test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    I'll be running until I die with my builds that now are overkill in the current gtfo era

Just need to decide if I want to run my drone only build, my support knifer, my flamethrower kitty, my Kentari lubethrower user, my Mister Freeze build among many others

Bring it on!
    lubethrower? o.o;
    I forget whether it's mission loot or a fleet holding item. But yeah Kentari-style not-a-flamethrower.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Crank your volume. Sompek has returned!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsFYPVxHKdc
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Arena of Sompek... ahh... We of the Ironclaw Fleet and The Order of Kor (our KDF side) refuse to drop at round 5 if we can help it... and will drag 5-n-Diers kicking and screaming as far as we can manage... usually to around Round 40ish.

To the other True Warriors, let's do this thing!!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    For me, either 5 or 40 is fine although the former would help clear the event on all characters.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    I forget whether it's mission loot or a fleet holding item. But yeah Kentari-style not-a-flamethrower.
    That thing? It's a chemical weapon, part of a set which can be collected from 'Mirrors and Smoke'... and may have been inspired by the RA3!Desolator.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    For me, either 5 or 40 is fine although the former would help clear the event on all characters.
    IIRC that's not how this event works. One token per account per 20hrs, then you collect the tokens on one character and buy an account unlock for the item.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    I'll be running until I die with my builds that now are overkill in the current gtfo era

Just need to decide if I want to run my drone only build, my support knifer, my flamethrower kitty, my Kentari lubethrower user, my Mister Freeze build among many others

Bring it on!

lubethrower? o.o;

I call it that as well... it fires on the secondary an orange blob of sloppy goo that definitely does not look like a normal weapon discharge
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The interesting thing for me is: Sompek Assault Blast is useable from level 1 on new toons - now we will have Sompek Shield - and it will make a start of a scaling ground set for new alts, I hope we will get armor soon :)
    Too bad the ligthning kit module is not a part of this set... or maybe the devs will do some retro-programing eh?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The new items seems like it's too specialized just for this event.

Stats will be worth a look, even if it's simply on par with VR gear it'll still find some use while leveling (remember: account reclaim and these all scale with player level. ;) )

I'm hoping someday though Cryptic will ad the gear to the game that will allow me to make this build. ;)
    2INmvDX.png
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    And glitched on wave 8. No spawns on the run we did just now. Waited for a bit, and it didn't advance.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
    questerius wrote: »
    IIRC that's not how this event works. One token per account per 20hrs, then you collect the tokens on one character and buy an account unlock for the item.

True, but in addition Sompek is a nice benchmark for the efficiency of ground builds i have on my mains and alts. Therefor i wish to finish the event on all my characters(with the exception of the level 21 disco warrior).
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Bugged on round 3 for me.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    My team too… :(
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Here's a thread started in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports subforum:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244739/arena-of-sompek
    about the Sompek Event breaking in different rounds for different people.

I posted my experience there as well (broke in round 3).
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    So the Sompek stuff is now a set, but Sompek Lightning isn't part of it?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • scrappyjwgscrappyjwg Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    sompekk is already bugged. had it bug out on round 3 twice now. not even funny
    scrappyjwg wrote: »
    sompekk is already bugged. had it bug out on round 3 twice now. not even funny

Yea, 3 rounds with stopped progression and had to finish one by waiting for timer to run out.
    It's probably the fabrications bug again.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Posted this in the other thread, but we're looking into the issues with the Arena right now, folks. I should have more info soon.
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > The Arena of Sompek returns to PC this weekend, and you can earn a shield that protects you as you revive your allies!
    >
    >

Returns but its completely brken.

4 sompek games now its bugged as you start or bugged by round 3

cant do anythin just have to wait for timer to end.

FIX IT PLEASE otherwise its just BS and nobody can play
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Might have been an idea to tell the enemy spawns that the event was on.

Round 1 starts and NOTHING.
    > @postagepaid said:
    > Might have been an idea to tell the enemy spawns that the event was on.
    >
    > Round 1 starts and NOTHING.

classes it as round 2 and nothing
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > Posted this in the other thread, but we're looking into the issues with the Arena right now, folks. I should have more info soon.

both modes are broken. im now going to have to leave and take the penalty for doing so.
  • dowster#3656 dowster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1) I should of checked forums to see if bugged. 2) should of known it was going to be bugged before i got to round 22...then broke :(:( and no rewards from it.
    edited October 2018
    honestly so annoying
    Had 5 tokens in the bank on both LTS and F2P so not a massive loss but I'd rather keep that buffer for the awful kamikaze maru.
    @"ambassadorkael#6946" every round ive tried is broke. at the moment noone can play. round 3 at best
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I do like this event but... I shouldn't have to run it 3 times just to get far enough to earn rewards! Fix the bug that stops the spawning of enemies, please! The first time stopped at level 2, the second at level 4.
    Borks on my LTS and I don't get a leaver debuff yet my F2P gets one.

Not sure if that counts as P2W or not.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Will the Sompek pulsewave riffle become availble to new toons anytime soon? I earned it when it first came out but any new toons I make can't claim it but they can get all the other items acquired from the areana.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • novusspesnovusspes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    First round I got stuck on round 9, could at least solve the mission dying in the flames.
    Next round it was bugged on round 2, had to leave, 30 min penalty on everything. Nice.
    Is the broken Arena a new feature?
This discussion has been closed.