test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot send Fleet Mail

dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
This is an aggravating bug. Mail send and reply to individuals is fine. Send a mail to Fleet-the send button remains grayed out. Multiple restarts, a re-install-still no good. Now my ticket has been "escalated" but no replies.

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @dariustural , Verify Fleet -> Settings -> That your rank in your fleet allows you to send fleet mail.
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Verified. I am a Fleet Admiral in my fleet and part of the leadership. I checked those settings right off the bat.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Could you post a picture of your fleet permissions menu showing me your rank in your fleet and that the "Fleet mail" is check marked.
    Game-Client-10-16-2018-8-21-57-PM.pngGame-Client-10-16-2018-8-22-40-PM.pngGame-Client-10-16-2018-8-27-46-PM.png

Hope this helps.

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Again, hesitated to write here (this is not a support post, and is written by a mere player, but maybe could help troubleshooting)
    But maybe the following is relevant to TROUBLESHOOTING by devs.

Another possibly related bug:
    ~2 days ago in a console subforum there was reported a bug by another player regarding promotion error despite having permission.
    The above bug presents also in PC, as I saw, but there was a workaround for the promotion bug (which may work or not work for others but worked for me) - in fleet screen, I went to settings and saw rank's permissions (meanwhile checked if permission suffice - in the above case it SURELY suffice, just describing what was done/in general) and then went back to roster and choose the char and promote it. Got an error but promotion was done successfully and finally for the 1st time the promoted char's name appeared in fleet news, what which appeared empty in initial invite. (which was itself done after trying before and was only possible after tutorial was done)

I don't think this workaround can be done for fleet mail as it's not same screen as mailing. (maybe mail could be then sent right after visiting settings -> your rank, and maybe also back to roster, and then mailbox itself but I REALLY doubt it.) But maybe it can help to figure out what went wrong.

P.S.
    Just in case, do please check also refresh / update info in fleet, though I think it's gone/better now (project in progress took some minutes to update dilitium amount donated).
    *feeding an edit monster
    edited October 2018
    rndflactuation,

Thanks. I will try this when I get home from work. Amazing. Fleet mail has been working for three years, now since the AoD/ AoD patch, Fleet mail is hosed (among other issues).

Post edited by dariustural on
    edited October 2018
    Well, got home, booted up, and guess what??? Yup, fleet mail is working again. No notice or reply from Devs on if it is fixed, or problem still occurring. Guess we will see.
    ***Update: Fleet mail once again bugged after one fleet send. I guess I am still waiting on the Devs.
    Post edited by dariustural on
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    Well, got home, booted up, and guess what??? Yup, fleet mail is working again. No notice or reply from Devs on if it is fixed, or problem still occurring. Guess we will see.
    ***Update: Fleet mail once again bugged after one fleet send. I guess I am still waiting on the Devs.

There is a cd on fleetmails to avoid spam. So u can only write one per day
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
    Cool down is 24 hrs now that I checked it. It had been five days from the first ticket until yesterday. Seems ok now.