test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very disapointed

hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
YBWyACJ.png

(Flaming comments moderated out; Click bait, non-descript title. /Thread - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Darmok and jalad at tenegra

Comments

  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,628 Arc User
    I believe it's because the engine can't handle more than two factions...other reason it's just easier than making full fledged factions.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Daybreak? Lol...wrong company.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

    Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    its so annoying and pointless the jem hadar and romulans arent allys with the feds or klingons lol they dont even give me the option to join the tal shiar as a romulan whats up with that?
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I believe it's because the engine can't handle more than two factions...other reason it's just easier than making full fledged factions.

    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    lol my bad i thought it was daybreak that owned the game
    darakoss wrote: »
    Daybreak? Lol...wrong company.

    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,628 Arc User
    hargbok wrote: »
    its so annoying and pointless the jem hadar and romulans arent allys with the feds or klingons lol they dont even give me the option to join the tal shiar as a romulan whats up with that?
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I believe it's because the engine can't handle more than two factions...other reason it's just easier than making full fledged factions.

    The Tal Shiar would be a 3rd faction, and from what is said I gather the game can't handle beyond blue vs red.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    There will be more missions later for AoD. You only have to have patience.
    boldly-watched.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,385 Arc User
    The game is basically hard-coded to be two-factions since its inception, so that has to carry forward or risk breaking a lot of things.

    Also, why would your Jem'Hadar hate the Feds and KDF? He's only a few years old and was brought up on Odo's "solids are mostly good" teachings. He likely would go with his 'god's' opinion and join willingly just because Odo told him to.

    Cardassians are disappointing to a fair number of people, but there weren't the resources to give them and the Jem'Hadar both the mini-faction treatment, so they decided on focusing on the Jems and pushing out the Cardies to be just a C-Store race. Also, post DS9 they weren't doing to great, and STO has them as still kinda beat down never reclaiming even the glory they had at the beginning of DS9, so a mini-faction of even the strength of the Romulans would be a bit much.

    I'll give you the Discovery thing (Stretched Expansion? Continuous Season?) feeling rushed, mostly because it was. CBS wants STO to be part of the Discovery verse (Age of Discovery is actually intended to be canon to the show,) but that means getting the game parts out pretty quickly and Cryptic just 'finished' shoving out an Expansion, so time spent on this way lower than an 'Expansion' and not a huge amount of time even for a 'Season'.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 4,925 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    While I disagree with the manner of your post, I can't disagree with the main point of your complaint. Factions have lost all meaning in this game, so it is disingenuous for them to pretend they are adding new ones when they force you to essentially become Fed or KDF anyway.

    That said, this isn't going to change. This is the direction they have decide to go, and you can expect all future "factions" to follow this same model. While constructive criticism(which you post definitely was not) can be helpful, in this case absolutely nothing is going to change. They simply are not going to develop enough unique content to be able to support multiple factions. No amount of criticism is going to change their model at this point.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    meh sounds pretty depressing what im hearing here = (
    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 4,925 Arc User
    hargbok wrote: »
    meh sounds pretty depressing what im hearing here = (

    It really depends on your perspective and expectations. If you are expecting this game to be something it is not and will never be, then yes you will be disappointed On the other hand, I enjoy this game for what it is, not what it isn't.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.