test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arena of Sompek

nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
Everything was fine up until round 8, then nothing spawned so we couldn't continue. Someone else in another instance was saying theirs broke on wave 2.
https://imgur.com/a/Zy9dYnJ
DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
Tagged:

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    My team got frozen round 3 on timed - 16+ minutes of lightning round… :/
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Enemies stopped spawning for my team at round 3.

It was a lightning round so we managed to kill ourselves in ~4 minutes after we realized the mission had broken. (Yes, 4min is a bit long, but some players took some convincing, and chasing lightning is not as easy as being chased by lightning.)

Unfortunately, not high-enough round to get any rewards, and we all got slapped with the 30min cooldown.

During the mission:
    1. One player in my team stated that this was their second broken mission - their first attempt broke in round 10.
    2. Another player in Zone 11 indicated their mission was broken in round 2
    3. A third player in Zone 8 indicated their mission was also broken but did not indicate what round they were on.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Bugged at 3, bugged at 8.
  • geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It bugged for me during the lightning round. Can't remember if we had these rounds before.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Hey folks, we're looking into this right now. I'll hopefully have some more info soon.
  • downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Bugged out at level 2 left got a leaver penalty ( WHICH JUST PISSES ME OFF TO NO END ) tried again and Bugged out at Level 3.

Really how much more of this game can they break and NOT fix I'm getting tilled and fell like I'm about ready to totally walk away from the game and all the bull TRIBBLE patch re patch fix NO fix " oh we can't do anything about this issues please refer to the forums for help " garbage!

Putting a ticket in and making me come HERE to find a solution, just to find out there is no help and everyone is in the same boat is very distasteful.

( SHOUT OUT TO THE DEV'S PROGRAMMERS & ANYONE THAT CODES THE GAME --- FIX THE PROBLEMS SHUT YOUR GAME DOWN FOR A WEEK FIX IT ALL AND GIVE US A GAME THAT WORKS )
    4c02cccf09523a701c0e4f3b9aa56374.jpg
    Where it all began
  • scrappyjwgscrappyjwg Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    broke on multiple runs. some on round 3 some when spawning in. some when deep in. had about 4 runs where broke by round 3.

my favourite was the one that started at round 2 and nothing happened on timed. leavers penalty but wasnt waiting around for it to end
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    We made it to round 40 on my first attempt with no glitches.

Next three tries, bugged when we entered the arena - no enemies spawned and it started at round 2.

First one gave me a leaver penalty. Switched alts - Second one did not. Third gave penalty.

Fourth attempt (yes, I'm a glutton, but really like this event), glitched at round 8 - leaver penalty and no rewards.

Post edited by wideningxgyre on
  • malgoonmalgoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Didn't even get to round one, arena appeared but nothing happened
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    For the time being, here's a strategy you can use that is still in he "spirit" of the game (ie: not 5-N-die):
    1. Play the timed version of Sompek
    2. Hope you get to Round 5 or greater
    3a. If the mission breaks during a Lightning or Hazard round, convince everyone on your team to kill their toons
    3b. If the mission breaks during a "calm" round, you need to wait out the remainder of the 20min. I also recommend occasionally activating an ability to prevent a possible AFK penalty.

This will get you a Weekend Voucher.

NOTE: If you don't get to Round 5 and get the Cooldown (AND you have an Account Bank), you can switch to a different toon for another chance to get to Round 5+. Weekend Vouchers are account-bound so you can trade it back to your main. Also, you can only get 1 Weekend Voucher per account every 20hours.
  • valda7of3valda7of3 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same for me broken 2 times on entering and made to wave 8 and bugged.
  • maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Bump..bump.. First one bugged after wave 1, 2nd wave never spawned and second time beamed in and wave 1 never spawned.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Entered the game nothing spawned, went right to round two and the team waited nothing happened so we left. Still waiting out the leaver penalty.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • scrappyjwgscrappyjwg Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @nikolunus said:
    > Entered the game nothing spawned, went right to round two and the team waited nothing happened so we left. Still waiting out the leaver penalty.

was you in my game by any chance. that happened to me haha right to round 2 and nothing happened. thin one person sat it out
  • voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    glitch 4 times in a row...
    I hope event will be prolonged after fix, cos those daily tokens matters
  • solonar#0525 solonar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    twice in a row at round ten for me
    sig111_zpsu4di8nom.jpg
    Society of Shadows 18 year Member
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Question for the dev's, while you are fixing sompek can you unlock the sompek pulsewave riffle for new toons on accounts that have already earned the rifle. All the other items from the prior Sompeks can be reclaimed on any toon including new ones but the pulsewave.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • huachaos#5075 huachaos Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Frozen on level 23.....thanks for releasing this TRIBBLE
  • huachaos#5075 huachaos Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Also, thanks for the leaver penalty on top of the horribly bugged arena.... I think some sort of reimbursement is warranted
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    only played twice so far, clear Round One then nothing, got leavers penalty, switch toon, got to round 37 and cleared then nothing, quit.
    I assume if you play timed one you can just hang around till timer runs out but what about non timed, does that time out.

Any way to kill yourself if bugged and not on lightning round?
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Our team made it to round 16 and then ran out of enemies to fight. I am going to assume we have overloaded the ship's holo-emitters.

I gave up waiting after roughly 5 minutes and now have a leaver penalty.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    3 bugs in round 2 in a row :(
    Dear Devs, please end event now, fix bugs and _then_ restart it. + Extend by one day.
    Currently its not worth to begin. Thx.
  • rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Twice in a row, once on round 9 so got lighning'd to death and once on Round 16 in a damn good group.
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    My first run was bugged on round 3, like a few others it would appear. I'm also hearing that Engineer Fabrications may be causing this issue.

Again.

Since the character I want to use for this in an Engineer, I'm not sure I want to even bother with it anymore this time around. Sure, I may not want to go past round 5, but I'm not going to mess things up for those that do.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • skarratskarrat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My guess is that they added a couple of new teams and forgot to add a spawn point for one of them. Haven't seen any Hur'q in the arena for now...
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Abassador Kael you also can't start the reputation project either
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Abassador Kael you also can't start the reputation project either

Also, the description when you click Info>Arena of Sompek Event Information>How do I Earn Merit of Sompek - it states you need 14 Merit of Sompek to get the reward, rather than 3 weekend vouchers.

You can, seemingly, claim the prize in the store if you have 3 weekend vouchers or by clicking "use" on a voucher - however, until the claiming mechanism is fixed, I don't plan to test it, even if I have plenty of weekend vouchers.