test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earning EC 2018

fitzypoopfitzypoop Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I've been searching for the best way to earn EC in the current state of the game on both PC and PS4. I've looked on the forum and all I've found is information that could be out of date and I was wondering what the best way to earn EC is for the current version of the game (Age of Discovery/Victory is life).

Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm looking for ways that don't involve buying zen and getting the keys to sell on the exchange. Thanks.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Same as always. Dill = Zen = Keys = EC.

Yep. So the real question is how do you earn lots of dil? My answer is lots of alts, lots of admiralty, and contraband.

But yes, using this method I get all the lock box ships I want by simply buying them on the exchange and never gambling myself.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    For grinding, Admiralty gives both dil and EC with minimal effort if you have a decent roster of ships. The dil can be converted to EC by going dil exchange => zen => keys => exchange => EC.

Besides that: KDF farmers for contraband to sell or convert to zen. Exchange PVP (find underpriced items, snipe, resell) -- if you know what you're doing.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The gudelines for making EC continue to be: 1) exercise patience; 2) get your EC from other players rather printing new ones; 3) scale out, not up; 4) don't be left holding the bag (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory).

Rule of Acquisition #1: Once you have their money, you never give it back - once it's in your space pockets, it's just as important to keep from squandering it by remembering the 4 rules of MMO wealth building: 1) No Real Money; 2) No Gambling; 3) No Gifts; 4) No Loans.
    /channel_join grind
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    There’s also the Tour of the Galaxy daily mission that gives half a million depending on n how face your ship is
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    - Best way to earn EC Year by Year - (Since I started playing)

2013: Buy low, sell high
    2014: Buy low, sell high
    2015: Buy low, sell high
    2016: Buy low, sell high
    2017: Buy low, sell high
    2018: Buy low, sell high
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    and never sell keys on the exchange when there is a key sale the prices deflate rapidly. best time to sell is a marks weekend. I think too many people dump keys on upgrade weekends.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    There’s also the Tour of the Galaxy daily mission that gives half a million depending on n how face your ship is
    This is one the most common pieces of bad advice folks give each other. The payout on that is trash, and it reinforces a bad habit common among most players - spending too much time doing grinds that pay very poorly. Even without a better grind at hand, I'd recommend folks avoid Tour (and vendortrash farming) and instead spend that time, that would otherwise be spent on those, looking for better paying grinds.

Tour also violates the general rule to get your EC from other players, rather than printing new ones.
    /channel_join grind
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    infinity boxes buy low sell high ,fleet credits - purple doffs ...
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    This is one the most common pieces of bad advice folks give each other. The payout on that is trash, and it reinforces a bad habit common among most players - spending too much time doing grinds that pay very poorly. Even without a better grind at hand, I'd recommend folks avoid Tour (and vendortrash farming) and instead spend that time, that would otherwise be spent on those, looking for better paying grinds.

Tour also violates the general rule to get your EC from other players, rather than printing new ones.

Minimal addendum, not entirely relevant here: do the tour once for the trait. Can be helpful at times and if you're here for the laung haul will certainly be worth the 15 mins spent.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User

I get 975.000 EC for each Tour of the Galaxy completion.. i have 7 toons able to finish it.. so... i just need the time for it
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • danaleedanalee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Marry rich. Visit Risa. Scuba accident. Profit.
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    The way to get space rich has always been to pay attention and predict the future. Just like real life.

A week ago did you fill every one of your toons bank slots with a stack of infinity boxes ? Inf boxes could be bought for a 170 dil a stack... and now sell for 500,000 EC a stack. That was easy to see coming.... disco ship is in the inf box.

So yes farm more dil... get into some exchange pvp. But most importantly pay attention to the New section patch notes, and the test server.

In the same vein pay attention to daily trends. There is a ton of stuff people sell on weekends for far less then it sells all week. Events are great for that as well... during events stuff that drops from event ques tends to drop in value. If you stock up you can profit when prices normalize. The winter event is not to far away now... if it features the omega game again this year. Stock up.... and I'm not saying play the game 8 hours a day, I'm saying buy buy buy. I mean those you will want your own supply of anyway... stocking them to sell off for the rest of the year isn't a bad idea. In general you can store plenty of 999 stacks of green omega particles and convert them to blue and purple over the year and profit greatly.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    bobs1111 wrote: »
    The winter event is not to far away now... if it features the omega game again this year.

The Omega game is done during the Anniversary, not Winter Wonderland.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    danalee wrote: »
    Marry rich. Visit Risa. Scuba accident. Profit.
    No scuba accident, rental floater. You know, the ones that instantly disappear when you run out of time, mid-flight. :D
This discussion has been closed.