test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The Arena of Sompek returns to PC this weekend, and you can earn a shield that protects you as you revive your allies!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11010733

Comments

• bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Nice, I always was fond of the arena!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    A 20 minute slogfest if I get a team that doesn't want to 5 and out, or risk being in it for even longer if I go untimed.

I won't sit around and do nothing after 5 rounds, but this event is just so boring for me I cannot put any real effort into it after that. I have zero desire to see how far I can go.

At least it's not the Kobayashi Maru event.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    iamynaught wrote: »
    A 20 minute slogfest if I get a team that doesn't want to 5 and out, or risk being in it for even longer if I go untimed.

I won't sit around and do nothing after 5 rounds, but this event is just so boring for me I cannot put any real effort into it after that. I have zero desire to see how far I can go.

There are plenty of 5-rounds-and-die premades available via vorious channels... I do that myself in case my time is limited. Just don't expect that in pugs.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Ahhh, the Kobayashi, the disabled ship that moves faster tan us…. anyway, i like the arena, but i cant play for too long, so, if i'm lucky, we get to 5 rounds, but always use the timed one..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes! I still got 3 or 4 vouchers from overdoing it earlier, so I can get the shield on start of the event and then just prepare vouchers for next event... :p
  • aslapaslap Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Is the shield going to be a character unlock or account as it does not state this ?

Also there are 2 electrical weapons from the event one is account and the other is a char unlock, is this shield bonus with only one of the weapons or both, if one which one.

If it is just the char unlock weapon and the shield is char unlock as well then its not worth getting, except for my 2 chars that have the char unlock weapon.

Hopefully they changed the char unlock weapon to account unlock and made this weapon account unlock, but that would prob be asking for a miracle.
    All the weekend-event-gear are account-unlocks as far as I know.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Reward is a bit meh as it is probably only useful in the Sompek arena itself.

Still a fun event though. Too bad my desktop computer broke down a couple of weeks ago and STO is way too heavy for my laptop.

Which means I won't be able to participate this time, for the first time :/
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    This is weekend event - so it should be account unlock.
    Most events now (from some time ago) have account unlock gadget reward, so it should be the same.

If I remember correctly the older ("shotgun/pulseweave") version of Sompek gun was from 2-week event (or was it 10 days - I don't remember now) and it was character unlock, the assault blast version was from weekend event and it was account unlock.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    At what round do you get the dance emote? probably only do this for the JHD.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I just hope I can find folks who will actually do this with me, as in go all the way until either the timer runs out or we get ours faces murdered. The last few times, I got stuck with folks SCREAMING, and calling me every name in the book, to die after 5 or 6 rounds.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    100 marks and 1200 dilithium for 34 rounds. it's too hard and a waste of time
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Thank you! Will be GREAT fun for many of us!​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • riker101#4460 riker101 Member Posts: 17 Arc User

agree with the above , hate it when people just stop fighting and start wining that they want match to finish ble

I just hope I can find folks who will actually do this with me, as in go all the way until either the timer runs out or we get ours faces murdered. The last few times, I got stuck with folks SCREAMING, and calling me every name in the book, to die after 5 or 6 rounds.

Find me, and we'll see how far we can go...
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    What is Sompek? Is it a PVP thing?
    sukhothai wrote: »
    What is Sompek? Is it a PVP thing?

No. It's PvE, you fight waves of enemies until you all die or defeat the enemy.

The Reason I asked is they havent always there is a rare electrical weapon that was done i think back before they started the weakend event system and that is a char unlock and someone in my armada showed it as showing the shield bit but i couldnt see it on my very rare account unlock weapon from the weakened event.

and if it is an account unlock and only gives the bonus with the rare weapon its not that much use even if it is account unlock, as the weapon was a char unlock.

hope this cmakes it clearer
    aslap wrote: »

The Reason I asked is they havent always there is a rare electrical weapon that was done i think back before they started the weakend event system and that is a char unlock and someone in my armada showed it as showing the shield bit but i couldnt see it on my very rare account unlock weapon from the weakened event.

and if it is an account unlock and only gives the bonus with the rare weapon its not that much use even if it is account unlock, as the weapon was a char unlock.

hope this cmakes it clearer

never mind i see they have added the shield bonus to the very rare blast weapon, just wish they would make the rare pulsewave account unlock though
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Sounds like a great shield! :smiley:

I'll check it out.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Oh Goody. Another Sompek event filled with people who want the reward for free. It would be fun if not for the other players.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    It would be nice if the Sompek Pulsewave from the 14-day event got included in the phoenix box...

Find me, and we'll see how far we can go...

You got it! :)
    ID7q9yV.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The new items seems like it's too specialized just for this event.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Fair warning, I never "5 & die".
    As Catbert once said: "I like the cut of your evil."

:D Let the massacre begin!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I'll be running until I die with my builds that now are overkill in the current gtfo era

Just need to decide if I want to run my drone only build, my support knifer, my flamethrower kitty, my Kentari lubethrower user, my Mister Freeze build among many others

Bring it on!
    burstorion wrote: »
    I'll be running until I die with my builds that now are overkill in the current gtfo era

Just need to decide if I want to run my drone only build, my support knifer, my flamethrower kitty, my Kentari lubethrower user, my Mister Freeze build among many others

Bring it on!

lubethrower? o.o;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.