test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online's 2018/2019 Roadmap!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Get to know the future of Star Trek Online. For the first time, we're revealing a roadmap of our plans on PC and Console up until the first half of 2019. Got questions? Make sure to watch #TenForwardWeekly next week!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11010493

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Awesome!

Can we have a Captain Killy Bridge Officer?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Sounds good. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    This looks awesome!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • anyajenkinsanyajenkins Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Disco part2 and 3... This is suicide... like Marvel Heroes...prepare yourself for the last year of what use to be a great game...
    coffee the finest organic suspension ever devised - Janeway
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Looks like the AoD (aka disco warrior) will not be facing oblivion yet. It will gather space dust until the next AoD parts arrive though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • friendlyfire2012friendlyfire2012 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    still no pirate ships? - Captain Harlock
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Hard to say anything definite without any kind of detail, but personally this looks interesting. Nice to see that the personal endeavors are indeed becoming a thing, I'd feared they'd been shelved permanently.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • makitkmakitk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    our plans on PC and Console
    Still waiting for the inclusion of Linux PC in your "PC" plans. Be glad Valve pushes its Steam Play / Proton development or you would not have seen me investing time (and money) in your game anymore.

You should really change your terminology to "Windows PC" or just "Windows" if you don't plan to release on all the OSes that fall under the umbrella term PC.

(Hey, it took me 5 years before I got annoyed enough to write this. You could at least give us five years of development time off on the side somewhere...)
  • rex9234rex9234 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    A FEH'KIRI ship what ship better not be a t6 battle carrier that should be a zen store ship
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Would be good if it wasn’t for the poorly designed new UI’s we keep getting and new queue system that makes it far harder to get into many queues. There is no use in new content when we struggle to play new or old content due to badly designed systems like random STF which is causing problems. I have barely managed to play anything since the last update due to badly designed features.

It would be nice to see something about fixing the poor QA on new content in the roadmap. I still cannot get any of th new content from the last update working. There are a lot of basic easy to spot bugs that shouldn't be slipping though to live with basic check lists. Some bugs will always slip though but a lot of what is slipping though the net shouldn't be.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Prep for December:
    s8Suobc.png
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Half way suspected something was off about Cryptic. Recent cloned ships and fed tutorial. That ViL expac must of hit Cryptic harder than they are willing to admit as far as finances are concerned, being that it is written all over their roadmap, virtually little until the mid point of next year, aside from the occasional mission and event, it's rather barren.

If a Fek'ihri ship is coming, that means the Kha'fi carrier needs to be released from the Klingon faction as an exclusive ship, otherwise it makes no sense.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Meantime.....while everyone else is off on Discovery....
    I am still trying to untangle WTF is going on with her (too many) character's missions.
    Between making everyone their lunches. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Am I missing something? No Battle at the Binary stars for PC?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Am I missing something? No Battle at the Binary stars for PC?
    We get it in November.
    still no pirate ships? - Captain Harlock
    We have Miradorn pirate ships and I think a Husnock ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • andromeda981andromeda981 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Disco part2 and 3... This is suicide... like Marvel Heroes...prepare yourself for the last year of what use to be a great game...

This is exactly what they promised it wouldn't be... all Disco all the time. Not even a mention of the coming 40th anniversary of TMP (1979-2019). Classic Trek is dead here. We can't even play the old Classic Trek content anymore because they've stripped most of it out of the game to make it TRIBBLE-compliant.

I've barely played since they announced AoSTD, and I have not logged in once since it launched. It looks like I'll not be doing so until winter event, unless they slime that with TRIBBLE oozings as well. I guess I'll be logging off again after that until summer and Risa, again on the same condition they not Disco that up too.

RIP to STO, 2010-2018. It's STDO now. The only thing they haven't done yet is change the name. But the writing is now clearly on the wall.

Does anyone have a rollback server we could play?

giphy.gif

How awful it must be for you, truly. To deal with such... difficulties. Good bye now. Don't let the doors redshirt you on the way out.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

This is exactly what they promised it wouldn't be... all Disco all the time. Not even a mention of the coming 40th anniversary of TMP (1979-2019). Classic Trek is dead here. We can't even play the old Classic Trek content anymore because they've stripped most of it out of the game to make it TRIBBLE-compliant.

I've barely played since they announced AoSTD, and I have not logged in once since it launched. It looks like I'll not be doing so until winter event, unless they slime that with TRIBBLE oozings as well. I guess I'll be logging off again after that until summer and Risa, again on the same condition they not Disco that up too.

RIP to STO, 2010-2018. It's STDO now. The only thing they haven't done yet is change the name. But the writing is now clearly on the wall.

lol

Game is doing just fine without you.. bye!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

Imagine hating Star Trek this much and yet play this game.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Play nice. Belittling players' dissatisfaction is counterproductive if you like playing a game dependent upon the online participation of others.
    Play nice. Belittling players' dissatisfaction is counterproductive if you like playing a game dependent upon the online participation of others.

giphy.gif

Technically. In theory. seaofsorrows, ilithyn and I are playing nice. Together. So thats a community effort, yes?
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User

"You must make this game how I want or I will stop playing" isn't really dissatisfaction so much as being generally entitled.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Half way suspected something was off about Cryptic. Recent cloned ships and fed tutorial. That ViL expac must of hit Cryptic harder than they are willing to admit as far as finances are concerned, being that it is written all over their roadmap, virtually little until the mid point of next year, aside from the occasional mission and event, it's rather barren.

If a Fek'ihri ship is coming, that means the Kha'fi carrier needs to be released from the Klingon faction as an exclusive ship, otherwise it makes no sense.

This is how we know STO does things though. Events like Winter Wonderland and the Anniversary event are staple events now for the game. Everything else is to pad things out.

What else do you want them to announce as part of their roadmap? When X ships are coming out?

We only have a roadmap of what is essentially the next 6 months of the game. We don't know what's on the horizon for June or beyond yet, so it's a bit premature to call doom on the game.

Also, you're being a bit dramatic about them stripping classic trek out of the game. Apart from the episodes in which we deal with B'vat from the Klingon war, everything else that was stripped from the mission journal (Spectres, Wasteland for non-Romulans, Lost Dominion/2800, Breen arc) is still available in the mission journal.

Also, FYI, the actual date of the anniversary of TMP is December 7th, so they could still have something planned out. It's just not on their 6 month roadmap yet.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I’m pleased to see that Cryptic is being a bit more open about what they plan to do. I will look forward to seeing what they have in store as far as the story is concerned.

However, I share the worry of many long-time players that the core game and much of the old content will continue to suffer. Now, the reorganization of the mission journal and bits of polish they put on some of the old missions does show that Cryptic hasn’t forgotten the old stuff. However, there is much in the old content that still needs attention. Having to make a new character and lead them through the mission journal has thrown a glaring light on the decay that has seeped into the core of the game.

How many of you out there would agree that having an occasional initiative to go back and update parts of the old content would be beneficial to the game as a whole? It could easily be touted as “New Content,” depending on how thorough the updates are and be made just as effective at generating revenue as brand new content is.

We could even get the player base involved. Cryptic could announce an event to play through an old story arc and report back on its condition, with an in-game reward of some kind for completing the event and submitting a report. The report could focus on bugs, glitches, graphical appearance, and overall polish of the missions, and from there Cryptic would have a wealth of information to work off of in breathing new life into the old content. It’s just a thought, but there is much potential to be had in cleaning up the old game.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    … I can't imagine people being up in arms about the fact that the currently running Star Trek show is actually getting attention in the game… Complete with voice acting from the cast no less.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    A Roadmap? Predictions what STO will contain months in the future?

We didn't have that since dstahl!

I hope this time, they are more accurate and reliable.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User

giphy.gif

How awful it must be for you, truly. To deal with such... difficulties. Good bye now. Don't let the doors redshirt you on the way out.

The poster you're being snide to has a right to their opinion, even if everybody doesn't agree with him/her. There is no need for the CDF BS here.

lol

seaofsorrows. Private First Class, Third Squad, Second Platoon, "Dog" Company, 96th Fanboi Battalion, Cryptic Defense Force, has reported for duty, folks.

See how counterproductive that response was? That's in the same realm of asinine responses as yours above was.

The primary purpose of these forums is FEEDBACK. And part of giving FEEDBACK is expressing displeasure at the state of the game, and people agreeing or disagreeing in a civil manner. If we didn't allow for that, it wouldn't be STO Forums. It would be "Fanboi Sycophant Online Forums". There are plenty of other places on the tubes if you are looking for an echo chamber. And it doesn't help the developers get a feel for the playerbase that uses the forums, to get a general idea of what works and what doesn't.

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    +1

giphy.gif

The poster you're being snide to has a right to their opinion, even if everybody doesn't agree with him/her. There is no need for the CDF BS here.

lol

seaofsorrows. Private First Class, Third Squad, Second Platoon, "Dog" Company, 96th Fanboi Battalion, Cryptic Defense Force, has reported for duty, folks.

See how counterproductive that response was? That's in the same realm of asinine responses as yours above was.

The primary purpose of these forums is FEEDBACK. And part of giving FEEDBACK is expressing displeasure at the state of the game, and people agreeing or disagreeing in a civil manner. If we didn't allow for that, it wouldn't be STO Forums. It would be "Fanboi Sycophant Online Forums". There are plenty of other places on the tubes if you are looking for an echo chamber. And it doesn't help the developers get a feel for the playerbase that uses the forums, to get a general idea of what works and what doesn't.

giphy.gif

CDF, Cryptic Defence Force? Groundbreaking.

Having a fit over ST:DSC being given some coverage by a video game is not feedback. It's an asinine fit by a fanboi who isn't getting what they wanted. If you find a snide remark and someone saying good bye to be themselves asinine and uncivil, then you do you. And we'll do what we do.

When a tantrum over DSC being in STO becomes feedback then maybe I'll consider being less snide. But till then, sorry. I'll stick to being what I am. Tantrums aren't feedback. They're tantrums.

If you want feedback. It's going to the feedback section of the forums and giving your feedback in a constructive manner that is actually of use to someone.

giphy.gif