test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

13»

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    ok, Arena of Sompak is bugged, after 2 rounds no more enemies showed up, 10 minutes went by 0 enemies, during lightning round, at one point we all ended up dead, I got 0 credit and a 30 min penalty and nothing to show for it,
    How do i go about getting my free token since i did by right start it and it was only due to a glitch that i was unable to complete 5 rounds. Please advise ASAP, need to do this 2 more times before it ends.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks-despite herculean effort, we won't be able to fix the Arena for tomorrow, so in about forty minutes, we're going to switch the Arena off and switch Borg Red Alert on for the weekend on PC.

We'll bring the event back when we have it fully fixed.
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    So, basically, those who were able to get tokens and items are good, but those of us who couldn't because of the bugs are f***ed?

If this is the course you are taking, you need to compensate everyone with 3 tokens to make up for this.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    i will be happy with the 1 token i lost cause it fked up after 2 rounds :).
  • voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Solution: Just give a daily token for borg alert)
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    So, basically, those who were able to get tokens and items are good, but those of us who couldn't because of the bugs are f***ed?

If this is the course you are taking, you need to compensate everyone with 3 tokens to make up for this.

While I share the sentiment that some form of compensation is in order, I very highly doubt they will give 3 tokens/vouchers out, for the simple fact that it is 1 token per account per day. There is no way that anyone earned 3 today; if people have the new shield, it's more than likely because they had 2 extra lying around from the last one, and had their match go the required distance today. No one is out more than 1 token, period.

Most I see them doing is giving us 1 token/voucher, but more willing to bet it would be a 'we're going to extend it by a day to make up for last time' instead.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    No problem, Kael, tell the egg heads to take their time, do what they can.

As someone who seen how coding works, I know the sorta headache it can be. :s
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • goroshinorigoroshinori Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hey folks-despite herculean effort, we won't be able to fix the Arena for tomorrow, so in about forty minutes, we're going to switch the Arena off and switch Borg Red Alert on for the weekend on PC.

Thanks for the heads up. @ambassadorkael#6946 , any chance you guys will comp us a completion reward pack for this? I made 5 attempts and all 5 bugged at rounds 3, 23, 9, 2, and again at 3. (I only need one more voucher to get my next toy from the store.) Even when we got past round 4 couldn't convince anyone to just 5 and out, everyone had to experience the bugs for themselves. It was interesting that it failed two different ways, one with everything just going quiet and the other with invisible enemies throwing down lightning grenades/strikes.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Eh, it's not like the shield can be earned only at this one time - it will stay in weekend event store and wait until we pay 3 vouchers for it (actually until others do it - I had 3 surplus vouchers from other weekend events left).
  • alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Borks on my LTS and I don't get a leaver debuff yet my F2P gets one.

Not sure if that counts as P2W or not.

Can't say in your case, but I just got a penalty on my LTS account. Crashed to desktop when trying to enter Defense of Starbase One. After verifying and signing back in, I find I have an AFK penalty.

Broken events. Penalizing players for the unstable game crashing. STO is a true mess.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The new items seems like it's too specialized just for this event.
    Stats will be worth a look, even if it's simply on par with VR gear it'll still find some use while leveling (remember: account reclaim and these all scale with player level. ;) )
    Note: store stats show no mark and look like rank X stats. Good capacity, regeneration, and three specials: 5% energy damage reduction, 30% electrical, and a fun one. You get a movement speed buff every time you hit an enemy with an electrical attack.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • nikfosternikfoster Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    No bugs for my only run i made, it was timed version and all gone smooth, get the token, and nex morning was surprised that they removed it. Too bad, its nice place to test gear survivability...
    Also borg alert give no 50% bonus as picture in hail screen says :(
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    replacing a ground map with a space one is no good !! first contact day map would be better !!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

Will we still be able to earn the vouchers or is that aspect postponed as well?
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Im glad they removed it getting to round 10 to have leave and get no rewards and a leavers penalty left a bad taste in my mouth. Just my advice but maybe run the event and make sure it works as a lot pf players were annoyed by this bug
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keladorkelador Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited October 2018

That really sucks got 2 tokens left over from last time tried 5 times last night to get that 1 extra token with no luck due to the bugs... lot of wasted time and all i wanted was 1 more token lol

I recently came back after a very long break and the experience so far has been less than good seems STO has gradually gotten worse over the years lots of bugs and economy that is sky high guess I will move on and hope another trek game comes along in the future.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    We asked you to do one simple thing

https://youtu.be/ekPBA4QxMb8

and you killed Sompek instead
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • stormcrow#8086 stormcrow Member Posts: 23 Arc User

I know Hercules is the cool guy buuuuuuttttt it's time to channel some "Epomethian" effort now and a huge dash of "Promethean" effort before it opens again ;)

Why, exactly, do you make the Arena a special thing, why not leave it in the TFO all the time and just do the special award event? It seems to me that it would help keep the arena up with code, ya know?
  • petlan76petlan76 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

A pity it's broken, I hope I'll be able to play when it's fixed.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited October 2018

So...when will that be? Still this weekend?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    I'm not getting the Weekend Event Voucher for the Borg Red Alerts either - tried multiple times too
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    So Sompek was replaced with a Borg Alert due to bugs. The event has been canceled until the bugs are addressed.

At last those of us who got a token have a head start on when it does return.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Someone may want to remove the notice on the launcher that Sompek is running this weekend. I've already heard from a couple of fleetmates that they can't find Sompek in the queue UI. I had to explain to them that Sompek got pulled due to a bug.

Not everyone reads the forums, but I'd guess everyone does see the launcher when they log in. So removing the mention of Sompek may save some headaches for GM's and CS.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    After 3 attempts with random no-shows by the mobs, one of which gave my LTS a 30-minute Leaver Penalty, the highest I got was Round 22. Finally wised up and ran it as a Timed version, it got to Round 17 before it crapped out, and then we just sat around with our thumbs up....well you get the idea...for about 6 or 7 minutes until the timer ran down and kicked us out. On the positive side, at least I got the token for that run.
  • njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    So I made it to round 18 got my token and spent my saved tokens to get the shield. I had no clue it was bugged before I spent my saved tokens. I don't think I would have spent them on the shield if I knew it was bugged and would have been taken down. Hopefully when they do fix it they run it again on a weekend because that's the only time I get to play at this time of year. If they add a day in the middle of the week I won't be able to recoup my saved tokens. I really like this event. Please run it again (when it gets fixed) for the full 4 days starting on a Thursday.
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Borg Red Alert!!! Who cares about Borg Red Alert. If Sompek is broken, fine. Give us the voucher by playing another event and you people fix Sompek as soon as possible. Borg Red Alert is NOT bad, but it's nothing. Borg Red Alert pays nothing worth mentioning. It's probably the least challenge there is. Fine upgrade Borg Red Alert so we can earn the voucher. Is that hard to do?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Sorry, folks! Sompek will return as will the thread when it is fixed. Thank you for your understanding and patience. /Thread

vVFJ4Ql.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.