test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable To Upgrade Kit Modules After Patch?!

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
Anybody else got this?

Tried a Force Verify and both ground and space.

Worked before the patch, I ran out of ground upgrades so waited for today.

Comments

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    When I try to upgrade a Mk XIV Shield Generator or Force Field Dome or Beam Turret the Upgrade Item window says the items are at max level and it won't let me slot any tech upgrades.

Something seriously wrong here I just had an adapted MACO shield on one of my BOFFs do the same thing, stuck at MK XIII on one and two of them have unupgradable at all MK XIIs.

Crafted a new adapted MACO shield and it also is unupgradable same as the kit modules.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    That's weird. I just upgraded tons of ground gear including kit modules. Screenshots would definitely help.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The shield dome is normal. It says maximum quality, not maximum level. You just can't upgrade modules to EPIC.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Some modules are not upgradeable - the specialization modules from the dil store are not.
    edited October 2018
    OK that's weird, the Weapons Malfunction and the Medical Generator modules upgraded fine (again before the last patch.)

I can vouch that newly purchased (Exchange) common modules of the type that did upgrade no longer are upgradable.

These are just run of the mill modules I think I got as loot drops over the years.

What about the adapted MACO shields? Some of them upgraded, others got stuck?

Why would the upgrade panel show me that it could be upgraded to MK XV?

http://fav.me/dcpvj1p
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It CAN be upgraded to 15 UV, but not 15 gold. It's quality that's maxed not mk level.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    From what i'm seeing here this is working as intended. Your module is maxed out on quality but no mark grade. If you're looking to upgrade the item you can still take it to a mk xv ultra rare, just not mk xv epic. If you're saying you can't upgrade it at all to xv then that's another issue entirely. Try upgrading it to xv and if it won't go to xv then either myself or one of my cohorts will move this to the bug reporting area.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    I can't upgrade these items at all from this point, it won't show any tech upgrades to slot and I have plenty and they show on the other modules and Apapted MACO shields that successfully upgraded to MK XV UR.

This glitch is on my main.

I tried this on my JemHadar Alt and his Force Dome Generator that he got from ESD upgraded just fine?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Odd indeed my DSC toon could update a 23c mortar I got from the exchange so it's not universal.
  • dangp1dangp1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    you need to use kit upgrades for modules not ground upgrades
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I've moved this discussion to the PC bug forums to get a bit better exposure for tech support. What kind of modules are you trying to use to upgrade? Also can you potentially get a video of it not wanting to upgrade?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    I've moved this discussion to the PC bug forums to get a bit better exposure for tech support. What kind of modules are you trying to use to upgrade? Also can you potentially get a video of it not wanting to upgrade?

I'm using ground tech upgrades that I craft in the RnD.

They worked fine the day before the last patch to upgrade the Weapons Malfunction and the Medical Generator modules and one personal Adapted MACO shield on my BOFFs.

The day after the patch I couldn't upgrade my remaining personal Adapted MACO shields or my Shield Generator or Force Field Dome or Beam Turret modules?

I don't believe we need a movie as http://fav.me/dcpvj1p shows the upgrade screen, just imagine me futilely clicking on the square where a tech upgrade should go and http://fav.me/dcpsuw4 happening. (I have lots of superior ground tech upgrades and one basic, none of which even show.)

This is on my main Thlaylie. My Jem'hadar at least can freely upgrade the same modules my main can't.
  • dangp1dangp1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    kits and kit modules require KIT upgrades not GROUND upgrades. if you look in the upgrade window it even tells you what type of upgrade you need for each item you want to upgrade.
    in the pictures you supplied it clearly says kit upgrades. the ground upgrades are for weapons and armor
    edited October 2018
    Nevermind I got it figured out, personal shields use shield tech upgrades, I also found the Kit tech upgrades, thanks all.