test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Reputation interface badly needs a "Collect and Repeat" button for finished daily tasks.

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
Whether you are a new character working to progress 12 reputations at a time to access gear & space/ground traits, or you are an old time player working to move all 12 reps from tier 5 to tier 6, the monotony of clicking through 12 reps each day on multiple characters is very annoying and takes significant amount of time away from missions / TFOs. The current interface, although redesigned, is still geared towards a time when people were mostly doing reps one at a time when a new season introduced it. With 12 characters doing 12 reps a day, the monotony of just filling 140+ daily tasks is insane & time consuming.

How many people with available marks collect the Daily and not immediately rebuy the daily for next day? I expect most collect and then reselect and re-fill resources on the daily task again.

So in addition to having the current "Collect" button, why not add second button, "Collect and Repeat" that automatically re-selects and refills the daily task again? It would save a TON of time. The only thing better would be a master button to "Select and fill ALL daily tasks".

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and this should ONLY be for Daily tasks. Most people would NOT want to accidentally do a "collect and repeat" on a piece of expensive rep gear.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    With Doffing/Admiralty/R&D and Reputations the game has a lot of clicking and not a lot of playing. Often feel fatigued after cycling through my account and resetting Admiralty and refining my dil. Not a solution to the issue but it would be nice if they have taken away the need for xp and ec for the drive to T6 so the only slider was marks even if it meant each project required 45-60 marks instead of 30
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »

Its not the same. although someone mentioned there were too many clicks, that thread was asking for ways to see what reps have completed actions (rather than having to click each one), and the general organization of new rep ui.

My thread is for a completely different request to automate the re-filling of daily task so that you have option when collecting a daily to autofill the daily task again, thus redoing the 12 dailys would only require 1 click per rep rather than 8 per rep. Counting the click to open each rep, that would be 24 clicks vs 108 clicks (x number of characters you have). For 12 characters that's almost 1300 clicks! talk about a time sink, not to mention repetitive stress injuries -- my index finger may stop working before STO's final season.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    One of the benefits of an LTS account is I can ignore the refining each day.

Doffing is also clunky so I tend to not bother with it on PC, oddly its one of the few things the console port does better simply because if you want to start a task that needs replicated stuff like medical supplies you get asked if you want to spend ec to fill the task instead of having to open the replicator and scroll about getting the things needed.

But most of the systems in the game are built for clunk over easy operation because clunk is easy and making things work easily is hard. Also clunk means more time spent logged onto your character so pads out the time played metrics.
  • Options
    michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    One of the benefits of an LTS account is I can ignore the refining each day.

Except it does not work for all LTS members...
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
This discussion has been closed.