test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Episodes and Available in Mission Journal

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
I moved this here because the other post was about the arrangement of old missions.

Jumping off point....this post from Chrian....

+++++++++++++++
Hello again @where2r1 Here is the information you requested.
Klingon Mandatory missions when skipping normal tutorial:
smaller tutorial:
Ready for battle
First city

After getting First city , Secrets of Nimbus is Available from K'men

Empire
Duties of Command
the hunt is on
Space chase

Cardassian Struggle
Lost and found

Borg Advance
Report on Borg Activities

New Romulus
New Romulus AId

Solanae Dyson Sphere
Circles within circles
Supply woes

Delta Quadrant
Escalation
The Kobali Front

Chancellor J'mpok offered the optional arc hand-offs: Cold War, Lost Dominion, and Spectres after completion of

Yesterday's War ARC missions:
Temporal Ambassador
The Once and future Agent
The Core of the Matter
Vorgon Conclusions
Terminal Expanse

I'm inquiring into the proper team to why those hand-offs were moved so far down the list and why they require the near arc completion.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    This weekend I am working with my Ferasan Delta Recruit because

1.) He was furthest along on mission completion of the old Episode list
    (Delta Recruit needed to get all the way through Breen Arc for rewards).

2.) He did not do very many of the Featured Episodes, so it gives clean indication of what is going on.

3.) I am looking for: Wasteland, the Nimbus 3 stuff. Which is conspicuously missing. Should be in the Available tab : "After getting First city , Secrets of Nimbus is Available from K'men"

++++++++++++++

Looking at the current Epidodes tab, following is completed: Empire, Warzone, Fek'lhri Return, Vigilance, Romulan Mystery, Cardassian Struggle, Borg Advance, New Romulus...this weekend I am working on Solanae Dyson Sphere.

This character has not completed Episodes: Delta Quadrant, Iconian War, Future Proof, New Frontiers, Gamma Quadrant or Age of Discovery.

This character has completed Yesterday's War arc because that arc would lock him from missions in the old Episode listing. Matter of fact, I finished Yesterday's War on all my "main" characters to get it out of my way.

Age of Discovery, is unlocked for everybody, for now.

Here is a picture of his current Episodes tab of the Mission Journal:
    https://i.imgur.com/SoouCX7.jpg

++++++++++++++++

Now, on to the Available tab...which starts out well enough:

This character has following available: "Cold War" Mission Replay, "Lost Dominion: The 2800" Mission Replay, "Specters" Mission Replay and Ambassador Surah gives the Daily stuff at Deferi.

See pic: https://i.imgur.com/aPbYvvC.jpg

No Nimbus stuff, yet.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The main question that I have about this is if you did the Nimbus stuff on that character already? Judging by where you said it was before Age of Discovery, I would bet that you had. None of my characters that already had done Nimbus have replays available in the Available tab. At this point, only my Romulan characters that had already done it can replay it, since they still have it in the Episodes tab.

In other words, this might be working as intended. If so, I would definitely make sure to set any Nimbus Pirate Distress Calls that your characters have, or get in the future, to Protected, because if you accidentally sell or delete them, there would be no easy way to get them back.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    Scrolling down to the next "page" of the Available tab....things start looking wonky.

Chancellor J'mpok seems to want to give me Cold War, Lost Dominon, Secrets (AoD) and Specters.

The "introductory" missions is what J'mpok is giving....do not really NEED to be there for this character, who finished the missions and already have the "replays" on this same menu. NEW players would not, so they need J'mpok. Probably, needs to be looked at, if that is not how it is supposed to work.

The wonky thing is "Secrets". This is the lead in to the brand new Age of Discovery missions. Which is already a part of the Episodes tab and can be completely accessed from there!!! Why it is in the Available tab a second time?

Going further down the list Chancellor J'mpok is giving out all the Task Force Operations missions. These are queues. I skipped them, BUT they are still in Episodes tab. This is duplicates of the same missions. And they are in the Queue listing, aren't they? So, I get it...trying to get players into queues. But...

The double appearances in Episode AND Available tabs is not necessary...and not sure why the UI is doing this. Other than, maybe you haven't given it enough work to do. ????

This Available tab is getting longer by the minute.

Further down on this page....notice General Q'Nel...AND Hanchon Sadalore giving out Kobali Crisis I, II, III. This is NOT a duplicate, I don't think. This character never touched anything in the Delta Quadrant. Delta Quadrant is locked in Episodes tab....but can pick up these particular missions from the Available tab. I hadn't seen them in there in the previous incarnation of the Mission Journal.

See Pic: https://i.imgur.com/4Qb0gqd.jpg

Page 3 seems "normal" to me...this is the usual stuff that is always there.

One exception is Subcommander Kaol who is giving out Fluidic Destruction...but he is next.

See Pic: https://i.imgur.com/zkVVVr4.jpg

edited October 2018
    Scrolling down to the end of the Available tab.....

This is all pretty much about: Subcommander Kaol. The Omega Standoff is in the list twice in two different places. Tower Control is in the list twice in two different places. Both make their appearance in the Episode tab, too....so duplicates.

Fluidic Destruction and The Contested Zone are duplicates, in Episode and Available tabs.

See Pic: https://i.imgur.com/O2xGthl.jpg

++++++++++

Some stuff in Episode tab that has the status of "skip" is being added to Available.
    But do they need to be because it remains accessible from Episodes.
    TFOs can be replayed from the PvE Queues, too.

Intro to mission arcs no longer in the Episode tab was given a flag to go to a NPC Mission Giver "to make things less confusing for a new character". ???? But these Intro missions persist, even after they are flagged with "completed".

The whole thing with mission arcs no longer in the Episode tab could be handled by just making all missions playable directly in Available...whether in "replay" or "hail" or "completed" state. These need to be placed back in the proper sequence, too.

Subcommander Kaol mission flags are completely messed up. Populating the Available list in every state possible...and under separate headers. Plus still have access from Episodes tab. I really don't know what it is doing there.

And this is on Klingon characters with unfinished missions.
    Not sure how things are going with Federation or Romulan.

++++++++++++

And I am still looking for Nimbus.

I think all flags are being ignored because the program thinks it is still "locked".
    I hope the answer is that easy, anyways.

I believe it may unlock once I work my character up to "Yesterday's War" and replay them, again.
    I got a ways to go....need to finish (or skip) through: Delta and Iconian tomorrow.

edited October 2018
    Useful Info:

Archive of the older Episode List on the STO Wiki....
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170912150404/https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_missions

++++++++

Missions available Side Content in Sequence...copy and pasted from Wiki:

Spectres
    “Spectres” • “Skirmish” • “Spin the Wheel” • “What Lies Beneath” • “Everything Old is New” • “Night of the Comet”

Wasteland (Non-ROM)
    “Secrets of Nimbus” • “The Lost City of Paradise” • “Blind Men Tell All Tales” • “The Undying” • “A Fistful of Gorn” • “Installation 18”

Lost Dominion
    “Lost Dominion” • “Second Wave” • “Of Bajor” • “Operation Gamma” • “Facility 4028” • “Boldly They Rode”

Breen Invasion
    “Breen Invasion” • “Cold Call” • “Out in the Cold” • “Cold Comfort” • “Cold Case” • “Cold Storage”

anodynes wrote: »
    The main question that I have about this is if you did the Nimbus stuff on that character already?

Sorry, did not click on "refresh" in my browser, so I ended up ignoring what you were saying. I just wanted to jot down everything I was seeing before I signed off for the night. As I wanted to make notes of what I was seeing right from the start (all my pictures are labeled "starting point").

I most likely did do the Nimbus/Wasteland Episode arc already on this character.
    I am looking for the "replay" stuff....we aren't allowed to replay the stuff on Nimbus at all?
    Let me go browse through the missions and see why that may be.

I can not find a reason why these missions would be excluded from being replayed. Matter of fact, I like "Blind Men Tell No Tales"....where you fight your way up to Hassan's mountain stronghold. And I like "The Undying"...where you fight various "champions" in Hassan's arena. A player can pick up the Tsunkatse Falchion on that mission, too. They should be able to pick up that sword on every single BOFF on their ground team, if they wanted to.

++++++++

I am, looking at that Available tab is populating with so many missions. Why duplicating?
    It is my understanding that the Available tab is missions no longer accessible and would be "lost" to players, otherwise.

(Or needed to travel to access the mission giver. For example: Tour of the Galaxy guy is over in ESD for Fed, First City for KDF, I am not sure where the NPC is for Rom.....most people start that mission elsewhere.)

Example of a Lost mission....and one mission that probably should be added on to this Available tab is "Defense Contract". The mission in the Alhena System, that gives out Deuterium Surplus. It should appear in Available just like that mission "Sattelite Repair" in the Traelus System.

"Defense Contract" is still available but a lot of players don't know it exists. And why would they? There is no reason to be over by the Alhena System (well, maybe if you like Ker'rat or are making a new KDF character), and they by happenstance click on Alhena. Finding Deuterium Surplus mission has become all word of mouth. This is truly a lost mission.

Example of duplicating....this character shows NPC Galera giving the mission "Mindscape". This is new, it has popped up as of last night, you won't see it in any of my pics. It is the first mission in the Delta Quad line of stories. Yes, it is "available" since this character just finished Dyson Sphere arc, and unlocked Delta Quadrant in Episodes tab. But this does not need to be accessible in both menus?

Is this how they intended it to work? It gives the appearance that the Available tab is not secondary. That the Episode tab is following the lead provided there.

+++++++++++++++++

Expanding on my hunt for Nimbus/Wasteland replay in the menu....
    In the old Episode listing...Nimbus/Wasteland story arc came after completing Yesterday's War.

They changed Yesterday's War in the new Episodes menu. It is now after Iconian.
    They added the missions: "Temporal Ambassador" and "Survivor".
    My character never did "Survivor" as it was an Featured Episode mission.

I am wondering if Nimbus/Wasteland replay listing will show back up if I finish it, now.

Hmmm...

This character just picked up the mission "Mindscape", first Delta Quadrant mission.
    NPC Galera has disappeared from the Available tab.
    So, yeah, it really is a copy of what is on the Episode tab.

I will check after I finish the mission and wait the prerequisite 30 mins for the replay and see what happens.

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    As near as I can tell, only Romulans can replay Wasteland.
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Scrolling down to the end of the Available tab.....

This is all pretty much about: Subcommander Kaol. The Omega Standoff is in the list twice in two different places. Tower Control is in the list twice in two different places. Both make their appearance in the Episode tab, too....so duplicates.

Fluidic Destruction and The Contested Zone are duplicates, in Episode and Available tabs.

See Pic: https://i.imgur.com/O2xGthl.jpg

++++++++++

Some stuff in Episode tab that has the status of "skip" is being added to Available.
    But do they need to be because it remains accessible from Episodes.
    TFOs can be replayed from the PvE Queues, too.

Intro to mission arcs no longer in the Episode tab was given a flag to go to a NPC Mission Giver "to make things less confusing for a new character". ???? But these Intro missions persist, even after they are flagged with "completed".

The whole thing with mission arcs no longer in the Episode tab could be handled by just making all missions playable directly in Available...whether in "replay" or "hail" or "completed" state. These need to be placed back in the proper sequence, too.

Subcommander Kaol mission flags are completely messed up. Populating the Available list in every state possible...and under separate headers. Plus still have access from Episodes tab. I really don't know what it is doing there.

And this is on Klingon characters with unfinished missions.
    Not sure how things are going with Federation or Romulan.

++++++++++++

And I am still looking for Nimbus.

I think all flags are being ignored because the program thinks it is still "locked".
    I hope the answer is that easy, anyways.

I believe it may unlock once I work my character up to "Yesterday's War" and replay them, again.
    I got a ways to go....need to finish (or skip) through: Delta and Iconian tomorrow.

I have several level 65 characters and none of them can replay the Wasteland arc. I'm really hoping this is just a bug and not intended behavior.
    edited October 2018
    What a mess I have on my hands in that Available tab, now. I may as well ignore that Episodes tab because everything is in Available. It is 10-miles long, now. Only problem: I am not sure if any of the stuff in Available is in sequence!!!! I am tired of looking at this game, not gonna go compare proper sequences in the tabs. LOL!

This is what happens when you choose to skip missions. I don't dare look at my Ferengi's list...I rarely play Fed so, I skipped her all the way to that Lucky Ferengi mission so I could get her Leck's Throwing Knives.

I spent hours trying to get around bugs on the first few missions of that Delta Quad...I finally just dropped the missions. I experienced a mission with one shot hits delivered via torpedoes. I read about in threads in the Forums, but never had the experience till now. It was like: Huh? Well, nothing I could do for that. LOL!

I was getting eye strain for being on the computer for so long. I ended up falling asleep this afternoon, never got done with Delta Quad or Iconian story arcs. So, skipped through them all tonight. Just so I could get to that Yesterday's War and do "Survivor" and finish that story arc.

Which I did...and....still no Nimbus. LOL! It is a shame. But I figured it wouldn't work.
    But my Ferasan got that Romulan Operative ground set...he will try it out for a while.

I have several level 65 characters and none of them can replay the Wasteland arc. I'm really hoping this is just a bug and not intended behavior.

I have to say, after doing some of these "upper level" missions this weekend, I find I favor the "lower level" missions, as far as playing them. I think, at the upper level they get to be more and more cut scenes....pausing for more and more mini games...stopping for more and more reading....and NPC tricks.

A lot of waiting around.

Thank god I made 7-8 new characters at the last Delta Recruit event, 4 Jem'hadars and a AoD....so I can stick to playing the older low level missions for a long time.

edited October 2018
    Now, that I had time to sit back and think about it.....

I think the reason Wasteland is not visible to all Factions is:

They can only program that "replay" flag to either send mission to the Available tab OR to Episode tab....set by playing the mission on your character.

Because everything with a "Hail" flag is showing up on the Available tab...we will see Wasteland/Nimbus when the program unlocks it at the end of the tutorial/beginning of regular content....but do not see it on replay (because that got set to Romulans Episode tab).

SOOOOOO....the only oddball thing is how the program is recognizing "Skip". There is no way to differentiate between the "Hail" condition set from mission being unlocked to play, and "Hail" condition caused by "Skip".

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I wrote this in the thread "[PC] Streamlining the Mission Journal" before "Age of Discovery":
    frtoaster wrote: »
    4. Here's a radical idea. Get rid of mission prerequisites entirely. I have many old characters. Between all your mission revamps and mission journal reordering, their mission progress is a mess. You cannot assume that people will play your missions in order, especially if you keep changing the order. Also, there have been bugs in the past with missions becoming locked or even disappearing entirely from the mission journal.

All episodes locked after release of new featured episode "home" (Fixed)
    Story Missions, 1% from losing it completely.

Clearly, the system is complex and error-prone. The worst is the "Yesterday's War" arc with missions popping up in the middle of other arcs.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Yesterday's_War

Just let us play any mission at any time. I don't really care what the flow of the story should be if I have to spend minutes figuring out how to unblock an episode, and in the worst case, discovering that it's a bug rather than a failure on my part to meet some prerequisite.

I think the devs should seriously consider this. The current system is complex and error-prone. Forget this mission-unlocking business. Just let us play any mission at any time. Who cares if someone plays the missions out of order. I'd rather have that than unplayable missions, because Cryptic can't get the mission unlocks working right.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited October 2018
    Hmmm...it depends...how are they locking the "faction specific" missions to each faction?? If it is utilizing this "error-prone" mechanic, what you (and I, in a couple of different threads, previous to this one) suggest may not work.

What may work is: adding another condition? There is: Locked, Hail, In Progress, Replay and add one for Unlocked??? I think right now they are using Locked (or something similar) to block stuff from different players as well as Factions.

If they add a category "Unlocked" they may be able to fix things like this Installation 18 for specific players, too. Or, maybe, fix Pavyl who is stuck in night time instances, for some folks.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    I decided today to update a very old KDF toon I haven't really played in ages. Ya trying to do any newer mission is pure frustration. I realize I hadn't even accepted any of my promotion missions and that bugged out and won't complete either. Cryptic really just needs to unlock all the missions. I really don't want to have to play 8 hours of content to unlock a couple newer missions I want to run for gear
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    @husanakx , Which character is having issues I can investigate and verify if any missions are not resolving correctly. For Promotion missions as KDF you will need to talk to the ship requisition npc in the ship yard.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @husanakx , Which character is having issues I can investigate and verify if any missions are not resolving correctly. For Promotion missions as KDF you will need to talk to the ship requisition npc in the ship yard.

Toon is
    Qaw' Zen@husanak

Mission [promotion] Dahar Master

If I'm in sector (anywhere but Q'nos) It says go to first city
    If I go to first city... it is blank. I did talk to J'mpok. It is in the mission log with no entries.

Also same type of issue not sure if its related.
    [Fleet Research daily- Science]
    Temporal Anomoly Calibrater.
    I ran the doff mission... it completed and the mission never completed.

Not sure if I have anything else stuck. I dropped a handful of very very old missions that are not possible to complete anymore, like fight humans in nebulas ect. (year one stuff :)) I don't know if some really old mission I have is causing an issue or what. I tried to drop all the ancient missions. I had a bunch.

PS Thanks.
    --- The fleet research mission did complete when I talked to the mission giver again. Not sure why it didn't the first time. Also not sure what I completed but I logged back in this evening and a dyson supply mission popped that was greyed out... after I completed that I was able to skip missions forward again. Still have the same issue with the promotion mission seeming to be stuck in limbo.
    Post edited by husanakx on
    They moved the Klingon Promos up to the Qo'nos Shipyard.

Run up there and talk to the ship requisitions. If you have not been to the Qo'nos shipyard in a while....walk past the Orion contact (for that mission where you are hunting down Frankin Drake after he escapes the prison) and talk to the guy at the console (dais with ship display) at the bottom of the stairs.

The Promotion prompts should go: meet with J'mpok at Qo'nos...when you get to First City, it should change to go to the Shipyard on Qo'nos (you don't speak with J'mpok at all)....when you get to the Shipyard it should change to Requisitions. Or something like this.

OK....revisiting my KDF Level 65 Delta Recruit today... Wow.
    I had to look at it for a while to figure out what it was doing.

The Available tab is a mess with "Replays", "Skipped" and "Dailies" jumbled together. Ambassador Kaol still appears 4 different times as the mission giver...he has the Dyson Sphere stuff. I wonder if that is because I skipped through Dyson story.

But gosh darn it, I got ALL the Story Arcs on the Episodes tab sidebar menus unlocked for this character, except for "New Frontiers" with the Lukari, and "Gamma Quadrant", the new Jem'Hadar stuff.

I think I figured out I will probably not get the "Nimbus 3" Wasteland missions to replay because it is set to go in Episodes tab for Romulans.

++++++++++

So...NOTE TO SELF....start playing some of these skipped missions, to get that Available tab cleared out. To see what is left.

edited November 2018
    After patching 15 Nov 2018 :
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11014973

I don't see any changes.... I still have the contact for The Atlai, Vastam Peaks, Radiation scan Doc...not sure which one is Haweal Ruins.

I am looking at a Level 65 Klingon character....so do the patch notes apply to Fed side, only????
    I have to check my Feds too....for other issues...so I will switch over there for a bit.
    • Removed several episode requirements for the New Romulus Accolade:
    • The Atlai
    • Vastam Peaks
    • Paehos Crater
    • Haweal Ruins

Well...it must mean requirements for something else...because it is still in the Available tab for my Feds, too. I am too tired to worry about it.