test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

omnis..DSC linked ones....

michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
Could we get a way to have three omnis from all, or most, type of weapons? Or at least somehow to mount three Discovery type omnis. Or at least two (KBC is at least barely visible)?

It is strange that we have Discovery phaser DBBs, but we can only mount one omni from the same type. Discovery weapons are becoming nearly common like the normal phasers by now.

Please? :smile:

GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Can we get a 2nd Plasma omni first?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, having that one or two weapons mis-matching the rest is annoying. If they could pop in something like they did for shields/defectors/engines that'd be nice. One box for energy weapons and another for torpedoes.
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I mean why are DBB+omnnis treated differently then all beams or all cannons. Does not makes sense at all.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    will be in upcomming episodes ,patient! young captain ^^
    Post edited by garaks31 on
    Well, I hope you are right!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,824 Arc User
    Devs has said that CBS doesn't want any kind of system that allows changing of weapon effects, so doubt we will really see anything like what you're requesting.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I don't much care for DSC Omni's at all, mainly because the Omni hardpoint on the crossfield is totally stupid, firing from the top of a the bridge. :P
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    I would also rather have a krieger omni, but I am realistic. Nearly no one use krieger.... But, yes, generally speaking DBBs can not be made visually the same without omnis. I do not know why this so difficult to realise. Cryptic should be happy to have tons of mission rewards (=each omni type for one mission) and they have additional content (and randomisation) for lockbox. It seems a win-win situation to me.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Devs has said that CBS doesn't want any kind of system that allows changing of weapon effects.

Which, if you think about it, might have made sense back when we just had "phaser" "disruptor" "plasma" etc. But now that there's so many non-canon flavors of each energy type, there's no "oh, look, that's a Phaser ship" unified appearance anymore, to protect in the name of Star Trek Canon™.

I have a single energy type on each of my different alts' ships. But they all look like they're flying rainbow ships due to the million quest/rep/lockbox weapons.

But, yeah. I don't expect it to change.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Devs has said that CBS doesn't want any kind of system that allows changing of weapon effects.

Which, if you think about it, might have made sense back when we just had "phaser" "disruptor" "plasma" etc. But now that there's so many non-canon flavors of each energy type, there's no "oh, look, that's a Phaser ship" unified appearance anymore, to protect in the name of Star Trek Canon™.

I have a single energy type on each of my different alts' ships. But they all look like they're flying rainbow ships due to the million quest/rep/lockbox weapons.

I don't mix energy types but I often put the quad phaser cannon in with biomolecular phasers. I'd be fine with something that lets me, for example, make my biomolecular phasers normal orange.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Devs has said that CBS doesn't want any kind of system that allows changing of weapon effects, so doubt we will really see anything like what you're requesting.

That's a good example of the IP holder getting too nitpicky about what their lessee is doing.
    And like kiralyn said, there are soo many colors now that saying 'canon colors' is a pretty moot point now.

Game-wise I could see an argument for PvP; but that's mostly dead and wouldn't the impulse/shield/deflector skins also be bad for PvP? So why allow any of them if PvP was a concern.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    I think we now have at least one "special" omni for each energy type except Plasma?

The only thing I'd like to see is a "Pulse Phaser Omni" so that we can get a consistent "look" if using the JJTrek Pulse Phasers. Of course you can get a similar look with turrets, but then, they do way less damage, and are classed as "cannons" not beams for BOFF powers.

But I would like to see "craftable" JJTrek/DSC/TOS style weapons, at least for aesthetics (sound, visuals), they wouldn't necessarily have to have the same proc's.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    Honestly, I do not understand "the canon" argument of the IP holder. We already have green phasers, orange disruptor, and God knows what colors. We already can create miriad of color combination, just not on the exact hardpoints.
    But why are there no Krieger omnis at all? Why is there only two or one omni of certain type? I do not think it has anything to do with IP.
    It is also stupid. Omnis could be mission or reputation rewards, something that Cryptic do not have to work for.
    So yeah, it is a mystery to me why they keeping this omni rules.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »

I don't mix energy types but I often put the quad phaser cannon in with biomolecular phasers. I'd be fine with something that lets me, for example, make my biomolecular phasers normal orange.

Thats what most folk would like.

To have the option for a cosmetic slot to unify the shot colour. A thing that could even be monetized by selling warframe like shader packs for 100zen a pop.

The "its not canon argument" stopped holding water a very long time ago and to enforce a change to canon only colours could be disasterous for the games population if it ended up locking weapon types to ships or factions. Unless of course the colour was hardcoded into the ship itself but even that wouldn't necessarily be popular as the new shiny weapon would only ever be seen with the tarnished old look.
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    If only there were 5 R&D levels that, once achieved, would allow the player to craft weapons in the 'flavor' they wanted beyond the base damage type...
    edited October 2018
    Or make level 20 unlock opening when you already have an omni of that type. The possibilites are endless. Yes, it could be monetised quite well.

I do not ask to be able to change weapon effects. I ask for the capability for having enough in game omnis to have the same weapons on a ship.
    edited October 2018
    double post
This discussion has been closed.