test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alienware Fx Lighting Not Working

For every faction, Federation, Klingon, and Romulan, my Alienware 17 R4's lighting takes on the color palette of the faction I'm currently using, a blue for Starfleet, Red for KDF, and a aqua green for Romulan Republic. The new Dominion faction released doesn't seem to have a color scheme for my Fx to adapt to, so whenever I play the new Dominion characters, my Alienware 17's lighting just goes dark, and doesn't change unless I use another character or leave the game. Would it be at all possible to add an adaptive color scheme to the Dominion like other factions, a light purple or magenta with some red alert color alternative so it seems interactive like the other factions?

Comments

• Options
    karleya09karleya09 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Sounds like a good idea, but I found on my 17 R4, even with the default palette for Fed, it's wonky and sometimes completely deactivates the lighting settings to the point where I can't see the keyboard so I actually deleted the FX profile file. Be nice if it's updated completely.
    hwRjIGn.gif
  • Options
    moonwater2moonwater2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am using alienware pro gaming keyboard. I have specified zone colors making a rainbow from left to right.
    I have never enabled third party interact with my keyboard. Suddenly today the keyboard is taking on the Star Trek character palettes, wiping out my personal preference. Where in game can we disable this? I'm having to redo my preference every time I leave the game. Very annoying. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a star trek gaming profile in the command center, the tray icon shows third party disabled. How/why is the game suddenly taking over?
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    people reported having to not only deactivate this alienware (or razer) software - which I have no idea about -
    but even have to remove it.