test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random TFOs have brought bad content to the surface

I like the idea of random queues, it's present in most of the RPGs I've played. In STO'S case, I just don't think the content is consistent enough in its quality and difficulty for this to be a viable option.

People often chose their queues with two things in mind: good rewards vs time/effort and avoiding bad content.

But now you get put in queues that are truly horrible. Some are badly designed and buggy, others suffer from scaling abnormalities, others still are arithmetically extremely difficult due to bad enemy ports(i mean the same enemy at the same difficulty will be much easier/harder depending on the TFO), a lot of TFO's are extremely similar and similarly boring, and finally the rewards are often grossly uneven for the time/difficulty played, with some rewarding 150+ marks and others 30.

I was in a random advanced TFO today and all my allies left because the enemies were almost invulnerable and they hit way too hard. Everyone died all the time and the mob just stayed there. At first, i thought it might have been a gear/competence issue, but the team was well geared and used sound strategies; in another TFO, it would have performed very well. The underlying numbers and TFO design just made all our efforts completely useless.

I'm tired being force-fed content without the design grunt work being done to make said content palatable (as in fun). Sure, I will avoid random TFOs from now on, but at the same time it's a shame that more effort doesn't go into making playing old content enjoyable.
[email protected], U.S.S. Rocinante
STO fauna enthusiast/Joker extraordinaire
Vote Nanov!
«134

Comments

  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,774 Arc User
    Not just brought bad content to the surface but also stopped us being able to play some of the good content.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,907 Arc User
    Another reason why the random TFO are awesome. Now Cryptic gets their much needed data on those previously deserted queues to make adjustments.

    Was that particular queue by chance swarm advanced? Experienced a queue there today where the hurQ were more in their invulnerable state that otherwise.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,907 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    Another reason why the random TFO are awesome. Now Cryptic gets their much needed data on those previously deserted queues to make adjustments.

    Was that particular queue by chance swarm advanced? Experienced a queue there today where the hurQ were more in their invulnerable state that otherwise.

    The problem is we know adjustments won't be made. Bugs barely get fixed as it is.

    Or perhaps bugs are slow to be fixed because there is little data regarding them. Either way it is good that the flaws are driven into the light.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,451 Arc User
    or just scrap this forcing players who don't want to play screwed up TFOs, and bring back the 30 minute cooldown RAs
    Spock.jpg

  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    brian334 wrote: »
    So, buggy, crappy, out of date, or whatever, give as much info as possible without writing a novel, and focus on one bug at a time.
    Yeah, essay form works better than novel form. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,624 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Cryptic asked for feedback on which TFO's weren't playable before the system launched. Name the problem queue and please verify whether the queue was actually broken or if you were the victim of a level scaling bug (which it sounds like to me.)
    or just scrap this forcing players who don't want to play screwed up TFOs, and bring back the 30 minute cooldown RAs

    Wait, so who exactly broke into your room and forced you to join a random TFO? Personally, I'd take the act of home invasion as a much higher priority item than the specific queue you were forced to play during the event. :tongue:
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,789 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Kinda with duncan on this one...more details please so we can figure out what the hell is going on. A vague complaint helps nobody.
    100% agree here. We need info and need to pass on detailed information about bugs, scaling issues and any other relevant information via bug reports.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,774 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Kinda with duncan on this one...more details please so we can figure out what the hell is going on. A vague complaint helps nobody. Course I do expect even with detailed explaination, I expect the random queue fans to come on and post some rather impossible results (or improbable)...or it worked the opposite way ONCE so it isn't an issue at all...never mind if multiple posters say there is the same issue.
    The thing is though often when you give full detailed information nothing gets done. Not always but often. See the megashot 1 shot kill bug that has been going on for far too long. We provided steps to reproduce it, offer full screenshots and combat logs direct to the Bug Hunt Engineers and they never take a look at the data provided even after asking for it.

    Mind you it is still better to give full detailed information then vague. But it feels like there is a problem with the way QA is done in Sto. To many times full reports are given even on tribble and the bug still makes it way to live. Or something is fixed then rolled back a few months later and broken again like Tricobalt weapons. I spent a year posting detailed bug report they got fixed for a few months and now broken again.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    And that guy who does bug fixes hasn't been busy on something else the whole time. Nope, dude's out back in the smoking area drinking DrPeppers and chatting up that cute girl with the pink hair.

    The thing is, STO is a huge file with many moving parts. It may be that the one fix you want will TRIBBLE up 25 other things, and they don't want to do that until they can fix it without the 25 other things needing to be fixed afterward.

    I knew a guy who turned off a control circuit for just a minute to do an easy fix on a broken wire and caused hot polymer to stop flowing in a 2000 foot section of pipe. The polymer settled and cooled, and they had to not only abandon the pipe, (it was removed and replaced,) but they had to discard the contents of a massive mixing vessel full of the polymer too. And all of the instrumentation and control devices. It was a bad day.

    Sometimes the best thing to do is to not make things worse. Is that the case here? I don't know, I'm not a developer. But I don't presume the developer is ignoring my bug reports, and I don't presume he's lazy or stupid. My guess is, there's lots of bugs and only so many hours allotted per week to work on them.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    I was in a random advanced TFO today and all my allies left because the enemies were almost invulnerable and they hit way too hard. Everyone died all the time and the mob just stayed there. At first, i thought it might have been a gear/competence issue, but the team was well geared and used sound strategies; in another TFO, it would have performed very well. The underlying numbers and TFO design just made all our efforts completely useless.
    Contradiction. A team that is well geared and uses sound strategies, does not fail. Because the definition of good gear and strategy is measured by success.

    Play Normal if you can't handle Advanced.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,378 Community Moderator
    There's a couple of misconceptions in here that I think need to be cleared up. Random queue systems by their very nature are just that, random. That means you have the possibility of getting a queue you might not like. If it gave you only the 4 or 5 specific queues you like all the time then it would cease to be random at that point. With random TFOs you could get lucky and get something you can smoke while barely being conscious like ISA. On the other hand you could get something that requires a little bit of strategy and that you can't simply zerg through. You can't take a one size fits all approach when going through the content in game nor should you be able to. Virtually every queue tells you how to beat it or gives you clues on what to do. If all else fails and you still don't get it, you can come to the forums here and simply ask folks what strategy they use to beat the queue or certain foes that give you grief. Virtually everything in this game has a counter to it save for a handful set of abilities given only to NPCs, and what you're describing is not one of those abilities. No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.

    Secondly, if enemies are not scaling to what they should be, then that is a bug that needs fixing as the queue is not functioning as it should. At which case I would advise you to file a bug report. To give a proper bug report you need to be as detailed as you can. Simply saying "this queue is broken" doesn't give me enough information to pass along to the devs, or for the devs themselves to fix the issue. If you want to file a proper bug report, be as specific as possible. When I go through steps 1, 2, 3 and 4, I see this bugged result here. If you can get screenshots and video of the bug(s) happening then that's an even greater help as then the actual bug can be seen in action. Fixing the bugs takes time to do so properly as it's not just flipping switches as much as we all wish it was. A single one or zero out of place in the code can bring the entire thing crashing down whether its at the full on studio production level like with STO, or small time modder level like what I do for some older games. It also depends on the severity of the break as well. A textual error in the tooltip is alot easier to fix than something like the Kemocite issues a few years back. Took close to 12-15 weeks I believe it was for the Kemocite stuff to finally be ironed out due to the nature of the break. Also, just because your particular bug doesn't make the next round of patch notes doesn't mean it won't get fixed. It simply means it didn't make that particular patch because they needed more time to fix it, or it wasn't ready until after the current patch cycle was complete. Point being, you get me details and I will personally wire the info on the bug up the chain of command.

    Cryptic also asked for feedback on which queues were in need of a rebalance and which queues could use better payouts or changes. There were some good bits of feedback that I saw, and unfortunately I also saw some folks all but throw it back in their face as well, which was unfortunate. In fact myself and several test monkeys that help me hunt bugs for the devs went through all the queues and took notes about payouts vs time and effort etc. I would say overall we put at least 150 hours into testing the various queues once everything was said and done.

    In terms of the content itself, if you're having issues with survival after the scaling issues have been addressed, then that falls into the realm of gearing, piloting etc. If you need help with survival I tend to play near exclusively as a tank in game and can help you with that. Send me your build details you have now including skills, gear, traits, boffs and the whole lot and I can offer suggestions to help in the survival department.

    Finally, what is "bad" is largely subjective in this game. What I consider bad content another might not or vice versa. Every queue is doable if you pay attention to the clues and even briefings that outright tell you how to beat the queue as I pointed out above. What is "fun" is also another fairly large and subjective factor as well.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

    Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,774 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.

    “Also, just because your particular bug doesn't make the next round of patch notes doesn't mean it won't get fixed.” minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    The problem is many bugs get fixed and then unfixed a few months later see the Tricobalt bugs which are a good example they worked for a few months and then spent a year+ being broken again. It feels like people are working on different code branches and on merging fixed bugs are getting unfixed.

    “Point being, you get me details and I will personally wire the info on the bug up the chain of command.”
    I have tried that not with you but others and have been trying to years with the Kinetic 1 shot kill bug. See https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13435880

    We got the attention of the bug hunter at last. But they never collected the screenshots or combat logs or responded to anything. From our point of view we have no way to even know if they read our reply's or just abandoned the thread after that post. Did the bug report even make its way up the chain? The 1 shot kill bug has been going on for years now.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,774 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
    I cannot speak for them all but some are still like-minded its just we cannot team up anymore and play the same queues because of the poor design changes in the UI. Like I said before the change is going kill a batch of queues and drive some players away and it has. The devs could undo the negative changes without any impact on the positive side to TFO. The problems is purely down bad UI design.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Let's pray for never being randomly queued for Undine Infiltration (50% chances of automatic failure due to the infamous fire extinguisher bug. 'nuff said.)
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    I like the idea of random queues, it's present in most of the RPGs I've played. In STO'S case, I just don't think the content is consistent enough in its quality and difficulty for this to be a viable option.

    The introduction of random TFO's seems to suggest that Cryptic is trying to make some adjustments, so perhaps giving them a little time to see how THIS change settles in would be more beneficial than trashing it right from the outset?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
    I cannot speak for them all but some are still like-minded its just we cannot team up anymore and play the same queues because of the poor design changes in the UI. Like I said before the change is going kill a batch of queues and drive some players away and it has. The devs could undo the negative changes without any impact on the positive side to TFO. The problems is purely down bad UI design.
    That problem is purely down to refusal to just queue up. The devs have decided not to enable lurkers anymore, which is a good thing (for reasons already explained in threads where it was on-topic).
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,774 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
    I cannot speak for them all but some are still like-minded its just we cannot team up anymore and play the same queues because of the poor design changes in the UI. Like I said before the change is going kill a batch of queues and drive some players away and it has. The devs could undo the negative changes without any impact on the positive side to TFO. The problems is purely down bad UI design.
    That problem is purely down to refusal to just queue up. The devs have decided not to enable lurkers anymore, which is a good thing (for reasons already explained in threads where it was on-topic).
    No its not a problem with refusing to queue up. The problem is we can no longer choose to join other people in something that looks fun which leads to less queues being played by like minded people. There is zero benefit in the UI change only a negative in causing less queues to be played.

    It is not a good thing as all the evidence I have seen shows it to be bad with a negative impact. There has been zero benefit only problems.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
    I cannot speak for them all but some are still like-minded its just we cannot team up anymore and play the same queues because of the poor design changes in the UI. Like I said before the change is going kill a batch of queues and drive some players away and it has. The devs could undo the negative changes without any impact on the positive side to TFO. The problems is purely down bad UI design.
    That problem is purely down to refusal to just queue up. The devs have decided not to enable lurkers anymore, which is a good thing (for reasons already explained in threads where it was on-topic).
    No its not a problem with refusing to queue up. The problem is we can no longer choose to join other people in something that looks fun which leads to less queues being played by like minded people. There is zero benefit in the UI change only a negative in causing less queues to be played.
    You can choose to join any and all queues that you want.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,774 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
    I cannot speak for them all but some are still like-minded its just we cannot team up anymore and play the same queues because of the poor design changes in the UI. Like I said before the change is going kill a batch of queues and drive some players away and it has. The devs could undo the negative changes without any impact on the positive side to TFO. The problems is purely down bad UI design.
    That problem is purely down to refusal to just queue up. The devs have decided not to enable lurkers anymore, which is a good thing (for reasons already explained in threads where it was on-topic).
    No its not a problem with refusing to queue up. The problem is we can no longer choose to join other people in something that looks fun which leads to less queues being played by like minded people. There is zero benefit in the UI change only a negative in causing less queues to be played.
    You can choose to join any and all queues that you want.
    But like minded people can no longer find and join each other leading to less queues starting with less queues being played due to the UI change. The UI change has been nothing but a negative impact on the queue system with no positive side to it. If the devs undid that UI change but kept the rest of TFO the same everyone would benefit and more queues would be played.

    While I can join any and all queues many will not start anymore or take much longer to start.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    “No one is forcing you to play TFOs and if you don't like the possibility you might get a queue that's not one of your favorites, you can still specific queue with a team of friends or like minded players, you just won't get the extra marks. You can't have your cake and eat it too as the saying goes.”
    That’s not true we have been pretty much forced to abandon many queues. Via the queue system I cannot anymore team up with likeminded players as the tools we used to play with like minded people have been removed. I have been trying for well over a week now and have barely had any success. The pick and play the queue you want has been badly affected in a negative way from the TFO change. We cannot just ignore TFO’s and play the old way as its not working the same anymore.

    I do not care about the extra marks or other people playing random. The problem is the pick and play the queue you want has suffered badly. I cannot get many queues to start and the few that start now take ages to start making the entire experience much worse. I have had so much wasted time due to the new queue system that I have all but given up trying to play queues.
    Perhaps your like-minded players weren't so like-minded after all, and turned out to care more about the extra reward than you do?
    I cannot speak for them all but some are still like-minded its just we cannot team up anymore and play the same queues because of the poor design changes in the UI. Like I said before the change is going kill a batch of queues and drive some players away and it has. The devs could undo the negative changes without any impact on the positive side to TFO. The problems is purely down bad UI design.
    That problem is purely down to refusal to just queue up. The devs have decided not to enable lurkers anymore, which is a good thing (for reasons already explained in threads where it was on-topic).
    No its not a problem with refusing to queue up. The problem is we can no longer choose to join other people in something that looks fun which leads to less queues being played by like minded people. There is zero benefit in the UI change only a negative in causing less queues to be played.
    You can choose to join any and all queues that you want.
    But like minded people can no longer find and join each other leading to less queues starting with less queues being played due to the UI change. The UI change has been nothing but a negative impact on the queue system with no positive side to it. If the devs undid that UI change but kept the rest of TFO the same everyone would benefit and more queues would be played.

    While I can join any and all queues many will not start anymore or take much longer to start.
    Everyone can join the queues they want to play and if enough join the same ones they can play them.

    The numbers were removed because they were negative feedback that encouraged people to wait instead of joining queues. It's better the like minded people are in the queues together rather than lurking in the shadows waiting for someone else to queue first.

    On the other hand, if people don't want to play the same queues you do, well there's your problem. Either way it has nothing at all to do with the UI.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,624 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    pottsey5g wrote: »

    While I can join any and all queues many will not start anymore or take much longer to start.

    Opposite experience I've had myself and seen documented through several STO streams. I'm really not sure how you're having such a bad time if you're accurately reporting your experience with the RTFO system. Some difficulty with specific queues? Sure, there's ways of replicating that (ie. playing ineligible TFO's.) All queues taking much longer to start, if at all? I just can't see how you're arriving at that conclusion.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I don't like random nor the idea of someone forcing me to grind what I don't want. Choice is better than being forced upon. Or at the very least make it juicer to do them. These are waste of time IMO with little or same archaic reward system.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
This discussion has been closed.