test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nova class: the Ship the Game Forgot

145791044

Comments

  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 55,670 Community Moderator
    The only Lukari ship that is a "prize" ship, is the T5 saucer. The T6 science vessel was an anniversary event ship, and the T6 Fleet boomerang is... well... already covered by reyan.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,022 Arc User
    It looks nothing like a boomerang to me, one of the other unused designs looks more like a boomerang.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    ADDENDUM:

    T6 Oberth Refit Fire Ship
    Sci-Tac, 3/3 Weapons, 3 Device Slots, Secondary Deflector, and an insane buffet of Sci & Tac bonuses. Can Equip Dual Cannons.
    Experimental Weapon: Explodium/Neutronium High-Density Railgun-Torpedo System, 360°-arc.
    Shatters Target Vessel's Shields, and applies 10,000 Kinetic Damage & Knockback to target. Big Explosion on impact & Bigger Explosion if this is the killing blow that destroys target vessel.
    Universal Console: Michael Bay Particle Accelerator/Agitator: +10 power to all weapons, +15 power to Experimental Weapons. If your ship is destroyed, from damage or auto-destruct, all vessels within 10km take Hull Damage equal to your ship's initial Hull Points/SI, ignoring Shields.

    T6 Constellation Tactical Refit
    Eng-Tac, 5/3 weapons or 5/4? 4 Device slots, 2 Hangars & 1 Experimental Weapon tbd, Cruiser & Carrier Commands. Can Equip Dual Cannons.
    Runabout/Delta Flyer/FED Fighters/Tac Shuttle Hangars included.
    More tbd.

    And some Fluff: Sarvour Shipyards has been salvaging wrecked hulks of vessels for generations, supplementing the construction of new hulls. Now, hundreds of rebuilt, fully-retrofitted ships are ready for crews and launch! Built using recovered hulls of Oberth and Constellation-class vessels lost over the course of the past century and the many conflicts the quadrant has seen. These vessels are fully functional and ready for battle!

    "Own a piece of history, and make your opponents history!" - Commodore Sarvour

    I am pleased. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    if anything, though, a 'scout' ship would probably be Andorian or Vulcan design families rather than the Nova, just because it's so 'off' from Starfleet standard.

    I would love an Andorian Scout Ship built as a Sci/Raider hybrid.
    A Vulcan Scout might be a Sci/Stealth Escort hybrid, but not necessarily a raider, but I think the Andorian would work better.

    I am going to ask, honestly hoping for a real answer and not just insults about my intelligence: what is the objection to repurposing an existing hull type so that it falls into an entirely different category of ship? How does that invalidate the old ship in any way, and how can that old classification be used to justify limiting the future options of that hull?

    As an example: At the end of WW1 the London treaty limited the construction of various types of vessels, battleships being the primary class so limited. Many battleships were scrapped to make room for newer ones in navies around the world. There are many instances of those hulls being repurposed.

    As an example, the battlecruisers Lexington and Saratoga, already on the ways and well into their construction, were converted into aircraft carriers. How radical a redesign was that? They even kept cruiser level firepower, (though they only fired those guns to starboard out of fear of damaging the flight deck if they fired across it!) After Pearl Harbor the 8" guns were replaced by the 5" DP to increase their Antiaircraft defenses.

    There were also Cleveland-class light cruisers being built at the outbreak of WWII, and when the US Navy's total compliment of aircraft carriers was 3, (yes, folks, the Ranger, the Enterprise, and the Saratoga were the only ones left at one point,) those Cleveland hulls were sliced at the gundecks and a carrier was built on top. Thus was born the Independence class carriers which were at the time the fastest moving things that could toss airplanes into the sky. They weren't ideal ships, but that was due to many factors having nothing to do with their conversion.

    But carrier conversions aren't the whole story. Look at the long list of MAC and Q-ship designs. Look at the fact that very few coastal monitors began life as warships. Look at the creation of blockade runners from obsolete WWI destroyers.

    Many real life ships began life as one thing and ended up as another. If a light cruiser can be converted to an aircraft carrier or a tugboat converted into a coastal fire support vessel, why can't a raider be given extra shields and a secondary deflector? Sure, it might reduce acceleration and turn radius, and it might even block one of the forward gun positions, but why can't it be done? similarly, why can't a small, nimble science ship be refitted with extra power conduits to forward weapons emplacements so that more powerful dual heavy cannons can be mounted?

    It would be in effect creating a new ship, but the old design would still be there for those who want it. Just like there were still Cleveland class light cruisers when the Independence floated out of drydock with a flight deck on it.

    Why is that a problem?
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,536 Arc User
    > @patrickngo said:
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > patrickngo wrote: »
    >
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > patrickngo wrote: »
    >
    > mustrumridcully0 wrote: »
    >
    > brian334 wrote: »
    >
    > How about this then:
    > Science: Commander, Lieutenant
    > Tactical: Lieutenant
    > Engineering: Lieutenant
    > Universal/Pilot: Lieutenant Commander
    >
    > You could put Intel, Miracle Worker, or anything else in that Universal slot and still have a decent setup if you're specced for it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I already head one take:
    >
    > The Pulsar Project
    >
    > The Nova Class has seen several variations and a major refit with the Rhode Island Refit, however, even that refit is now a decades old. The orginal refit intervals for the ship would have lead to a major update 3 years ago. However, this did not happen.
    >
    > The reasons for this are both political and strategical.
    >
    > Backgrond
    > The 2nd refit of the Nova class was originally titled "Project Equinox", in honor of the ship that was lost in the Delta Quadrant.
    > As the Nova's EPS and warp nacelle design had proven very compatible with it, the project was also combined with research into artificial nucleogenic energy storage.
    >
    > Political Stop of the Project
    > However, 2 years into the project, several logbooks of the U.S.S. Voyager and the U.S.S. Equinox were declassified and became available to the public, and many people though that basing a project and technology on a ship whose crew had acted in such unethical manner was inappropriate. The nucleogenic energy storage was shelved, and the project name for the refit was retracted. However, unknown to Starfleet at the time, the research results had been stolen by Klingon Intelligence.
    >
    > A New Direction
    > Starfleet Engineering returned back to the drawing board for the Nova Retrofit, under a new working title, "Supernova". The idea was to build the ship toward a Scout Ship role that could operate near the Federation borders to conduct short range exploration and reconnaissance.
    >
    > Strategic Stop of the Project
    > When the Iconian War started, Starfleet quickly had to realize that scout ships were not as useful as in more conventional battles, as Iconian ships could appear anywhere at any time, without needing to approach Federation borders. The project was halted, with most of the engineers and researchers focused on cracking Iconian Technology or working on the Odyssey and Intrepid Class project.
    > After the Iconian War, Starfleet was focused on recovering its losses and combining repairs with refits of ships that had seen the most action in the war.
    >
    > Continuation of the Project
    > During the Tzenkethi conflict Starfleet however saw a strong need for a modern scout ship, and the "Supernova" project was continued, with a new title: "Pulsar".
    > And now, the project is completed, and the U.S.S. Pulsar is going to start its maiden voyage soon.
    >
    > Klingon Research
    > The Klingons continued research at artificial nucleogenic technology during the Federation/Klingon war, and they were able to "crack" the technology. They produced an artificial nucleogenic biocell that could store considerably amounts of energy, and an injector assembly that would be compatible with most starships.
    > As part of the Alliance technology sharing, this new device also became part of the Pulsar Class's default specification, while the Klingons included the technology in their Hegh'Ta retrofit.
    >
    >
    > Statistics - Pulsar Scout Ship
    >
    > * Hull Modifier: 0.9 (0.95 Fleet)
    > * Shield Modifier: 1.3 (1.43 Fleet)
    > * Turn Rate: 15
    > * Impulse Modifier: 0.2
    > * Inertial Rating: 60
    > * Bonus Power: +10 Engine Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    > * Secondary Deflector
    > * Weapon Slots: 3 Front, 3 Aft
    > * Device Slots: 3
    > * Consoles: 4 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 4(+1 Fleet Science)
    > * Bridge Officer Seats: Commander Science, Lt.Cmdr Tactical. Lt. Universal|Pilot, Lt.Universal|Intel, Lt.Engineering
    > * Subsystem Targeting
    > * Sensor Analysis
    > * Raider Flanking
    > * Starship Mastery: Precise Weapon Systems, Enhanced Particle Generators, Enhanced Weapon Banks, Enhanced Restorative Circuitry, Holographic Decoy
    > * Holographic Decoy - Starship Mastery Trait
    > When activating Mask Energy Signature, Intel Team or any type of Cloak, you create a holographic decoy that draws aggro for 15 seconds. You can also activate Mask Energy Signature while under fire. This effect can occur only once every 60 seconds.
    >
    >
    > * Universal Console: Nucleogenic Biocell
    > * Passive: +10 % Sector Speed and Impulse Speed, +3 Engine Power
    > * Active (Nucleogenic Biocell Infusion): You gain +20 to all Power Levels and Max Power Levels for 15 seconds and restore any disabled subsystem. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
    > * Synergy (with Photonic Displaced Console):
    > * 2 Piece Bonus: Lower both consoles cooldown by 15 seconds, and +20 Exotic Particle Generators
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Statistics - Hegh'Ta Bird of Prey T6
    >
    > * Hull Modifier: 0.8 (0.88 Fleet)
    > * Shield Modifier: 0.9 (0.95 Fleet)
    > * Turn Rate: 21
    > * Impulse Modifier: 0.2
    > * Inertial Rating: 60
    > * Bonus Power: +15 Weapon Power, +5 Engine Power
    > * Weapon Slots: 4 Front, 2 Aft
    > * Can Equip Dual Cannons
    > * Device Slots: 2
    > * Consoles: 3 Tactical (+1 Fleet), 3 Engineering, 4 Science
    > * Bridge Officer Seats: Commander Universal, Lt.Cmdr Universal. Lt. Universal|Pilot, Lt.Universal|Intel, Ensign Universal
    > * Raider Flanking
    > * Battle Cloak
    > * Starship Mastery: Precise Weapon Systems, Tactical Maneuvering, Enhanced Weapon Banks, Enhanced Weapon Banks, Holographic Decoy
    > * Holographic Decoy - Starship Mastery Trait
    > When activating Mask Energy Signature, Intel Team or any type of Cloak, you create a holographic decoy that draws aggro for 15 seconds. You can also activate Mask Energy Signature while under fire. This effect can occur only once every 60 seconds.
    >
    >
    > * Universal Console: Nucleogenic Biocell
    > * Passive: +10 % Sector Speed and Impulse Speed, +3 Engine Power
    > * Active (Nucleogenic Biocell Infusion): You gain +20 to all Power Levels and Max Power Levels for 15 seconds and restore any disabled subsystem. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
    > * Synergy (with Photonic Displaced Console):
    > * 2 Piece Bonus: Lower both consoles cooldown by 15 seconds, and +20 Exotic Particle Generators
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Mistake Here: Science vessels aren't raiders, and Bird of Prey don't have seats for four.
    >
    > The correction would be to remove Raider Flanking (it's a bloody science ship!) from the Supernova, and convert the Ensign and Lt. seats to a single LTC Universal. (Which also saves Cryptic some development time for both stat blocks, since they can use teh same wireframes and some existing statistics instead of giving a federation science ship raider flanking and a KDF bird of prey five seats.)
    >
    > Further, to differentiate from other ships, the Hegh'ta would ideally carry 4 Science consoles, 3 Tac, 3 Engineering, with the fleet version gaining an extra tac console. (BoPs which are BoPs and not Kelvin battlecloaking escorts do not come with 5 of ANY console, any more than coming with 5 seats.)
    >
    > This also fits with the BoP's traditional in-game role as ersatz science ship, as opposed to treading into Pilot Escort/raptor country, and running Com/LTC/LTC/Lt for bridge stack can, with even 4 consoles, be pretty nasty for the science powers, esp. coupled with decloaking and flanking bonuses-more than making up for only 3 tac consoles in creative hands.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Dranuur_Scout_Ship
    > "Scout Ships are a unique combination of Science Vessel capabilities, in a much smaller, faster and more fragile package. They come with built-in Sensor Analysis and Subsystem Targeting, as well as a Secondary Deflector slot, and are able to benefit from Raider Flanking bonuses as well. These nimble vessels are also similar to a Raider in that they boast an abundance of universal bridge officer seats, can load dual cannons, and have similar weapon slot configurations."
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ahem, "Not built by Starfleet". more to the point, the Dranuur is a prize ship, not a c-store ship, and it NEEDS to have its own gimmick.
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a Fleet ship obtained via the C-store, using five Fleet ship modules, when a T5 Colony is acheived.
    >
    > And "not built by Starfleet" isn't the point here - the point is that a sub-class of ship - 'Scout' - exists, and much like the 'Destroyer' sub-class being a Escort-Cruiser hybrid, scouts are..... well, the description outlines that.
    > Furthermore, the description of what 'Scout ships' are doesn't actually reference the Dranuur scout specifically.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > point being, how many 'Scout' ships have you seen in the c-store? (or destroyers?) I mean, certainly I could see them doing just exactly that with a homebrew design, but the Nova is already a science vessel, and they didn't change the classification/category with anything else the've promoted to Tier Six.
    >
    > IOW you may be getting just a touch too ambitious with your design request, though there IS the flight-deck-qin which shares a platform with the tier Six Flight Deck escort-thing there, was bringing a KDF design to 'fill out' sales for a niche Starfleet ship with a reasonable match of capabilities. (Similar to giving a flight deck to the Gorn science vessel-it was to 'regularize' it with the Fed version that was an update/upgrade of an existing fed design with those capabilities that was getting the promotion.)
    >
    > if anything, though, a 'scout' ship would probably be Andorian or Vulcan design families rather than the Nova, just because it's so 'off' from Starfleet standard.

    In all fairness it's not my design request, it's @mustrumridcully0

    I'm not really overly concerned about the specifics and always assumed a possible T6 Nova would be, like all the T6 canon ships before, a upgraded version of the T5 ship.

    Honestly though, it's the quality pass I want most of all. The current model really looks its age and is irritatingly inaccurate.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    After Cryptic makes the quality pass and releases the T6 ships that fill our wish lists, the next project for them is to make a TOS Oberth Temporal Light Science Vessel.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RWb-N2Vh__c
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

    "There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

    PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,022 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    After Cryptic makes the quality pass and releases the T6 ships that fill our wish lists, the next project for them is to make a TOS Oberth Temporal Light Science Vessel.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RWb-N2Vh__c
    The Oberth and the Nova are the remaining two ships from the four ship poll they last did, they are both the next two ships that they will likely make T6 ships of in whatever order.

  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,958 Arc User
    There isn't really a need to go into deep discussions whether Cryptic would be willing to change ships classification or use specific stats. It's more for fun and inspiration. When they released the first Scout Vessel, it sounded t me like it might be a perfect fit for a Nova. From time to time, Cryptic surprises us, and sometimes they... don't.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,022 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The only Lukari ship that is a "prize" ship, is the T5 saucer.
    Honestly the saucers on the Federation ships from TOS look more like saucers than the Lukari oval ship, the Lukari ship looks like an oval vacuum robot.

  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    How about a compromise on the part of Cryptic? Assign both the Nova and Luna classes as cosmetic options for existing T6 science ships? Selecting either would make available any cosmetic options for each respective class, and restricting them to those options only. Additionally, the Nova could be locked behind the C-store pay wall, in that you would need to unlock it as a T6 cosmetic option by purchasing the T2 version.
    18EOWbV.jpg

    They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,536 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @patrickngo said:
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > patrickngo wrote: »
    >
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > patrickngo wrote: »
    >
    > mustrumridcully0 wrote: »
    >
    > brian334 wrote: »
    >
    > How about this then:
    > Science: Commander, Lieutenant
    > Tactical: Lieutenant
    > Engineering: Lieutenant
    > Universal/Pilot: Lieutenant Commander
    >
    > You could put Intel, Miracle Worker, or anything else in that Universal slot and still have a decent setup if you're specced for it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I already head one take:
    >
    > The Pulsar Project
    >
    > The Nova Class has seen several variations and a major refit with the Rhode Island Refit, however, even that refit is now a decades old. The orginal refit intervals for the ship would have lead to a major update 3 years ago. However, this did not happen.
    >
    > The reasons for this are both political and strategical.
    >
    > Backgrond
    > The 2nd refit of the Nova class was originally titled "Project Equinox", in honor of the ship that was lost in the Delta Quadrant.
    > As the Nova's EPS and warp nacelle design had proven very compatible with it, the project was also combined with research into artificial nucleogenic energy storage.
    >
    > Political Stop of the Project
    > However, 2 years into the project, several logbooks of the U.S.S. Voyager and the U.S.S. Equinox were declassified and became available to the public, and many people though that basing a project and technology on a ship whose crew had acted in such unethical manner was inappropriate. The nucleogenic energy storage was shelved, and the project name for the refit was retracted. However, unknown to Starfleet at the time, the research results had been stolen by Klingon Intelligence.
    >
    > A New Direction
    > Starfleet Engineering returned back to the drawing board for the Nova Retrofit, under a new working title, "Supernova". The idea was to build the ship toward a Scout Ship role that could operate near the Federation borders to conduct short range exploration and reconnaissance.
    >
    > Strategic Stop of the Project
    > When the Iconian War started, Starfleet quickly had to realize that scout ships were not as useful as in more conventional battles, as Iconian ships could appear anywhere at any time, without needing to approach Federation borders. The project was halted, with most of the engineers and researchers focused on cracking Iconian Technology or working on the Odyssey and Intrepid Class project.
    > After the Iconian War, Starfleet was focused on recovering its losses and combining repairs with refits of ships that had seen the most action in the war.
    >
    > Continuation of the Project
    > During the Tzenkethi conflict Starfleet however saw a strong need for a modern scout ship, and the "Supernova" project was continued, with a new title: "Pulsar".
    > And now, the project is completed, and the U.S.S. Pulsar is going to start its maiden voyage soon.
    >
    > Klingon Research
    > The Klingons continued research at artificial nucleogenic technology during the Federation/Klingon war, and they were able to "crack" the technology. They produced an artificial nucleogenic biocell that could store considerably amounts of energy, and an injector assembly that would be compatible with most starships.
    > As part of the Alliance technology sharing, this new device also became part of the Pulsar Class's default specification, while the Klingons included the technology in their Hegh'Ta retrofit.
    >
    >
    > Statistics - Pulsar Scout Ship
    >
    > * Hull Modifier: 0.9 (0.95 Fleet)
    > * Shield Modifier: 1.3 (1.43 Fleet)
    > * Turn Rate: 15
    > * Impulse Modifier: 0.2
    > * Inertial Rating: 60
    > * Bonus Power: +10 Engine Power, +10 Auxiliary Power
    > * Secondary Deflector
    > * Weapon Slots: 3 Front, 3 Aft
    > * Device Slots: 3
    > * Consoles: 4 Tactical, 2 Engineering, 4(+1 Fleet Science)
    > * Bridge Officer Seats: Commander Science, Lt.Cmdr Tactical. Lt. Universal|Pilot, Lt.Universal|Intel, Lt.Engineering
    > * Subsystem Targeting
    > * Sensor Analysis
    > * Raider Flanking
    > * Starship Mastery: Precise Weapon Systems, Enhanced Particle Generators, Enhanced Weapon Banks, Enhanced Restorative Circuitry, Holographic Decoy
    > * Holographic Decoy - Starship Mastery Trait
    > When activating Mask Energy Signature, Intel Team or any type of Cloak, you create a holographic decoy that draws aggro for 15 seconds. You can also activate Mask Energy Signature while under fire. This effect can occur only once every 60 seconds.
    >
    >
    > * Universal Console: Nucleogenic Biocell
    > * Passive: +10 % Sector Speed and Impulse Speed, +3 Engine Power
    > * Active (Nucleogenic Biocell Infusion): You gain +20 to all Power Levels and Max Power Levels for 15 seconds and restore any disabled subsystem. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
    > * Synergy (with Photonic Displaced Console):
    > * 2 Piece Bonus: Lower both consoles cooldown by 15 seconds, and +20 Exotic Particle Generators
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Statistics - Hegh'Ta Bird of Prey T6
    >
    > * Hull Modifier: 0.8 (0.88 Fleet)
    > * Shield Modifier: 0.9 (0.95 Fleet)
    > * Turn Rate: 21
    > * Impulse Modifier: 0.2
    > * Inertial Rating: 60
    > * Bonus Power: +15 Weapon Power, +5 Engine Power
    > * Weapon Slots: 4 Front, 2 Aft
    > * Can Equip Dual Cannons
    > * Device Slots: 2
    > * Consoles: 3 Tactical (+1 Fleet), 3 Engineering, 4 Science
    > * Bridge Officer Seats: Commander Universal, Lt.Cmdr Universal. Lt. Universal|Pilot, Lt.Universal|Intel, Ensign Universal
    > * Raider Flanking
    > * Battle Cloak
    > * Starship Mastery: Precise Weapon Systems, Tactical Maneuvering, Enhanced Weapon Banks, Enhanced Weapon Banks, Holographic Decoy
    > * Holographic Decoy - Starship Mastery Trait
    > When activating Mask Energy Signature, Intel Team or any type of Cloak, you create a holographic decoy that draws aggro for 15 seconds. You can also activate Mask Energy Signature while under fire. This effect can occur only once every 60 seconds.
    >
    >
    > * Universal Console: Nucleogenic Biocell
    > * Passive: +10 % Sector Speed and Impulse Speed, +3 Engine Power
    > * Active (Nucleogenic Biocell Infusion): You gain +20 to all Power Levels and Max Power Levels for 15 seconds and restore any disabled subsystem. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
    > * Synergy (with Photonic Displaced Console):
    > * 2 Piece Bonus: Lower both consoles cooldown by 15 seconds, and +20 Exotic Particle Generators
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Mistake Here: Science vessels aren't raiders, and Bird of Prey don't have seats for four.
    >
    > The correction would be to remove Raider Flanking (it's a bloody science ship!) from the Supernova, and convert the Ensign and Lt. seats to a single LTC Universal. (Which also saves Cryptic some development time for both stat blocks, since they can use teh same wireframes and some existing statistics instead of giving a federation science ship raider flanking and a KDF bird of prey five seats.)
    >
    > Further, to differentiate from other ships, the Hegh'ta would ideally carry 4 Science consoles, 3 Tac, 3 Engineering, with the fleet version gaining an extra tac console. (BoPs which are BoPs and not Kelvin battlecloaking escorts do not come with 5 of ANY console, any more than coming with 5 seats.)
    >
    > This also fits with the BoP's traditional in-game role as ersatz science ship, as opposed to treading into Pilot Escort/raptor country, and running Com/LTC/LTC/Lt for bridge stack can, with even 4 consoles, be pretty nasty for the science powers, esp. coupled with decloaking and flanking bonuses-more than making up for only 3 tac consoles in creative hands.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Dranuur_Scout_Ship
    > "Scout Ships are a unique combination of Science Vessel capabilities, in a much smaller, faster and more fragile package. They come with built-in Sensor Analysis and Subsystem Targeting, as well as a Secondary Deflector slot, and are able to benefit from Raider Flanking bonuses as well. These nimble vessels are also similar to a Raider in that they boast an abundance of universal bridge officer seats, can load dual cannons, and have similar weapon slot configurations."
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ahem, "Not built by Starfleet". more to the point, the Dranuur is a prize ship, not a c-store ship, and it NEEDS to have its own gimmick.
    >
    >
    >
    > It's a Fleet ship obtained via the C-store, using five Fleet ship modules, when a T5 Colony is acheived.
    >
    > And "not built by Starfleet" isn't the point here - the point is that a sub-class of ship - 'Scout' - exists, and much like the 'Destroyer' sub-class being a Escort-Cruiser hybrid, scouts are..... well, the description outlines that.
    > Furthermore, the description of what 'Scout ships' are doesn't actually reference the Dranuur scout specifically.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > point being, how many 'Scout' ships have you seen in the c-store? (or destroyers?) I mean, certainly I could see them doing just exactly that with a homebrew design, but the Nova is already a science vessel, and they didn't change the classification/category with anything else the've promoted to Tier Six.
    >
    > IOW you may be getting just a touch too ambitious with your design request, though there IS the flight-deck-qin which shares a platform with the tier Six Flight Deck escort-thing there, was bringing a KDF design to 'fill out' sales for a niche Starfleet ship with a reasonable match of capabilities. (Similar to giving a flight deck to the Gorn science vessel-it was to 'regularize' it with the Fed version that was an update/upgrade of an existing fed design with those capabilities that was getting the promotion.)
    >
    > if anything, though, a 'scout' ship would probably be Andorian or Vulcan design families rather than the Nova, just because it's so 'off' from Starfleet standard.

    In all fairness it's not my design request, it's @mustrumridcully0

    I'm not really overly concerned about the specifics and always assumed a possible T6 Nova would be, like all the T6 canon ships before, a upgraded version of the T5 ship.

    Honestly though, it's the quality pass I want most of all. The current model really looks its age and is irritatingly inaccurate.

    even as a non-fed (My token Feddie sits gathering dust, she might even hve been kicked from her fleet by now, I don't know.) I'll have to agree with your basic request-because the Nova is a nifty looking design.

    for my part, I think a 'tanking" ability on a science ship might be nifty for a trait-reflecting the Equinox's ability to survive a sustained seige by angry, shield-and-walls defying aliens trying to tear it apart while travelling at speeds well in excess of what it was designed to survive, much less sustain, it seems like the ideal place to give a sci ship a real "Zombie" ability to just eat brutal damage and keep going, while dishing the psychotic space-magic.

    Totally agree - I don't think the USS Equinox gets the credit it deserves to be honest. People tend to think of it that 'beat up little science ship' from the episode of the same name. However, put it into context for a moment and look at what that little ship had to endure:

    - being forcefully dragged into the Delta Quadrant in the same manner as Voyager
    - repeated, persistent, attacks from the Krowtonan Guard (resulting in almost half the crew being killed
    - several years of travelling unsupported (and lest we forget the Equinox didn't have the resources that Voyager had, had a much reduced crew complement (their Chief Engineer was an Ensign for example).
    - being attacked by the nucleogenic lifeforms
    Hell, she even survived being attacked by an Intrepid class Starship - not unscathed, I know, but nonetheless she was still operable.

    As for the model - one of the most grating issues, for me, is that darned deflector dish. The Eaglemoss model has that spot on:
    IMG_20170702_140831.jpg
    NOT this!:
    Jlunlv5.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,022 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Because the ship doesn't have its own named material, it's using one of the generic materials.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,536 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    - several years of travelling unsupported (and lest we forget the Equinox didn't have the resources that Voyager had, had a much reduced crew complement (their Chief Engineer was an Ensign for example).
    Was their Chief Engineer an Ensign because the ship was a small ship, or because the previous Chief Engineer got eaten by space nasties, though?

    More importantly, do you really want a ship that has the highest-level Eng seat as Ensign-only?

    She was 'Acting Chief Engineer' indicating that she had to step up, which suggests the chief engineer was one of those killed during the Krowtonan Guard attacks.

    And that shouldn't reflect on the STO model, although that would very likely retain the Lt Eng that the FT5-U version has.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    After Cryptic makes the quality pass and releases the T6 ships that fill our wish lists, the next project for them is to make a TOS Oberth Temporal Light Science Vessel.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RWb-N2Vh__c


    O.o!


    <3

    ROCK ON!
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

    Burn it...burn it with plasma fire.

    ~Slips off one of her stilettos and throws it at Napalm~

    Quiet, yous!

    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,822 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

    Burn it...burn it with plasma fire.

    ~Slips off one of her stilettos and throws it at Napalm~

    Quiet, yous!

    In my opinion Coldnapalm had the right idea.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • petlan76petlan76 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    OMG - Kael just referred to it in the livestream. Thomas IS aware that it's overdue and referenced it!!!
    :o:o:o:o

    I so much hope it's happening soon... for your and for my delight.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,453 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »

    Burn it...burn it with plasma fire.

    ~Slips off one of her stilettos and throws it at Napalm~

    Quiet, yous!

    In my opinion Coldnapalm had the right idea.

    well, the comments on the video seem to be positive. I personally like that design.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    ...Scouts are what you put in front of an invasion fleet, or out to locate one-and such an obviously military design with no other real purpose runs counter to the Federation's doctrine...

    And yet in TAS there was a ship operated by Cyrano Jones classified as a Federation Scout. In TMP there were two scouts named on screen. In TNG there was this baby, and guess what ship class is designated science ship and scout?

    The Federation does indeed build and field scouts, from runabout size to the almost-destroyer-sized Hermes class from TMP. You don't see them in action very much because their role is not that of a full sized warship. They are couriers, communications, picket, and skirmish forces, and the hero ships of the movies and series are either far away from any lines manned by scouts or in battles where no sane scout captain would take his ship.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,252 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Damn it, long overdue for a tier 6 Nova. My wallet is ready.

    Only thing that would be more epic, if I could mount aux DC. I'd bounce off walls. Or an AUX DBB or AUX omni. Come on cryptic. DO EEITTTT.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

    http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,536 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    Damn it, long overdue for a tier 6 Nova. My wallet is ready.

    Only thing that would be more epic, if I could mount aux DC. I'd bounce off walls. Or an AUX DBB or AUX omni. Come on cryptic. DO EEITTTT.

    My wallet has been ready for it for over four years ;)
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Everyone has different likes and dislikes, everybody is different. It's natural and a part of being human.
    Nastiness toward others because of what they do or don't like is petty and ignorant. Also Arrogant.
    I may not be the biggest fan of the Galaxy & Intrepid classes, but I am not going to run off telling others what to like/dislike, nor will I vilify or abuse someone based on their preferences/opinions.
    The Star Trek community should be more mature, more enlightened and civilized than that.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

    "There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

    PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
This discussion has been closed.