test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Either kobali prime is broken or Discovery character is broken

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
i am having issues with kobali prime with my discovery captain.... maybe it has nothing to do with the captain. Kobali prime beam down menu. it shows me and two of my boff's. I tried changing the boff's does not matter. once i am on planet i am the only one there withour a crew. When i do see people which so far have been rare. Other captains also alone down there without a team. they beam down find what the hell moment and don't beam down again. the whole adventure zone thing was to have the option to team up with captains or just you and your crew. either way it is a empty wasteland right now. enemies are everywhere. Before when you have other players or boffs with you.... well....you had a chance. unless you are the 25th century equivalent of some kind of space rambo mixed with terminator then pretty much you are as good as dead now. Am i that only one still playing has been a thought. I have been told by my buds that they are quiting for a bit till the age of discovery "mid-life crisis" phase of the game has run its couse. Plus they are tired of the glitches. I personally don't have a problem with pro-glitches that help the player. Its the ones that TRIBBLE up progression that really.... anyway. i am just venting here. Hopefully someone does something.

Comments

• tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Do you mean the mission The Kobali Front? If so, you don't need a full away team, as you are only speaking to the general. After that, he gives you more missions. I am willing to bet that if you accept that first mission and then beam up, it will allow you to beam down with a full team. If not, there is supposed to be a command to use. I don't remember what it is, as I have never had to use it.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • colchekcolchek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    One you beam down, in your chat type /fillpetteamlist

That will beam down two of your bridge officers. Unfortunately it is a bit random which two it brings, but it is better than nothing. I had the same issue with my Discovery captain and this allowed me to get through Kobali prime.
  • ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Thanks for the help. I will give it a try.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    If you have two specific BOFFs you want with you on Kobali.... go to your Stations Tab....set the two BOFFs you want with you in AWAY TEAM, remove the other two and replace with default "Security". Then do the /fillpetteamlist

Try setting your Away Team roster with only 2 BOFFs to begin with and see if beaming down to Kobali works....
    And I believe it was Dyson Sphere instances was having the same problem.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    tiekosora wrote: »
    Do you mean the mission The Kobali Front? If so, you don't need a full away team, as you are only speaking to the general. After that, he gives you more missions. I am willing to bet that if you accept that first mission and then beam up, it will allow you to beam down with a full team. If not, there is supposed to be a command to use. I don't remember what it is, as I have never had to use it.

Actually the general does not give more missions...it is broken. While my prior characters have access to all Kobali Front content including the Breaking the Wall and Last breath missions at end, my discovery character is unable to even begin Kobali Front missions since the general never offers the first mission anymore.

As for the missing Boffs, both Kobali and Dyson ground have that issue, and if keep forgetting the command you can also get your boffs by clicking help/questionmark, then GM help, then Stuck, then Missing Boffs, then click Request Reinforcements and they beam in.
    edited October 2018
    Check for that General's missions on the "Episodes" tab under Delta Quadrant arc. That is where I found the intro to Kobali over the weekend.

Kobali Front I, II, III ... I saw those in my "Available" tab of the mission journal at the bottom.

Fill pet team list /fillpetteamlist
    Yes, that missing BOFF thing is a pain...I hope they put a high priority on that.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    where2r1,
    thanks for the update. I was certain I had checked for the General in Available tab a week ago and did not see him, but I checked just now and the kobali mission is there. It is odd though that they are not options when visit the general in person. Oh well, at least I can progress Kobali now.
  • downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User

Fill pet team list /fillpetteamlist
    WONT work I've tried for the last 2 hours and I get No Boffs
    WTF

I guess the saying Scotty says :" The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."
    comes to mind.
    Soon the game will be over taken with content that works half assed and us lemmings will keep throwing ca$h at them in hopes we get some sort of results.
    4c02cccf09523a701c0e4f3b9aa56374.jpg
    Where it all began
    Hmmm....you could try the other way:
    As for the missing Boffs, both Kobali and Dyson ground have that issue, and if keep forgetting the command you can also get your boffs by clicking help/questionmark, then GM help, then Stuck, then Missing Boffs, then click Request Reinforcements and they beam in.

• tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    tiekosora wrote: »

Actually the general does not give more missions...it is broken. While my prior characters have access to all Kobali Front content including the Breaking the Wall and Last breath missions at end, my discovery character is unable to even begin Kobali Front missions since the general never offers the first mission anymore.

For a brand new character, he does give additional missions, or at least he did for me.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.