test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Walker-class Prototype ship from AoD pack - use by Romulan allies?

tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
Hello, all. Can the scaling ship in the Age of Discovery starter pack be used by Romulan captains who ally with the Federation?
If not, was any reason given?

Thanks!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    Hello, all. Can the scaling ship in the Age of Discovery starter pack be used by Romulan captains who ally with the Federation?
    If not, was any reason given?

Thanks!

Federation allied characters cannot reclaim the packs to the best of my knowledge. That's in addition to not being able to get the ship from ship requisitions (I looked into it because of the Admiralty card). But Fed-allied characters can buy the Malachowski Light Cruiser for a small amount of dil from the ship acquisition officer in social hubs that have them.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @oldravenman3025 said:
    > tagen wrote: »
    >
    > Hello, all. Can the scaling ship in the Age of Discovery starter pack be used by Romulan captains who ally with the Federation?
    > If not, was any reason given?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Federation allied characters cannot reclaim the packs to the best of my knowledge. That's in addition to not being able to get the ship from ship requisitions (I looked into it because of the Admiralty card). But Fed-allied characters can buy the Malachowski Light Cruiser for a small amount of dil from the ship acquisition officer in social hubs that have them.

All 3 Fed stories can get the Walker right after the tutorial. Anyone else. NOPE!

Kinda sad.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @oldravenman3025 said:
    >
    > Hello, all. Can the scaling ship in the Age of Discovery starter pack be used by Romulan captains who ally with the Federation?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Federation allied characters cannot reclaim the packs to the best of my knowledge. That's in addition to not being able to get the ship from ship requisitions (I looked into it because of the Admiralty card). But Fed-allied characters can buy the Malachowski Light Cruiser for a small amount of dil from the ship acquisition officer in social hubs that have them.

All 3 Fed stories can get the Walker right after the tutorial. Anyone else. NOPE!

Kinda sad.

What's really funny, if I'm not mistaken, allied characters can use the T6 Walker Class from the Lobi Store.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @oldravenman3025 said:
    >
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Kinda sad.

What's really funny, if I'm not mistaken, allied characters can use the T6 Walker Class from the Lobi Store.
    That's correct. Also the T6 Crossfield-class from the disco lockbox.
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Pretty sure I saw a Klingon in a walker class doing the new starbase one raid
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    you would think that on an account unlock like that you could at least get the admiralty card for allies
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Thank you all for the information. I'll hope they change it at some point because the ship becomes less useful for me (not many fed-specific characters), but I won't be holding my breath.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Patch notes for October 18th include:
    Resolved an issue which caused the Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser to be unavailable to Federation-aligned Romulan and Dominion characters.
    Fingers crossed it actually works! :smile:
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    In the hopes that this AoD starter pack is a success, sales wise, I would like to see the same treatment done for the existing starter packs for Rom/KDF as well. Swap out the Connie for the original starter ship, the Miranda, but convert it as well as the T'varo and Brel to be able to grow with the player, just like the Walker prototype. They would have to bump up the price to 1500 most likely, to match the AoD pack, but all three ships are iconic, and I think they would sell.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tiekosora wrote: »
    In the hopes that this AoD starter pack is a success, sales wise, I would like to see the same treatment done for the existing starter packs for Rom/KDF as well. Swap out the Connie for the original starter ship, the Miranda, but convert it as well as the T'varo and Brel to be able to grow with the player, just like the Walker prototype. They would have to bump up the price to 1500 most likely, to match the AoD pack, but all three ships are iconic, and I think they would sell.
    The LoR and AoY packs come with full sets of ships all tiers.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    LOR and AOY / Delta packs for 750 Zen? I guess Discovery is just not good enough to fill a Pack
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Maybe I'm Abby Normal but I like the level-up experience of moving from ship to ship with each rank gain.

It would be interesting if they tweaked lock box and lobi ships to scale down to 10 instead of 40 though. Then if you're creating a new themed captain like an Enterprise era or Mirror Defector, Merc, Ferengi, etc. you could use the ship that fits from almost the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.