test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leaving penalty, punish all

ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
Dear all,

this is pretty much a copy of what I wrote here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244559/leaver-penalty-did-it-changed

I can tell you that, at least in the borg ground TFO, if you quit after somebody else has quit the mission you are going to get a penalty.
This happen to me in Kithomer Ground and Infected ground. In both missions other players had leaved, making the mission impossible to complete. This cannot be right, a player should not get punished because
somebody else made the mission impossible to finish...

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What is the story there?

Did the others leave because they decided they did not want to do ground TFOs?
    Are they really doing that??
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    It's possible they crashed. In my case, the game is a lot more prone to crashing on ground than in space, and after I log back in, I'm not locked out with the penalty, so it looks like the game doesn't see the first "crashed" leaver as the first player who left, hence maybe you got the penalty, because the game thought you were the first to leave.
    edited October 2018
    What is going on with this poor program....it seems very unstable after AoD.
    Is it a problem with the Random queue thing? It is getting weird.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    What is the story there?

Did the others leave because they decided they did not want to do ground TFOs?
    Are they really doing that??

They leaved when the things started to become hard. In kithomer they leaved at the
    shielded core room. In infected they left at the "jumpy" boss room.
    They did not crash, also because I waited for a while in both missions before leaving.
    So, sorry that is happening to you.
    I hope people get more practiced at those ground queues, soon.

Are you going to give up?

guljarol wrote: »
    It's possible they crashed. In my case, the game is a lot more prone to crashing on ground than in space,
    It may just be corrupted files.

Try a Force Verify of files.
    Turn off that "On Demand Patching" thing because it is said that Force Verify works better without it.