test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOFF Promotion AOD

ulyssessolo16ulyssessolo16 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
I cannot seem to promote any of my BOFF's, both the AOD ones as well as the regular. They are all stuck at cadet. Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I was able to promote my AoD BOFFs but, I could not put their rank on their uniforms.
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I cannot seem to promote any of my BOFF's, both the AOD ones as well as the regular. They are all stuck at cadet. Is anyone else having this issue?

I just got myself some new boffs on my 25th century fed toon and can't seem to promote them says I need 221,775 to promote them from cadet/ensign to lieutenant even though I have 3,426,460 available expertise. I wasn't having this problem either yesterday or before. I don't know what happened but it has got to be fixed or I need to be presented with a workaround ASAP.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @jackson900pwe , Which character are you experiencing this issue on?
    I should also point out that I currently have 3,426,460
    Hello @jackson900pwe , Which character are you experiencing this issue on?

Maberry@CommanderJackson900 which is my main.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @jackson900pwe ,
    After investigating I was able to verify the issue with your character. I have filed the bug and sent it off to the correct team to investigate. Thank you for your patience at this time.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    @chrian#9670 My character Aehaa i-Ra'tleihfi t'Vrih@mneme0 is having the same problem.
    Hello @jackson900pwe ,
    After investigating I was able to verify the issue with your character. I have filed the bug and sent it off to the correct team to investigate. Thank you for your patience at this time.

:) Thank you for the help.
  • brothabennybrothabenny Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    @chrian#9670

So I have a good friend who also seems to have encountered this problem... He recently purchased the Andrea TOS android BOFF from our K13 fleet holding with one of his KDF-Faction characters. He went to promote her only to find that he can't. Both 'promote' buttons are greyed out (both the one in the BOFF's skills tab, and the one which drops down under 'career' options).

When hovering the cursor over the promote button, a small popup says that 570,910 Available Expertise is required to promote her (her very first rank promotion). 570,910!!!! For that Boff's very first promotion. I checked one of my own characters, and my same Boff needs just 1,100 expertise for the same level promotion.

In any case, even if that was the true ammount required, My friends character has over 19 million Expertise available, so that 570,910 requirement should be easily covered... and yet the promotion button is still greyed out.

He has since comissioned other random throw-away boffs on the same character to test, and they all have the same problem. The promotion button is always greyed out with a 570,910 expertise requirement... So he is effectively unable to comission and promote any new Bridge Officers at all.

Please @chrian#9670 if there is anything you can do to help it would be greatly appreciated. The character my friend has experienced this issue on is Chi@SelVonSelrach

Thanks!
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    The fix for this is in testing.
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.