test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So how do I sign up with my team of 2 to 3 friends now?

pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
I guess i am missing something in the new PVE Que interface, what do I click to sign up for a task for operation with my friends when we dont have a full team?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Yea... I'm wondering about this too...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    We tried that... ONLY the team lead got the prompt while the rest of us got left behind. He queued up for a Crystalline with a full team... only he went in.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Sounds like a bug to me. Crystalline doesn't qualify for RTFO so it should work like it always has.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    We were able to do privates with a FULL team. But without a full team... we have to basically PUG solo and PRAY we get in the same STF.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I only did 3 RTFOs since the update and was able to team up and lineup with two friends for that just fine.

Like usual I double check if they are in my que-group or are perhaps still in an old one. If they are in queue themselves when I invite to team that can cause problems as well.

I really cryptic did not break anything here. 5 man private is all fine and good but only covers half of my active gaming time at best.

animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    That's a problem, and needs addressed ASAP, @pwstolemyname, please copy this thread to the Bug Report forum.

Well if this is a bug and not a feature then I am sure a helpful moderator will move this thread over to the bug report forum, so making a duplicate post over there beforehand seems like it would create unnecessary clutter.

In the mean time I am interested in what peterconnorfirst stated:
    I only did 3 RTFOs since the update and was able to team up and lineup with two friends for that just fine.

This indicates that the system should be working just as it did in the past, which it wasn't for my friends and I this evening.

So for when this gets moved over to bug reports hear is exactly what we did.

I got online and invited three of my friends to a team, which they accepted. We chatted for a bit, not too long, and then I hit the random queue button. None of us had done a random before, and were interested in what we might get.

One of my team mates commented that they didn't seem to have been queued for anything, then the others confirmed the same.

The engage button appeared, and I confirmed that it only did so for me before declining.

So then I signed us up for a CE to test if it was just randoms we couldn't run together. Once again no one else got a notification that they were in queue. This time I clicked engaged and only I was pulled into the CE map.

When I got out we tried having other people sign us up as either squad or team leader, and once again the game only placed that person in queue, no one else.

So then we pulled in another friend so that we could have a full team and use the private queue function, which worked. BUT it only worked when we invited people as a queue group, the team group option just kicked every one else out of the queue group when we tried to use it.

Then after a few runs our 5th had to log for the night, so the remaining four of us were unable to run any more missions together.

I assumed there was some new way to use the queue interface which we had overlooked. The reason I thought this was because the forums weren't melting down.

I typically expect a lot of complaining on the forum, and this seemed like the sort of thing that would have set off the doom monkeys. But if this is actually a bug then I wonder why it targeted us, and not every one else. I am sure there would be more wailing and complaining if no one else could queue as a group.

... Also if this is a bug, and thus if a developer gets into the code to fix it, could they please remove the full team requirement for private queues. We used to be able to play some content with less then the max number of people and I would love to have that back.
    edited October 2018
    @pwstolemyname

I think I understand; Ever since they introduced the new queue UI we have trouble at timest that players you invite to a team also get invited to the queue group which is needed to successfully join more than one player into the same queue.
    If you can please double check that you have the selection made that team invites automatically invite its members to your queue group.

When playing private at times the respective selection could still be on manual queue group assembly.
    And even when it is set to team there is often a delay until all players accept not only the teaminvite but also the one to the queue group. One can check that with the lil green heads in the queue group ui. Only when they disappeared it is saving to queue.

No idea if there are additional issues around at the moment but at least for me that is the most important thing to pay attention to when lining up incomplete teams for public matches.
    animated.gif
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Yep, what @peterconnorfirst is saying is correct. You can play RTFOs with teams consisting of 2-4 players just fine, but you have to make sure you're both in same team *and* queue group.
    Yep, what @peterconnorfirst is saying is correct. You can play RTFOs with teams consisting of 2-4 players just fine, but you have to make sure you're both in same team *and* queue group.

Well everybody will get it right eventually, everybody but me at least. :D
    animated.gif
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User

Seems like this was a bug then, because we all were in both the same team and the same queue group. We couldn't join anything when there was less then four of us in the queue group, everything was grayed out as a choice. and when we tried to sign up for non-private queues only the person hitting join was getting put in the que.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I too am having this problem, and have not had said problem in the past. Something since the addition of RTFO has changed how the queue works and is not allowing groups of 2-4 people to queue for the same thing, it requires you to have a full group of 5 AND to private queue. Trying to queue normally with a group of 5 results in just the team leader getting the prompt to Engage.
  • jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The queue grouper lags like hell, so if you move too quickly after forming the team, this can happen.
    It has nothing to do with the grouper lagging at all. We had been ON team for 5 minutes before queuing and still had the same problem. We also tried this on separate days at different times of day. The problem is somewhere in the coding for group queues. It doesn't flag properly somewhere to include all group members.

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Affected us too. Our party couldn't join any (non random) "pug" as a party as we had a party smaller than 5 characters.
    I hope it fixed soon! It is critical.