test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You need access to more ships as an Admiral

So, every 10 levels you get a new ship right? Then why does it stop at level 40? The ships then are way to expensive.

Comments

• drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You get the next free ship at level 61. Which will be a T5 retrofit ship. If you want a T6, you will have to pay or wait for an event. However, that last free ship at 40 is more than good enough for even elite content. If you are having problems, the issue is your build or your piloting or both.

He's talking about for Admiralty. Slagging off his build is not necessary or fair and shows you did not read his post.

OP, admiralty missions can grant single-time-use ships for admiralty campaigns so this is one way to get some. Visit the Narendra system to gain an Epic sci ship, the USS Sally Ride, permanently. Getting to lvl 10 in each campaign grants another Epic ship for each. If Cryptic do any more giveaway events, that's one way to get some more ships you can claim and dismiss for admiralty as well.
    If you have some EC you can buy the mirror universe ships and other T5 ships from the exchange for somewhere between 7 and 10mil each. Many of them are actually good to fly too.

Hope this helps and don't worry, as you play you'll find more ways to get ships, even if only single-use ones.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    What in his op would make you think the issue is admiralty system as he does not mention it one bit. Or in the title...which just mentions admiral...not admiralty. Maybe YOU should bother to actually read things @drowrulesupreme.

You know what, you're absolutely right about that, and I apologise. But do you not think jumping in and slagging off his build was still not helpful in this instance? We're both guilty of something here, I'm sorry for my faux pas (honestly am, seriously mis read his title as Admiralty as had been reading another thread on that and must have had it on the brain), are you?

OP, what did you mean?

"...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    You have access to a huge number of ships as an Admiral. The only ships you don't have access to are the Faction locked ships of the Faction(s) you don't belong to.

However, based on the ending of your post, I believe you should change your thread title to "You need access to more free ships as an Admiral".

Technically, the only ship(s) in the game that aren't free are Veteran ships you get as a lifer, every other ship in the game can be had without ever spending even a penny of real money.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    i think it's the last delta mission where you do the freaking maze from hell you get the Rhode Island card too. at least one of my toons got it somehow, the others don't. and there are a couple from the phoenix boxes I think. then there is always grind dil-zen-kes-ec and buylockbox ships, like the mirrors and lower priced t5 ships.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    So, every 10 levels you get a new ship right? Then why does it stop at level 40?
    Most likely because they want you to buy or save up in-game for a C-store ship to help fund the game. If you choose wisely it could possible be the only ship you need for a very long time. There are some decent sales regularly with some of the best sales in Nov /Dec. Advice on what ship to pick is a common topic in the academy or shipyard section.

I did notice one thing that's changed though on my AoD toon. At level 40 any of the event ships* you've earned are available as well as any Jem'hadar Vanguard ships that you've unlocked the tier 6 mastery on. Having tier 6 ships available at L40 is new to me and I assume is working as intended?

*OP: while my comment doesn't help you directly there are free tier 6 event ships available each year. There's also some ships available directly for fleet credits if you're in a fleet, mirror versions from the exchange (T5 non-upgradeable), and fleet ship modules available via attaining tier 6 in reputations.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Get your free T5 Retrofit ship at Level 61 and stick with that for a bit.

We're about to enter the 'free ship sweet spot' for new players.. the end of the year/beginning of a new year. Through December-February we'll have the Winter Event followed by the Anniversary event.. both events will award a T6 ship.

If there is a ship in the C-Store you really want, that's fine too.. Black Friday sales will be around soon enough. Either way, you'll have some great chances to pick up some ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    I did notice one thing that's changed though on my AoD toon. At level 40 any of the event ships* you've earned are available as well as any Jem'hadar Vanguard ships that you've unlocked the tier 6 mastery on. Having tier 6 ships available at L40 is new to me and I assume is working as intended?
    It's been like that for a couple of years now for event ships, at lvl40 they have reduced hull and shield cap, they gain more once your toon hit's 50, and max out when you reach 60.
  • charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Also keep in mind, after a bit of waiting/farming and you hit Tier 6 Reputations you will be able to get Fleet Ship Modules from those reputations (12 in total) which gives you access to at least 2 T6 Fleet ships of your choice (or 12 if you have their store counter-part which can also be unlocked over time with dilithium -> zen exchange - a great thing for long-time players with store unlocks from the past or well, just playing the game for a long time)

If you just started with your first character though, don't rush it, build up your resources first before commiting to multiple ships you might want. Like others have said, soon the Winter-Event will start which again gets you a free T6 ship and the reputations until then can also be finished. Sales are coming around and have also been more recent this entire year (a trend i don't see stopping any time soon, it makes them money), just build up your resources (dilithium, EC, access to crafting/QoL unlocks) first then worry about not having enough ships, these days, with all the specializations, really overpowered gear (even without any special gear like lobi/ship consoles etc) you can make a competent build to do everything the game has to offer. Over time you'll simply get more and more and you'll get there quicker which also means you'll eventually get access to tons of zen without paying a cent.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    charon83 wrote: »
    Also keep in mind, after a bit of waiting/farming and you hit Tier 6 Reputations you will be able to get Fleet Ship Modules from those reputations (12 in total) which gives you access to at least 2 T6 Fleet ships of your choice (or 12 if you have their store counter-part which can also be unlocked over time with dilithium -> zen exchange - a great thing for long-time players with store unlocks from the past or well, just playing the game for a long time)

If you just started with your first character though, don't rush it, build up your resources first before commiting to multiple ships you might want. Like others have said, soon the Winter-Event will start which again gets you a free T6 ship and the reputations until then can also be finished. Sales are coming around and have also been more recent this entire year (a trend i don't see stopping any time soon, it makes them money), just build up your resources (dilithium, EC, access to crafting/QoL unlocks) first then worry about not having enough ships, these days, with all the specializations, really overpowered gear (even without any special gear like lobi/ship consoles etc) you can make a competent build to do everything the game has to offer. Over time you'll simply get more and more and you'll get there quicker which also means you'll eventually get access to tons of zen without paying a cent.

assuming you belong to a fleet. I'm hoping they are not bound buti suspect they are. I'd sell them otherwise
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited October 2018

assuming you belong to a fleet. I'm hoping they are not bound but i suspect they are. I'd sell them otherwise
    Fleet ships are bound whether fleet versions of C-store ships or fleet credit only ships and don't give a transferable tier 5 mastery trait which is an important point for newer players. No idea about the status of the FSM's from tier 6 reputation but will assume they're account bound. Aside from the upcoming decent sales and event ships this is probably the best deal -
    Get your free T5 Retrofit ship at Level 61 and stick with that for a bit.[...]
    bejaymac wrote: »
    It's been like that for a couple of years now for event ships, at lvl40 they have reduced hull and shield cap, they gain more once your toon hit's 50, and max out when you reach 60.
    Thank you. Must have missed this change.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User

assuming you belong to a fleet. I'm hoping they are not bound buti suspect they are. I'd sell them otherwise

The Fleet Ship modules that come from Tier 6 Reps (and paying 100 Marks) are bound to character, at least that's how they were when I last tested on Tribble. No transferring them, even to new toons on the same account.
    bejaymac wrote: »

Only the hull scales directly, though you might have a Mastery giving you more shields depending on the ship. Also, they continue scaling to 65, though it's not always spelled out.