don't know if there is any linkage but I had this association too, and thought there might be. Either way, both are quests which went broken (for some/me) as AoD hits.

*feeding the edit monster
    for me the new annoyance is a contact button that refuses to go away and is available in the entire staging area...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Look, it's obvious that they scr*wed the pooch with the Mission Journal Streamlining. It's going to take some time to get the Missions to work again.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    for me the new annoyance is a contact button that refuses to go away and is available in the entire staging area...
    My jemmy has two of those, and they're both exactly the same.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    They still haven't fixed the LoR promotion bug yet, so what makes you think they'll put any time or effort into this one?

I recently started another Dil farmer RomKlink, and even he got the intro cutscene to New Rom (makes a good opportunity to go and make a coffee) and he now has all of the Romulan missions in his journal ... At level 10!!!

However, on another alt, who finished the Rom Rep about 2 years ago, and who had also completed (multiple times) all the missions on New Rom, had a completely blank card in the journal when it came to New Rom, (along with several other "relocated" story arcs) no skip, no hail, nothing, just the mission name. Until she sat through the intro cutscene again (while I made a coffee) Then suddenly about 10 "Accolades" popped, and the mission journal opened up a lot more, with 'most' missions now replayable ... Not sure if that will be the case for everyone though.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited November 2018

Sure if you haven´t done the missions. After you do them, they are gone. The same like the Wasteland Missions.

My chars differ in behavior, you are both right for self's char, I guess. But there IS an issue, and a very prevalent one, it seems, even if it doesn't affect all chars in all situation.
    I saw a char which has those and can replay - a very old romulan char I presume. though it's now on T4.

I have other chars which can't get those no matter how.

P.S.
    Also having a non unified behavior regarding site to site transport in NR - though this is not new, it may likely be linked to changes which were done to the line/zone (inserting/removing parts or missions to line/zone (or wrapper) is not a good idea IMO, one way or another) and how and when chars were played, possibly. Chars are almost unplayable on NR and either have enough rep or will likely seek NR rep elsewhere / stall NR rep raising after finishing the line
  • thelematikerthelematiker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    My chars differ in behavior, you are both right for self's char, I guess. But there IS an issue, and a very prevalent one, it seems, even if it doesn't affect all chars in all situation.
    I saw a char which has those and can replay - a very old romulan char I presume. though it's now on T4.

The Rep Stories (which contain some missions) or the Open World Ones (Atlai, Vastam Peak etc.?)

P.S.
    Also having a non unified behavior regarding site to site transport in NR

If you have access to all transporter pads it should work. But I´m not sure currently if its only the pads or the pads and rep on tier 5. Haven´t used the site to site transport for a while.

P.S.
    Also having a non unified behavior regarding site to site transport in NR
    If you have access to all transporter pads it should work. But I´m not sure currently if its only the pads or the pads and rep on tier 5. Haven´t used the site to site transport for a while.
    NR transporters work the same way the ones on Nimbus do. IE, there's a mission to turn them on and after you turn them on you can use them at will.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited November 2018
    @thelematiker this is bugged for some of my not very old chars. I couldn't get the mission but unlocked all transporters. Still, somehow did that allegedly "differently" and game doesn't allows me to use the site to site transport THROUGH ALERTS. I am able to transport by transporter. This allegedly started since they messed up removing/inserting things from/into wrapper/line/adventure zone, which made it possible to "err" by accident, not doing things the exact way or time or order or other condition needed for unlocking. This in general isn't new but as you see there seems to be now an additional aspect or a worsening. (quests. and maybe a more frequent/"less or none fixable" error in transport now. Will see.) Possibly though also auto hail and other lines play a role here, I don't know.

*Speculation post.
    I'm pretty sure that the mission journal change somehow reset the completion status of the teleporter activation.

Also I discovered today that those annoying dialog replay buttons can be made to go away by completing the associated mission. Which is annoying, but at least it's a way to make them stop being there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.