test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

20% Ship Sale!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Save 20% on Ships this weekend on all platforms! Take command of the ship of your dreams!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11008993

Comments

• danmeyerdanmeyer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Lobi please!!
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    The new ship isn't for sale at all?
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Nice, I'm glad I didn't buy when I acquired Zen other day...waiting a bit paid off, here I though I would be waiting a month or 2 for next ship sale. Sadly already bought some bank/inventory slots on character so missed some on service sale. Oh well. lol.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Wow...sales going on all over the place!!!!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well, it's official.

Between over stocking us with Phoenix Kits, delaying upgrade weekends and now the careful timing of the ship sale it's clear that Cryptic believes that too many sales are going to Dilithium trade. They are now obviously keeping the exchange rate as high as possible so people have to use cash. I had a feeling that they would do this eventually, but it's a shame.

Upgrade Weekend was the only chance we had to nudge the exchange rate down a bit. Even that though was going to be highly limited since they ran 2 Phoenix Box events so no one is using Dilithium. The ship sale just make sure that the exchange rate goes up not down.

Looks like the F2P model is going to get a lot more grindy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Well, it's official.

They are now obviously keeping the exchange rate as high as possible so people have to use cash. I had a feeling that they would do this eventually, but it's a shame.

Looks like the F2P model is going to get a lot more grindy.

Since starting to play STO I've seen the Dil:Zen exchange rate swing from 400:1 to 180:1, so the current rate of 285/290:1 is well within the historical moves. In 2017 we were running with a rate of 320:1, with the same Zen sales, key sales, Pbox Events and upgrade weekends. The price is what the market will bear. The solution is simple: if the Dil:Zen ratio is not in your favour don't sell/buy.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Yeah the Phoenix Prize Pack this time around made little to zero impact on overall market. The only reason I see continuing getting the Phoenix Prize Pack is because of the upgrade tokens if you fail or have gotten everything else below the Epic and UR items. Getting an Epic and UR is just so ludicrously low.
    Just to give you an example if we go with the 2 for 1 downgrade conversion in the pack now, then the odd should be around

Epic 1.59%
    Ultra Rare 3.17%
    Very Rare 6.35%
    Rare 12.70%
    Uncommon 25.40%
    Common 50.79%

However it looks like odds are much lower. Epic seems to be around 0.25% and Ultra Rare is around 0.5% (this is based upon post I have seen where people have opened up a few hundred box and only gotten 1 Epic and may two Ultra Rare.)

Maybe if the Epic and Ultra Rare items were account unlocks there might be more interest, I don’t know. The other option might be to allow for 1:3 token upgrade. This would give about the same odds as getting an epic or 364 common to 1 epic.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    You need those tokens to up rarity chances or Omegas.

(Still thinking...Vor'ral or no Vor'ral....do I really want to try a battle cruiser, and is this the one I wanna try...and do I want to try it right now?)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Fine then. I'm gonna get a ship. But I was given no choice.