test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wasteland arc not available for non-Romulan characters

vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
With the launch of Age of Discovery, it appears the Wasteland Arc is no longer available for non-Romulan characters. The 5 mission arc (not including the intro) IS available on the 'Episodes' tab of my Romulan Character, however on my Federation Characters, it does not appear on the 'Episodes' or 'Available' tabs. Is this by design?
Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium

Comments

• lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    yes, WAI according to the patch notes...
    Some of our older “side” missions are no longer in the journal proper – you can still find these missions in the galaxy at large, but they’re not part of the directed journal experience. We’ve taken out the “Wasteland,” “Spectres,” “Breen Invasion,” and “2800/Lost Dominon” mission groups in this fashion, so you can still play them, you just won’t be sent directly to them as part of the leveling process.
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yes I'm aware of the post from the devs regarding this change, however the Spectres, Breen Invasion, and 2008/Lost Dominion mission arcs can all be accessed on the 'Available' tab, located between 'Episodes' and 'Foundry' from the 'Hail Starfleet' Icon on the mini-map. The Wasteland arc is not on the Available tab. It would seem unusual to have this one Arc accessed differently than the other side missions; am I missing something?
    Post edited by vulcanmonk on
  • argamor03argamor03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I am also wondering this as this appears to be a widespread issue. My Fed toon does not have them displayed in either Episodes or Available and many others in chat are experiencing the same.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    @vulcanmonk , @argamor03 , and @lhoygow , The mission titled "Secrets of Nimbus" by Franklin Drake is how to start the Nimbus episode arc.
  • vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the info Chrian. I'm looking at the 'Available' tab and only seeing one mission under Franklin Drake, 'Traelus System- Satellite Repair'. Click HERE for a screen shot.

Is there somewhere else to access the Wastland Missions from Franklin Drake?
    Secrets of Nimbus is located in the Available tab under Franklin Drake for my Fed-aligned Jem'Hadar toon, but does not appear there for my normal Fed toon.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I was able to find the NImbus missions in general this way, but "Installation 18" seems to be completely unavailable. Bug, or did I miss an announcement of that being one of the missions removed to be worked on?
    edited October 2018
    I tried running the "Romulan Minefield" STF through the mission journal and speaking to Adm Quinn afterwards, hoping that might fix the issue. "Secrets of Nimbus" still does not show up under Franklin Drake in the Available tab for my Fed toon like it does for my Jem'Hadar. My Jem'Hadar never had any issues with this change. He has never completed the "Klingon War" arc and so has never done "Galaxy at Large". Only my Fed toon is having issues.
    Post edited by argamor03 on
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I was also missing the contact for 'Secrets of Nimbus' from Drake on my Fed'Hadar...until I completed the new 'Galaxy at Large' hand off from Quinn. After that, Drake's contact for Nimbus suddenly showed up in the 'Available' part of my Missions page; this very much defeats the stated intention of 'play the missions you want, when you want' for the Journal revamp...
    Two weeks after the mission tab change and still no fix for this issue and no mention of it in the patch notes. These missions should have been left alone. They worked before and many of them were updated to fit with the current story line. There was absolutely no good reason to do this, and now the "Secrets of Nimbus" is broken for pure Fed characters.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is the way the Mission Journal works.
    The "replays" for those Wasteland/Nimbus missions are set to show up in Episodes list.
    Unfortunately, that mission arc is listed in Episodes tab only for Romulans.

I am not sure what will be done to fix this.
    There are still some things that are off key in that Mission Journal.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It is the way the Mission Journal works.
    The "replays" for those Wasteland/Nimbus missions are set to show up in Episodes list.
    Unfortunately, that mission arc is listed in Episodes tab only for Romulans.

I am not sure what will be done to fix this.
    There are still some things that are off key in that Mission Journal.

Except that any of my characters that had played through Breen/Devidian/2800 before can replay those missions from the 'Available' tab...it's just something specific to Nimbus that has things buggered for replays (and only replays, as my JH that hadn't done them at all has the contact from Drake to start Nimbus)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    It is not about before. It is about how it works, now.

Now, replays show up in Episode tab or Available tab. "Hail" shows up in both Episode and Available tabs.
    Wasteland replay is set to go to Episode tab. It is so Romulans can replay their Episode.

I think they have to set it up separate for replays to show up in the Available tab. It can not be in both. Because it would most likely mess with the way "Hail" works now.

The easiest fix for them would be to put it back in Episodes for everyone. But not sure they will change their mind on that.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • This appears to be a feature as no one has said anything useful about it really at all as still no one knows where or how to find them and there has been no mention of it as a bug or anything else including patch notes. I have submitted a ticket to see if they are going to tell me anything that's actually useful on how and where to find the replays.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    This appears to be a feature as no one has said anything useful about it really at all as still no one knows where or how to find them and there has been no mention of it as a bug or anything else including patch notes. I have submitted a ticket to see if they are going to tell me anything that's actually useful on how and where to find the replays.

@chrian#9670 @ambassadorkael#6946 @engineerb4#4806 The replays for the arcs that have been removed from the mission journal should be in the Available tab. I really wished they had created a new tab called Side Quests or Optional Missions and then left the Available tab as it was. As for the Secrets of Nimbus, on my main Federation character it is still not showing up in Available tab under Admiral Quinn even though I did Galaxy at Large and skipped the TFOs. I wonder if the trigger is not triggering. I have all the rest of the arcs in the Available tab except the Wasteland arc for that character. Finally, the missions for the respective arc should be in chronological order and not alphabetical order as it currently is. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sthe91 wrote: »
    This appears to be a feature as no one has said anything useful about it really at all as still no one knows where or how to find them and there has been no mention of it as a bug or anything else including patch notes. I have submitted a ticket to see if they are going to tell me anything that's actually useful on how and where to find the replays.

The replays for the arcs that have been removed from the mission journal should be in the Available tab. I really wished they had created a new tab called Side Quests or Optional Missions and then left the Available tab as it was. As for the Secrets of Nimbus, on my main Federation character it is still not showing up in Available tab even though I did Galaxy at Large and skipped the TFOs. I wonder if the trigger is not triggering. I have all the rest of the arcs in the Available tab except the Wasteland arc for that character. Finally, the missions for the respective arc should be in chronological order and not alphabetical order as it currently is. Thanks. :)

So far the questions posed as support tickets are being ignored there has been no response to them at all but ill give it a few more days and see if and what they say. I can say like with most bugs if people fail to report them in game they will never get fixed as the chances that a developer will actually read this is pretty slim. Even here not enough people are complaining so its likely it will remain broken. It is shameful that a company has to be inundated with public outcry for them to fix bugs in their software but people continue to put money into their pockets with the bugs in place.
  • So far here is their response.

Hello,

Thank you for writing back.

We understand that you are still unable to replay any of the Wasteland missions. I've coordinated with our team and unfortunately, we can confirm that the Wasteland Episode was removed with the recent Mission Journal rework. You may have a friend share this mission to you so you can replay it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.
    So far here is their response.

Hello,

We understand that you are still unable to replay any of the Wasteland missions. I've coordinated with our team and unfortunately, we can confirm that the Wasteland Episode was removed with the recent Mission Journal rework. You may have a friend share this mission to you so you can replay it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Well, I am glad that they responded but they should never have removed it with the recent Mission Journal rework in the first place. Put it back in, Cryptic. It should be in the Available tab for my main Federation character. Aargh! :(
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    So far here is their response.

Hello,

Is that their way of saying that it's working as intended now?

@chrian#9670, @ambassadorkael#6946,

Is it a bug that only Romulans can replay the Wasteland arc or not? If it's not a bug, then why was this decision made?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    There is an issue with that idea however, If you have someone run the mission and you run it with them you do not get credit or rewards from said mission. You would literally be playing it with nothing to gain from said mission.
  • tomilak wrote: »
    There is an issue with that idea however, If you have someone run the mission and you run it with them you do not get credit or rewards from said mission. You would literally be playing it with nothing to gain from said mission.

I sent another response back to them on this issue here is what I had to say. Please remember to send in game bug reports or it won't get fixed.

12/12/2018 01:30 PM
    Clearly you failed to read my post correctly and your information that they were removed from the game entirely is also incorrect. I don't have a Romulan character but if the missions were to be removed that would mean that Romulan characters would also not be able to play them at all.

The missions where to be removed from the main journal yes but not from the game entirely they were to be moved to the available tab and you were to still be able to play them by going to nimbus III

Please see this article as I have now caught you in a direct lie a small section of the article is below
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993953-streamlining-the-mission-journal

Streamlining the Mission Journal By Ambassador Kael Wed 05 Sep 2018 09:00:00 AM PDT Jesse Heinig Senior Game Designer Star Trek Online

Some of our older “side” missions are no longer in the journal proper – you can still find these missions in the galaxy at large, but they’re not part of the directed journal experience. We’ve taken out the “Wasteland,” “Spectres,” “Breen Invasion,” and “2800/Lost Dominon” mission groups in this fashion, so you can still play them, you just won’t be sent directly to them as part of the leveling process.

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I sent another response back to them on this issue here is what I had to say. Please remember to send in game bug reports or it won't get fixed.

Clearly you failed to read my post correctly and your information that they were removed from the game entirely is also incorrect. I don't have a Romulan character but if the missions were to be removed that would mean that Romulan characters would also not be able to play them at all.

The missions where to be removed from the main journal yes but not from the game entirely they were to be moved to the available tab and you were to still be able to play them by going to nimbus III

Please see this article as I have now caught you in a direct lie a small section of the article is below
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993953-streamlining-the-mission-journal

Streamlining the Mission Journal By Ambassador Kael Wed 05 Sep 2018 09:00:00 AM PDT Jesse Heinig Senior Game Designer Star Trek Online

To clarify, the "Wasteland" arc does appear in the "Available" tab for non-Romulan characters, but it's not replayable. If you've already completed the arc, you can't play it again; that's the problem.

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/a0bsht/bring_back_nimbus/eahmzjz/
    It's bugged. This was explained by several people on the forums shortly after AoD launched. The "Wasteland" arc is still part of the Romulans' story line, and for them, it still appears in the "Episodes" tab. For everyone else, the "Wasteland" arc is supposed to unlock in the "Available" tab once certain prerequisites are met. And it does unlock, but it's not replayable; after you complete it once, it disappears. The most likely reason is an unexpected interaction with how it's supposed to work for Romulans. A few players (such as where2r1) figured this out a month ago. One of the devs (Chrian) commented in the threads where this bug was discussed. So if they're still not aware of the bug, or if they think the mission journal is working correctly, then they need to reread those threads.

Fixed formatting. Vanilla, don't eat my post.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited December 2018
    frtoaster wrote: »

To clarify, the "Wasteland" arc does appear in the "Available" tab for non-Romulan characters, but it's not replayable. If you've already completed the arc, you can't play it again; that's the problem.

It's bugged. This was explained by several people on the forums shortly after AoD launched. The "Wasteland" arc is still part of the Romulans' story line, and for them, it still appears in the "Episodes" tab. For everyone else, the "Wasteland" arc is supposed to unlock in the "Available" tab once certain prerequisites are met. And it does unlock, but it's not replayable; after you complete it once, it disappears. The most likely reason is an unexpected interaction with how it's supposed to work for Romulans. A few players (such as where2r1) figured this out a month ago. One of the devs (Chrian) commented in the threads where this bug was discussed. So if they're still not aware of the bug, or if they think the mission journal is working correctly, then they need to reread those threads.

frtoaster, you said it better than I could. That is the bug. I played the Nimbus missions before the mission journal revamp and now it does not show up in the Available tab even though I am at the max level which is 65. The other missions I did play before the mission revamp which are called the Lost Dominion, Spectres, and the Breen Invasion are able to be completed or replayed in the Available tab just not the Nimbus one though both arcs' episodes are in the wrong chronological order. Please fix this Cryptic on all toons affected (except Romulans, they have the Nimbus missions in the mission journal). Thanks. :(
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • frtoaster wrote: »

I have completed all the known prerequisites and it still does not show up in the available tab (give steps to reproduce if its showing for you please) otherwise it would appear to show for some and not for others its clear there are many veteran players even in this thread where it still does not show up at all. It really is a shame that this forum does not have img hosting or I would prove it as I have done all the missions all the way up to victory is life and AoD including all the TFO wrappers up to that point and wasteland still does not show let alone be replayable.
  • I did get formal acknowledgement from Specialist Game Master or tier 2 support and they had the following to say after I demanded a supervisor contact me.

Response By Email (Retribution) (12/13/2018 04:01 PM)
    Hello,

Thank you for the update. We apologize for the inconvenience, and it seems that with the mission rework some issues have made themselves known. Although we have reported this issue to our development team for further investigation, we have gone ahead and credited your account 500 Zen as an apology as we do not have an ETA for resolution. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
    Retribution
    Specialist Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment