test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

walking in game?

viceadmiralwhiteviceadmiralwhite Member Posts: 37 Arc User
is there a way for the character to walk instead of running all the time in game?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes, there is a walk function, but I don't think it has a key by default.
    The first thing I do when I create a new toon is to type "/bind g ++walk" no quotes, into the chat box.
    It sets G as a toggle for walk. You could use any key you like. There might be other ways, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I just type /walk 1
    and then I walk when I want, and /walk 0
    when I want to not walk.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I think its bound to shift by default. I may have accicentally pressed it sometime.
  • Options
    psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Shift is sprinting -> running faster.
    I Keep "T" pressed for Walking - not sure if that is Standard but works even on a new created one.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    There is a way in your options>keybinds. You can set walk to any key, though you have to keep it pressed to walk. I like the walk 1 command better, thanks bloodyriz.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Shift is sprinting -> running faster.
    I Keep "T" pressed for Walking - not sure if that is Standard but works even on a new created one.
    Well control or alt then, one of them anyway, I forget which.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    There is a way in your options>keybinds. You can set walk to any key, though you have to keep it pressed to walk. I like the walk 1 command better, thanks bloodyriz.

My pleasure, with the lag on the new DS9 I am always walking there so I do not outrun my laptops ability to cope.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
This discussion has been closed.