test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online's 2018/2019 Roadmap!

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Sounds really good! :)

I've really grown to like my AoD character and I look forward to plenty more DISCO related content in the game. With only the starting experience and a couple of AoD missions, I've been left hungry for MOAR!!! :D There are still a lot of things from the show I hope make it to the game like the tactical vest! *wink, wink* ;)
    I do like the DISCO aesthetics and I think Cryptic did a wonderful job bringing them to STO, the Walker bridge is awesome, the Nimitz Class is amazing and the starter Malachowsky Class looks so nice that I truly hope it makes it to T6, if not as a stand-alone at least as a T6 Miranda skin.

And really people, chill out and enjoy the game. AoD has barely even begun, of course it would be all AoD related content on this 6 month roadmap. If anything, I'd expect AoD to continue at least for a year - year and a half if not more, cause it ties nicely with the Season 2 of DISCO and we seemingly have CBS on board for all of this, which is pretty great actually.

So yeah, exciting news and really looking forward to the continuation of the AoD storyline and related content in the game!
    Thanks Cryptic for the transparency and sharing the roadmap with us. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Get to know the future of Star Trek Online. For the first time, we're revealing a roadmap of our plans on PC and Console up until the first half of 2019. Got questions? Make sure to watch #TenForwardWeekly next week!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11010493

This all sounds very exciting! Looking forward to seeing the story build and evolve in the coming months.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    People, please!, no flame wars by the end of the year, please!!, people are entitled to their opinion, they don't like Discovery, well that's their problem, but please don't drag this into another flame war (And we complain that STO has too many wars).

Personally, i love the new content, i'm very interested in the new Winter ship (for my KDF toons, no less... free!, yay!), and i like the Discovery content a lot, it's fun!.

So, i thank the devs for informing us ahead of time, so i can organize and and get some free time for this, and please, focus on the important thing here, THEY ARE FINNALLY INFORMING US of whats new!, you may like or dislike Discovery, but please encourage the devs to inform us more often!

Thats all!, thanks!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    A roadmap for STO yay

Shame they actually use a satnav similar to the one in game that ends up miles away from the target destination

2 more parts of disco. Meh. Can't wait for the unskippable cutscenes and junk green rewards for those ones as they continue to try and justify the abrupt ending of VIL and content that could have come from it. I really hope the CBS paycheck was worth dumping that in the long run.

Will the queue system on console still be borked by january and the next event? The breach is a struggle due to how few zones with multple instances there are making the instance hop fix.

Fekhiri are tied into the KDF lore and to still not have a t6 kar'fi (one of the inaugural store ships) before they cross faction and dump them into winter is just a bad idea. Great no more breen ship reruns but why not a faction agnostic race.
  • anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    People, please!, no flame wars by the end of the year, please!!, people are entitled to their opinion, they don't like Discovery, well that's their problem, but please don't drag this into another flame war (And we complain that STO has too many wars).

We are vocal because we care about the game and the future smell bad, and what's the point of having a forum if it's only to expect approval by your player base? That's the purpose of a forum, get good and bad review and opinions. An thrust me a forum with a lot a rants is the sign that something is wrong and devs should care about this situtation.

coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Actually...while lots of rants maybe a sign that the devs are doing something wrong from a player PoV, it does not mean they are doing so from an economic PoV. They all need to eat after all. If getting ...

The same story happened to another game, Marvel Heroes, a Mmoarpg with a strong playerbase a good devs team who takes care, and a lots of happy whales spending their money. But they wanted more money so they put the game on console market, made huge changes, changes that made the playerbase unhappy. after months of rants and negative opinions, they release a controversial update, the whales took their money elsewhere and the game begun to die.. less than a year after the game went offline in big walk of shame.

Does this scenario remind you something? Console port, big changes (NWS, STF, sb24), the rants and bad opinions about a Update (the Discovery integration...)

coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The only hope I have out of all of that Discovery content, is that we get MU versions of the Crossfield and Walker, MU Discovery uniforms. and holographic MU Discovery bridge officers.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Does this scenario remind you something?

Only the usual DOOOOOOOOOOOOM posts that follow every major update. ;)

(I would question how much any of this has to do with the game and how much has to do with personal fatigue. It's fairly easy to read in posts which jump to the hyperbole of something is seriously wrong with the game and its development when the impetus for that is a larger than usual season update, inclusion of yet another ST property (oh the unexpected horror), and confirmation of the broad strokes of Cryptic development [the road map is great for console players, but for PC it's roughly we'd expect, barring a few specific announcements.])

jcsww wrote: »
    The only hope I have out of all of that Discovery content, is that we get MU versions of the Crossfield and Walker, MU Discovery uniforms. and holographic MU Discovery bridge officers.

IMO I'd rather just have fully customizable MU DSC-era bridge officers. Holograms can be good fun but their nature is more or less a cop-out to good personal story telling (such as is inherent in making your own bridge crew.)

"Here's a simulation of an interesting person, imagine what your crew would be like if you actually had someone like this on your crew!"

I know you can also write a good story about a hologram struggling with self-actualization in those circumstances but the opportunities for that are many and various already. There's not much more to get out of it when you've already played it out with the TOS crew, DS9 crew, Ferengi, and/or others. I think character holoboffs should be a very special thing, reserved for promotions and the occasional humorous lock box prize. It's not a good baseline to set for STO crew building.

Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Only its not just the usual when long term loyal people are stopping playing or taking long breaks. Writing off negative feedback as the usual people moaning is a bad idea although some of it does fall into that not all of it does. When you have the hard core players leaving there is a problem beyond just the usual doooom posts.
  • czechmarkczechmark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    By what measure? The original Romulan, Cardassian, Borg, and Undine arcs had no story, and now they do.
    Eh, revamps are a mixed bag, especially on pacing of stories, and these are no different. The new Romulan Arc is an improvement, if needing at least one more mission to pad out the outline. The new Cardassian arc was profoundly lacking. Instead of expanding why the Cardassians are still in civil war, and even perhaps finding a way to help them find a means to end it/truly reconile with the Bajorans (which the original storyline at least tried to do), they become mere lackeys to another power, with a random Bajoran Prophet/Mirror Universe storyline inserted into the middle that should've been its own several episode arc. The Borg arc was mostly unchanged, barring some nice foreshadowing with the Spheres, but "Where Angels Fear to Tread" making no sense now - in every other part of the game, the Tal Shiar experimenting with Borg technology (including civilians) is put down with extreme prejudice, yet we have the option of assisting and sparing war criminals, even as a Romulan Republic player? Almost as bad as the removed episode where our character gets tricked into destroying a Romulan Imperial medical facility.

The Undine barely have a story anymore (not that they had a great one beforehand), and they technically were among the first and most important proxies manipulated by the Iconians (along with the Romulan Tal Shiar) in story, half the reason the game's universe is the way it is. One of the more inventive and truly alien designs in star trek and in game, yet their implied shadow war with the powers of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants has been virtually excised, and their storyline abruptly ended, making it impossible to take seriously any implication that the Klingons were remotely justified in their wasteful war of pride. I also preferred the older implication in missions that the Klingons were just as infiltrated, entirely in line with how both the Romulans and the Dominion manipulated the Klingons in TNG and DS9. It also made the Federation-Klingon war more morally grey, since neither side was entirely right or wrong. It's not as though "Make the Empire Great Again" is a recent innovation of DSC - That's been the case since at least TNG (long before any contemporary political debates), and bled into subsequent shows (DS9, VOY, ENT...). The new Klingon War missions are okay, but I'd want to see much more expansion of the Klingon War on both sides; otherwise the whole peacemaking process later in game becomes rather trite (as in "Why didn't you idiots do this already? Does my captain have to do everything? Don't we have embassies for this reason?").

But then there's all kinds of neat story hooks likely never to be addressed, like the Gorn Rebels, Syndicate maneuvering (we barely get Hassan and he doesn't even try to bribe an Orion player - missed opportunity there), why the Ferengi aren't part of the Empire (their main ships are Marauders, after all), again, the Cardassian civil war, why the Terran Empire went evil yet again... I do understand that CBS has veto power, so certain storylines are probably just not allowed, but there's so much wasted potential. Quite frankly, I would have happily waited for next year for Age of Discovery, as it sounds like there's more content lined up. A Fek'ihri ship sounds quite interesting, though - one of the more creative designs from the game and I like their new storyline, especially if more is done with it.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Only its not just the usual when long term loyal people are stopping playing or taking long breaks.

Fun fact, player turn-over is background to any video game community. Citing individual examples cannot logically distinguish between business as usual and a real change in community dynamics, the comparison has absolutely no statistical power (even at the level of ad-hoc reasoning, this matters) and argumentative weight thereby. That's not true for the devs though. Cryptic almost certainly has stats on this phenomena and can probably quantify the rate of player turn-over between different age classes (referring to how long someone's been playing STO) and test that data against a particular update to see if there's actually been a significant change between blocks of time (see. reaching an informed opinion with available data.)

Turn-over (at the level of it meaning more than a personal anecdote) is a terrible argument (player-side) to lean on to try to inflate the importance of individual feedback by association (rather than giving it in a more direct way that speaks for itself) because at best you can only provide cryptic with redundant confirmation of what they already know. For that non-gain, you risk turning constructive feedback into a blind rant (even if you happen on the correct answer, what matters is how you got there); thereby diluting its potential impact (from which you may try to recover by escalating the severity or the emotion of the issue, resulting in progressively less tenable position further diminishing its impact.)

So, you can write off someone's post (distinct from the individual) expressing community-level doom as the result of customary changes (ex. a season update) because noting that logical disconnect can help someone refocus on specific issues for which actionable changes are possible (assuming of course they don't resort to a personality-based conflict to preserve their original tack in discussion for the sake of a single factor.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Boy I sure do remember when Legacy of Romulus turned STO into Romulans Online for the rest of eternity. That sure was a thing that happened, right, guys?

Well, the Romulans did take over a Sphere, almost two... ;) Seriously, though, Legacy of Romulus was pretty popular if I remember correctly. I liked it, lots of content, a somewhat distinct faction, great story. I'd like Discovery more if they had done something with it now, or waited until the Spring with a lot more content - AoY, VIL, LoR, Delta, even the Lukari/Tzenkethi were all really enjoyable for the most part. My discovery guy is comparatively superfluous - yet another Federation variant like AoY, and AoY came with a lot of very cool content and story (I could even take Daniels, who I find rather annoying - at least he's not Drake XD). I am not a fan of the new Queue system, which was the biggest change with AoD, and the AoD big bad didn't get enough buildup - why would I think she's a big deal compared to, say, the Iconians, Undine, Borg, Voth, Tholians, Mirror Empire, or TLF? For that matter, normal Fed/KDF/Rom ships should be able to blast her outdated skow out of the sky!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

Only its not just the usual when long term loyal people are stopping playing or taking long breaks. Writing off negative feedback as the usual people moaning is a bad idea although some of it does fall into that not all of it does. When you have the hard core players leaving there is a problem beyond just the usual doooom posts.

Except people did, or threatened to do that with just about every update. I've been around long enough to recall how people acted with Kelvin timeline was introduced, the fits people pitched with the Iconian War. Even AoY caused people to pitch fits and threaten to quit, or straight up quit because... reasons.
    I honestly do not know any fanbase other than Star Trek that hates its own franchise so much. And I'm in the Star Wars fandom too you know, but that one still have nothing on the Star Trek fanbase. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn tragic.

And the latest episodes and the promise of more have also brought back old time loyal players who's been away for a while, like half my damn fleet. I'm telling you, logging in and seeing people I haven't seen online in a year or more was a wonderful surprise, so far I've heard far more positive feedback than negative from them, they just steer clear of the forum here because of the aggressive negativity towards anyone who likes Discovery and the toxicity of the commentor base in general here.
    Heck there are times when I wonder why I bother with this place. Reddit is bad enough, but this hellpit?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
    edited October 2018
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Except people did, or threatened to do that with just about every update. I've been around long enough to recall how people acted with Kelvin timeline was introduced, the fits people pitched with the Iconian War. Even AoY caused people to pitch fits and threaten to quit, or straight up quit because... reasons.
    I honestly do not know any fanbase other than Star Trek that hates its own franchise so much. And I'm in the Star Wars fandom too you know, but that one still have nothing on the Star Trek fanbase. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn tragic.

Now who's being dramatic ;) Seriously though, try looking into "Doctor Who" for heated opinions - easily rivals Star Trek and been around about as long, with considerably more televised content. For that matter, Star Trek is an old Franchise with a lot of material - this kind of turnover is inevitable, though quite annoying. Star Wars is younger and has maybe a handful of films over several decades (And I heard people got mad about Disney's decision to excise the novel universe)? Plus compared to other expansions, AoD is currently rather... lacking. I will reiterate, I would have waited till next year for a more complete story and expansive content.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Only its not just the usual when long term loyal people are stopping playing or taking long breaks.

Fun fact, player turn-over is background to any video game community. Citing individual examples cannot logically distinguish between business as usual and a real change in community dynamics, the comparison has absolutely no statistical power (even at the level of ad-hoc reasoning, this matters) and argumentative weight thereby. That's not true for the devs though. Cryptic almost certainly has stats on this phenomena and can probably quantify the rate of player turn-over between different age classes (referring to how long someone's been playing STO) and test that data against a particular update to see if there's actually been a significant change between blocks of time (see. reaching an informed opinion with available data.)

Turn-over (at the level of it meaning more than a personal anecdote) is a terrible argument (player-side) to lean on to try to inflate the importance of individual feedback by association (rather than giving it in a more direct way that speaks for itself) because at best you can only provide cryptic with redundant confirmation of what they already know. For that non-gain, you risk turning constructive feedback into a blind rant (even if you happen on the correct answer, what matters is how you got there); thereby diluting its potential impact (from which you may try to recover by escalating the severity or the emotion of the issue, resulting in progressively less tenable position further diminishing its impact.)

So, you can write off someone's post (distinct from the individual) expressing community-level doom as the result of customary changes (ex. a season update) because noting that logical disconnect can help someone refocus on specific issues for which actionable changes are possible (assuming of course they don't resort to a personality-based conflict to preserve their original tack in discussion for the sake of a single factor.)
    That's not a fun fact and while some player turnover is normal, what I was saying is you shouldn’t blindly just assume its all normal and write off all negative feedback as it’s just the usual doom posts as it’s not. Some of it is just the usual doom posts but not all it.

You are also wrong as individuals can logically distinguish between business as usual and real change in community dynamics. You do not need absolute statistical power to see that.

It is not a wise move to automatically write off posts in the way you do. That is not conductive to finding out the real cause of the problem or finding actionable changes to fix the reason the players are leaving. The fact is the recent changes have unset a batch of players and driven them away from the game as either a break or a full quit. Included in that batch of players are hard core fans who don't normal take breaks unless there is a real underlying problem. People doing what you do has killed many a business.
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Nice to see that we're getting a Fek'ihri ship this year. I kinda suspected as much. Fingers-crossed for a Drek'hi Dreadnought Cruiser or a K'norr Heavy Escort/Warship/Destroyer.

Still, it'd also be great if we could also get an unlockable Breen uniform or some such as a little "send off" for the Breen ships. I mean, we got all the ships, a space equipment set, an appropriate set of BOff training manuals and kit modules, let us make our own "Breen" with a fitting uniform already!
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Actually...while lots of rants maybe a sign that the devs are doing something wrong from a player PoV, it does not mean they are doing so from an economic PoV. They all need to eat after all. If getting one TRIBBLE hater who hasn't spent money in 2 years to leave causes 10 people who like TRIBBLE to join and 3 of them start to spend money in the game, no matter how much the people who hate TRIBBLE complain, it makes more economic sense to do what the TRIBBLE hater hates and what the new fans of TRIBBLE wants...

I'll start by saying that I don't know what other players spend on STO, but I used to spend between $100.00 and $200.00/month on Zen to buy ships (I had every C-Store Federation ship--including Fleet versions--prior to the new Ambassador class, and no TRIBBLE ships), dilithium, lockbox keys, fleet modules, and goodies like uniform packs for my toons. My last purchase was $200.00 in July for the ViL Gamma Vanguard Pack ($130.00 at the time). That was my last purchase as soon as AoD was announced and TRIBBLE was introduced into the game. Why? Because I dislike the look of Star Trek Discontinuity. It is the worst aesthetic change to Star Trek over it's 50-years (and there have been many changes, some drastic), and not worth my money. I'm not telling other people not to play or spend their money on it. If they like TRIBBLE, then they can spend the cash to support it. What I'm giving you here coldnaplm is an example of a "whale" who is moving on to richer oceans (Eve Online). I won't compare Eve to STO here since the admins here tend to get into a tizzy if I do. However, I will add to your comment that while your scenario may well be the case, the converse may also be true with the caveat that it is CBS, not Cryptic, that is driving TRIBBLE into STO as a marketing tool to try and force Trekkies to like Star Trek Discontinuity (or DIScontinuity, or DISCOntinuity, or DiSContinuity, no matter the acronym Discontinuity still fits). The problem for Cryptic is that those of us who started with this game back in 2009/2010 did so because we love the Matt Jefferies, Franz Joseph and especially Rich Sternbach aesthetic for Star Trek. THE most profitable ship in this game is/was the T6 ST:TMP Constitution class refit because for many of us that grew up with Star Trek, that version of the Constitution class was the iconic "symbol" of Star Trek. I should know, I spent hundreds of dollars on R&D packs to try and get the darn thing (to no avail). I did however have TWO Vengeance class Dreadnoughts (for two different toons), two Bulwark Dreads (for two different toons, bought a lot of dilithium for that), and one toon with so many different lobi ships and a few lockbox specials it was sick.
    I have invested so much money into this game that I cannot just delete my toons, nor am I going to give my toons away (or their stuff).
    So, to your point about taking a "break", that's what I'm doing indefinitely unless things change for the better.
    I'm hoping that one of two things (or both) will happen.
    Either CBS will get its act together and the aesthetic of Star Trek Discontinuity will be changed to be inline with the 50-years of previously established Star Trek aesthetic, OR, TRIBBLE will be slowly sunsetted from STO after this initial blitz and STO will get back to normal Star Trek content; or both, meaning the Bryan Fuller/Aaron Harberts version of the aesthetic for Star Trek will be scrapped and a new--more correct--aesthetic will replace the Discontinuous one.

+1

Been here since beta. The T6 TOS through STO era Fed ships I *don't* own I can count on one hand with fingers left over. (And I have *3* TOS/TMP Connies I love that ship so much!!!) Now every one of my ships has the new show's warp sounds and I don't even see it acknowledged as a problem to be addressed. I'll check in and support my fleet as I can, but the upcoming and the state of current content means I can afford new add-on planes and gear for my flight simulator software until things change.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @oldravenman3025 said:
    > andromeda981 wrote: »
    >
    > darthmeow504 wrote: »
    >
    > anyajenkins wrote: »
    >
    > Disco part2 and 3... This is suicide... like Marvel Heroes...prepare yourself for the last year of what use to be a great game...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is exactly what they promised it wouldn't be... all Disco all the time. Not even a mention of the coming 40th anniversary of TMP (1979-2019). Classic Trek is dead here. We can't even play the old Classic Trek content anymore because they've stripped most of it out of the game to make it TRIBBLE-compliant.
    >
    > I've barely played since they announced AoSTD, and I have not logged in once since it launched. It looks like I'll not be doing so until winter event, unless they slime that with TRIBBLE oozings as well. I guess I'll be logging off again after that until summer and Risa, again on the same condition they not Disco that up too.
    >
    > RIP to STO, 2010-2018. It's STDO now. The only thing they haven't done yet is change the name. But the writing is now clearly on the wall.
    >
    > Does anyone have a rollback server we could play?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How awful it must be for you, truly. To deal with such... difficulties. Good bye now. Don't let the doors redshirt you on the way out.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The poster you're being snide to has a right to their opinion, even if everybody doesn't agree with him/her. There is no need for the CDF BS here.
    >
    >
    >
    > seaofsorrows wrote: »
    >
    > darthmeow504 wrote: »
    >
    > anyajenkins wrote: »
    >
    > Disco part2 and 3... This is suicide... like Marvel Heroes...prepare yourself for the last year of what use to be a great game...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is exactly what they promised it wouldn't be... all Disco all the time. Not even a mention of the coming 40th anniversary of TMP (1979-2019). Classic Trek is dead here. We can't even play the old Classic Trek content anymore because they've stripped most of it out of the game to make it TRIBBLE-compliant.
    >
    > I've barely played since they announced AoSTD, and I have not logged in once since it launched. It looks like I'll not be doing so until winter event, unless they slime that with TRIBBLE oozings as well. I guess I'll be logging off again after that until summer and Risa, again on the same condition they not Disco that up too.
    >
    > RIP to STO, 2010-2018. It's STDO now. The only thing they haven't done yet is change the name. But the writing is now clearly on the wall.
    >
    > Does anyone have a rollback server we could play?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > lol
    >
    > Game is doing just fine without you.. bye!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > seaofsorrows. Private First Class, Third Squad, Second Platoon, "Dog" Company, 96th Fanboi Battalion, Cryptic Defense Force, has reported for duty, folks.
    >
    >
    > See how counterproductive that response was? That's in the same realm of asinine responses as yours above was.
    >
    >
    > The primary purpose of these forums is FEEDBACK. And part of giving FEEDBACK is expressing displeasure at the state of the game, and people agreeing or disagreeing in a civil manner. If we didn't allow for that, it wouldn't be STO Forums. It would be "Fanboi Sycophant Online Forums". There are plenty of other places on the tubes if you are looking for an echo chamber. And it doesn't help the developers get a feel for the playerbase that uses the forums, to get a general idea of what works and what doesn't.

Honestly I loved your post. The one thing worse then rage quite posts is people being snide to people who are unhappy about the direction of STO. Honestly I have such a huge back log of content to play as it is I really don't care what STO does right now, it's not a priority. Plus I'm too busy with Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG right now. I don't know if I'll find the time to roll a TRIBBLE character any time soon honestly, too busy. Maybe next year.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I wasn't the biggest fan of a TOS faction being added into the game but STO made it work. I didn't want the Kelvin reboot stuff anywhere near the game but again, it was made bearable. I will always despite any initial grumbles give the game the benefit of the doubt because for the past 7 years ish it has provided. Saved sidelined characters like Sela and made something wonderful from them. Even though everything was to blame on the Iconians we saw 8472, Elachi and Bluegill in new light. The Discovery content we have received thus far however has not met my expectations, yes I hate Discovery but I also hate the Kelvin reboot films, but this was the first time my grumbles and worries were realised. I will not abandon the game as I do have some faith left in me that good storytelling will return and the storylines will continue to progress instead of regress but as they say I will vote with my wallet so if the Discovery era becomes the new standard then my time of buying the packs to go with expansions will be over. And if statistics matter I will not be using the Discovery era character unless forced to. Yes, passions can run hot and expressing those passions can turn into flame wars but not every expression of dissatisfaction should just be waved away or targeted, just as no one should target someone who is immensely fond of the current direction. It's probably a moot point as I'd say it's a safe bet the devs don't really care what we think one way or another but that doesn't mean we can't have a civilised exchange of opinions no matter how wildly they vary.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Am I missing something? No Battle at the Binary stars for PC?
    We get it in November.
    still no pirate ships? - Captain Harlock
    We have Miradorn pirate ships and I think a Husnock ship.

We also have the Amerie pirate ship too -
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    My Klingons want some more Discovery lovin !
    Wasn't lucky enough to get the ship of the dead ... : (
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    I must say, I find it somewhat amusing to see people that seemingly had no issues (at least not to the point of stopping to invest money or leaving STO) when the Jurrasic Park a.k.a. Dinosaurs with freakin' laz0rz on their heads season hit holodeck or didn't mind the aesthetics of tons of alien ships around ESD being utilized by Starfleet for some reason, not to mention officers dressed like Bozo the clown running around on missions, but a couple of Discovery themed episodes and we're suddenly jumping ship.

Because Starfleet flying Iconian gargantuan whatstheirname space magic ships makes more sense then everything we've seen in Star Trek: Discovery. Flawless logic, Surak would be envious. ;):D
    HQroeLu.jpg