test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revert to Old Mission Journal

kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
Seriously, the new journal is a mess. Previously completed arcs can't be replayed due to TFO's being inserted breaking the arc chain. Some previously completed arcs now show as if you never did them at all if they even appear at all anywhere. All the missions from the Cardassian arc in which you could acquire the Jem'Hadar ground set are gone as well is Facility 2048 so you can't do the Facility 2048 doff mission. Stream lining the journal is one thing, total borking it is another because this certainly isn't a improvement.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Ooooh! Can I get a second Jem BOff?
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Was going to do a future proof misison rerun for one of the rewards and found the entire arc was locked.

Not greyed out just locked with the contact listed as the mission stimulator who doesn't appear to be present anywhere in the game.

Very much a theme throughout their mission log where it seems to be an arbitrary coin toss whether a mission can be replayed or not.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Yeah, this new mission journal is horrible. Makes me not want to play any new characters anymore... Which means there's not really a lot of gameplay left.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What a bunch of drama queens. Get over it. Just FYI, Cryptic has never reverted a change like this in STO, and they won't now.
    How about just fixing the problems it has caused and maybe cleaning things up a bit by adding a section for these "sidestories" so we can access them properly?
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What a bunch of drama queens. Get over it. Just FYI, Cryptic has never reverted a change like this in STO, and they won't now.
    How about just fixing the problems it has caused and maybe cleaning things up a bit by adding a section for these "sidestories" so we can access them properly?

That would be better, yes.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Go back through your journal and Skip the TFO's.

Any mission that has a skip next to it, skip that up until the one you want to do. Once I skipped the TFO's my entire journal is once again available and I can replay any mission I like.

The TFO's in the mission journal are a complete mistake from top to bottom. I know they won't revert the changes and that's fine.. but I hope they at least remove TFO's from the normal mission progression.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I will advise some folks in here to cool their jets before I'm forced to break out the mod sword. Folks are free to debate, but keep it civil.

Now with the obligatory above statement out of the way, it's honestly not as bad as folks are thinking and actually gives us ALOT of benefits. I will agree there needs to be a "Side Missions" tab if you will so folks are better able to access it and realize what those missions are. New players may not know about those missions and miss some great content. With that said the issue you're describing is one I had myself where I had the entirety of the Future Proof arc just locked out. I had no hail or replay button at all. When I looked back over my journal I had to skip 2 missions that my progress was reset on and skip the TFO handoff missions. Once I did that the arc unlocked as normal. There are also still a very select few missions that you simply cannot skip and have to complete. Those are usually the "go here and talk to that guy" sort of thing, and once you do that, you never have to touch them again on that toon.

If you're telling me that you can't skip those missions, or you have skipped them and it still won't unlock then that's another issue entirely and I would ask you to provide screenshots and/or video that could be utilized for a bug report.

Some of the very large benefits is that there is no longer ANY level restrictions on the content. This meant I was able to run the old cardassian arc and get a Jem'hadar set at level 15. I was also able to skip the entire kobali battlezone which for me was a godsend. Now I just beam down, talk to dude and go. Personally I would rather get stuck in a room with 20 screaming ferengi for a year than have to go back to the old version that has level requirements and forces me to do that Kobali battlezone.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Personally I would rather get stuck in a room with 20 screaming ferengi for a year than have to go back to the old version that has level requirements and forces me to do that Kobali battlezone.

I'm with you on that one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.