What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery toon crashing

Crashing when i login using Discovery toon that is on DS9 , very frustrating

Comments

• arcasul19831arcasul19831 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    i have same problem
  • sonoftalonsonoftalon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    well atleast u can log in. I get to the character screen and then 1 sec later connection time out while loading
  • espiegle#8326 espiegle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same problem and it migrated to all my other characters.
  • espiegle#8326 espiegle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This fixed the problem for me. i uninstalled via windows then i deleted the entire STO folder and that forced a complete re-install.
  • andromeda981andromeda981 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I have the same issue. The game can't load or is having issues with the "Crd_Ds9_Ground.Zone" file. Claiming it dosn't exist or is the wrong version when the launcher has verified 100%
  • curnutte1curnutte1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same issues. If I load a character not on DS9 everything is fine and as soon as they beam over to ds9 poof the game disapears and only the error message about the crd_DS9_Ground.Zone is left and 2 of my characters are trapped on ds9
    why is there no official reply ... same problem with crd_DS9_Ground.Zone ffs... i don't want to reinstall my entire game, i don't have such a good internet connection, and it's limited.
    I found a thread on reddit, that was saying "You need to delete the data.hogg and bins.hogg files for the Launcher to redownload those two files which will allow you access to DS9 again", but sadly I can't find those data.hogg and bins so i can delete them. Anyway, sad there is so poor reply on forum.
    sto.jpg
    edited October 2018
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn..... i hate u so much.
  • andromeda981andromeda981 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    To fix it I found I had to tell the launcher to force verify and force patch the game.

It's suspicious the devs have been so quiet over all the bugs that came with AoD and the critique.
  • jimmyjoe1ajimmyjoe1a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have the same issue but on Starbase 39, to do the Vault, not on DS9
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    if you can't force verify another player said make sure having BOTH "on-demand patching" UNTICKED, AND force verify TICKED. (edited 25/10 for clarification to avoid a mislead)

And then (save and restart launcher if needed - unsure) LET it force verify as it wants.

I am unsure this is your issue but it's one of the solution to some crash types.

(Disclaimer - verification after 1st crash/1st time slow load+time out on server, or mismatch version on the AoD launch day, worked for me, but I probably had "on demand patching" disabled anyway from before and that's why it worked "auto", then. OTHER player suggested to TICK froce verify+UNTICK on-demand patching (and let it force verify) and it works for others with some but not all issues. There were other issues such as windows 10's October update effect causing issues.)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I encountered the same problem loading into DS9. I was able to find a work-around and posted details in the following thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch
    Short summary: You need to turn ON "Force verify" AND turn OFF "On-demand patching".
    if you can't force verify another player said make sure BOTH "on-demand patching" AND force verify are checked.
    @rndflactuation got it half correct. The difference is you need to make sure "On-demand patching" is UN-checked. This is what forces the game to patch the missing/crc-failed maps.

Later in the same post, rndflactuation also got it right:
    OTHER player suggested to TICK force verify+UNTICK on-demand patching (and let it force verify) and it works for others with some but not all issues.

I hope this helps you as it has several other players.

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes, to clarify, it was seemingly a VERY unfortunate accidental omitting mistake of one word - UNTICK, in one place.
    I really apologize, didn't mean to mislead. I will edit the post (with a clear edit in this regard)

P.S.
    Sorry, you were probably the poster whom in his posts I saw this solution initially (though I though it was another player named speedy something, it looks like it was you) but forgot your name then :)